Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2007, 19:15   #1
Junior Member+

First away game

And we lost gutted, bad game, bad (in my opinion) reffereing,and a bad result for us. But still credit where credit is due the best team on the day won, and i enjoyed going to your place was a good experience. Anmd well done to all the accy fans that where behind the other goal you where great singers, and good look to you i think you will stay up.

www.piczo.com/msba
Ash_gtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2007, 19:24   #2

Re: First away game

Thanks Ash.

e: [email protected]
w: accrington.vitalfootball.co.uk
VitalStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 20:20   #3
Senior Member+

Thanks for the compliments! However the ref wasnt that bad, he was quite good in my opinion. I think thats a lame excuse however you did play alright its just stanley played excellent! The stanley fans where very loud and the weather wasnt that bad either!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 20:26   #4
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Thanks for the compliments! However the ref wasnt that bad, he was quite good in my opinion. I think thats a lame excuse however you did play alright its just stanley played excellent! The stanley fans where very loud and the weather wasnt that bad either!
na i didn't want to say the ref was bad as an excuse and im not saying your penelty wasn't a penelty because i couldn't see from where i was stood. but he didn't let the game flow at all and he was giving out needless free kicks for the slightest contact for both grimsby and accy.

www.piczo.com/msba
Old 14-04-2007, 20:30   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_gtfc View Post
na i didn't want to say the ref was bad as an excuse

Won't be the first time it's been used on here
Old 14-04-2007, 20:36   #6
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

After Mondays joke of a ref at Hartlepool I thought todays man with the cards was a star, I suppose what goes around comes around so they say but I always thought that saying was a load of bullocks because all refs are jokers.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 20:38   #7
God Member

Perhaps it was my rate the ref in advance thread that did it, gets the slagging off out of the system before the game so he has a good one
Old 14-04-2007, 20:40   #8
Junior Member+

He was crap enough to not give you a second penelty tho because Danny Boshell one of our players clearly hand balled it in the penelty area and the ref didn't even see it.
(sorry had to edit it put swearing in by accident)

www.piczo.com/msba
Old 14-04-2007, 20:44   #9
Senior Member+

o well we still won 4-1 , we would of just put more embarssment on you with 5! Where not that mean

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 22:55   #10

What I find funny is that the Grimbsy fans/players seemed to be complaining about a lot of things apart from the foul on the goalie just before the penalty was given. If that had been spotted it could have been a very different story, still we've had enough bad decisions go agaisnt us to have one our way for once.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..