Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 20:44   #1

Fifa '07

A friend of mine sent this link to me and I can hardly believe it. Check out this story from EA Sports. I've been waiting for the release of this game so I can romp the league as the mighty Stanley but this is almost too good to be true. Can we get some confirmation from the club on this?
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2006, 20:48   #2
God Member

Re: Fifa '07

I ahve emails awaiting my attention form fifa and sega sports both wanting pics for there games...
Old 09-08-2006, 20:54   #3
Senior Member+

other clubs must be getting jealous of us now

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 20:55   #4
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I ahve emails awaiting my attention form fifa and sega sports both wanting pics for there games...
Would that not constitute media sales Mr K?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 21:42   #5
God Member

noop as there not sales
Old 09-08-2006, 21:47   #6
Resting in Peace

I think that is great news and it is just a shame I aint got a game consol, but then again I'm not much good with games lol
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 21:55   #7
Member.

You’re a big softy; EA will market their product with your hard work and make thousands. Get them to contribute to a FIFA 07 Roof

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:13   #8

Well done to the club for this. I don't know when the US version will be released but I do know that I'll be first in line for it.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:04   #9
God Member

In the article about this on the fishy site, it says that EA Sports will have front of shirt sponsorship for this Saturday's game against Barnet. Just wondering how this will work, will it be a one off shirt just for this game or just something that's sort of velcroed on and can be removed afterwards - just curious?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:39   #10
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
In the article about this on the fishy site, it says that EA Sports will have front of shirt sponsorship for this Saturday's game against Barnet. Just wondering how this will work, will it be a one off shirt just for this game or just something that's sort of velcroed on and can be removed afterwards - just curious?
Please tell us Rob how will it work?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:21   #11

It'll probably be a one-off shirt, specially made, with a Fifa07 logo in the place of the Fraser Eagle one.

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:30   #12
rob

the shirt for saturday is a one off shirt with the fifa logo on the front. keep an eye out for ebay auctions next week :-)

despite allegations to the contrary the fifa07 deal was only signed and sealed this week, and although the fifa07 logos were added to the shirts in anticipation of this for the chester game, even this was done at the last minute with poor lee, karen and anthony staying behind well into the night to get them done.

we will shortly have eafifa07 logos in the store for the back of the shirts for those that want them, though there will be a small charge for this to cover the cost of the transfer.

rob
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:05   #13
I am Banned

How much of the cost is it going to be for tranfer costs Rob?

To be fair on the fans technically the sponsor should be on the shirts before sale & after speaking to other fans they find this rather bemusing as to the lateness of the deal, so the shirts already sold isn't exactly a replica & the unfairness that the 'updated' shirts will have all the sponsors on when they are sold at £40, yet those of us whom have already spent £40 on the slight incomplete shirt are paying a bit more - its a bit of a cheek - plus the inconvienience of having to go back to club store with your shirt.

I know its your 1st season in the league but the fact is that club hasn't prepared itself properly isn't the responsiblity of the fans whom are paying customers & supporters - already out of pocket with this shirt mix up, it might not sound a lot to the club but matters a deal to the paying public & isn't creating a good impression, especially with the local competition for revenue.

As much as i sound like im having a go im not, im giving you customer service feedback as would do with any retailer or service provider - it just seems that the club doesn't appreciate & is above it.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 13:40   #14
rob

the transfer will cost no more than £2, and is the same principle as the coca-cola badges on the sleeves.

the lateness of the deal was nothing to do with the club not being prepared for the start of the season, it just so happened that we were approached as the season was about to start. we have no sponsor on the shorts at present but that isn't to say that we won't have one before the end of the season, in fact i will be disappointed if we don't.

customer service feedback is always welcome either on here, by email, phone or in person...
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 14:11   #15

Im getting the Coke thingys, but not FIFA on the back because:
1. I want to wear my shirt for more then one season, and wearing FIFA 07 in 2008 will loook silly.

2. I dont think it looks particulary good anyway.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..