Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 11:46   #1
Junior Member+

First trip to Stanley

Hello there Everton fan in peace, me and a few mates are currently in Uclan and doing a tour of as many north west grounds as possible and your humble abode is next on our list, Could you recomend the best stand to watch the match in for some neutrals? also any decent friendly pubs selling real ale and cider (one of us is southern, dont hold it against him) preferably close to the ground.
Finally can you pay on the gate? or will we need to buy tickets in advance? were coming to watch the Plymouth game.
cheers, Brim
BlueBrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-02-2012, 12:14   #2
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: First trip to Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBrim View Post
Hello there Everton fan in peace, me and a few mates are currently in Uclan and doing a tour of as many north west grounds as possible and your humble abode is next on our list, Could you recomend the best stand to watch the match in for some neutrals? also any decent friendly pubs selling real ale and cider (one of us is southern, dont hold it against him) preferably close to the ground.
Finally can you pay on the gate? or will we need to buy tickets in advance? were coming to watch the Plymouth game.
cheers, Brim
Welcome BlueBrim I would say the main stand, which is a seated area is the best place to watch the game,but if you like to stand then it has to be the clayton end which is the home end behind the goal. A couple of links for you Welcome to the Accrington Stanley Box Office - Home you may have to register for this service thou! or you can pay on the gate all depends on our results leading up to the game... and commercial Crown inn which is owned by the club,the crown ground is less than 50yrs away at the back of the pub club visiting fans..hope this helps
Old 05-02-2012, 12:24   #3
God Member

Smile Re: First trip to Stanley

Clayton End is the place to be, great atmos and standing to watch footy is ace, also please - whichever stand you go in - sport your clubs colours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the ride....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:27   #4
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Welcome BlueBrim I would say the main stand, which is a seated area is the best place to watch the game,but if you like to stand then it has to be the clayton end which is the home end behind the goal. A couple of links for you Welcome to the Accrington Stanley Box Office - Home you may have to register for this service thou! or you can pay on the gate all depends on our results leading up to the game... and commercial Crown inn which is owned by the club,the crown ground is less than 50yrs away at the back of the pub club visiting fans..hope this helps
Cheers for this buddy! i expect that the best place for atmopshere would be behind the goal end? what can we expect to see from stanley? good passing football or the 'long ball' game?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:28   #5
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Clayton End is the place to be, great atmos and standing to watch footy is ace, also please - whichever stand you go in - sport your clubs colours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the ride....
any reason why?
Old 05-02-2012, 14:00   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Should imagine cos "All" fans are made welcome,that pop along fer the game. Normally yeh will see a passing game from our lads, The opposition is in the lap of the gods, Plymouth though used to play a passing game, aint seen em fer a while though.
Old 05-02-2012, 14:11   #7
God Member

Smile Re: First trip to Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBrim View Post
any reason why?
What Cashy says

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 14:31   #8
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Should imagine cos "All" fans are made welcome,that pop along fer the game. Normally yeh will see a passing game from our lads, The opposition is in the lap of the gods, Plymouth though used to play a passing game, aint seen em fer a while though.
well thats a plus! long ball football bores the hell outta me! although im going as a neutral i'll always prefer to see a stanley win ! any decent pubs on the way to the ground from the station?
Old 05-02-2012, 14:36   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Grey Horse, is maybe were Plymouth fans will be, Oaklea across the road is were we go, Crown is next to ground all also welcome in yon.
Old 05-02-2012, 14:40   #10
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Grey Horse, is maybe were Plymouth fans will be, Oaklea across the road is were we go, Crown is next to ground all also welcome in yon.
alright cheers buddy!
Old 05-02-2012, 15:56   #11
Full Member+

Always wear your own club shirt with pride.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 16:00   #12
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Always wear your own club shirt with pride.
i do sir! and will do at your humble abode, cheers for the info fella's!
Old 05-02-2012, 20:27   #13

Bluerim,
As an Oxford fan looking forward to his second trip to Accrington Stanley, I have to say it's possibly the friendliest ground in the league.
The Crown is a good pub & your cider drinking pal will be happy as they are keen to accomodate the number of cider drinkers travelling up from Oxford.
Hopefully I'll see you in the Crown, if so, I'll say hello.
Oxford Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 20:56   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxford Vulcan View Post
Bluerim,
As an Oxford fan looking forward to his second trip to Accrington Stanley, I have to say it's possibly the friendliest ground in the league.
The Crown is a good pub & your cider drinking pal will be happy as they are keen to accomodate the number of cider drinkers travelling up from Oxford.
Why mate are yeh staying on fer the Plymouth Game?
Old 05-02-2012, 22:41   #15
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxford Vulcan View Post
Bluerim,
as the other fella put, unless your staying for the plymouth game i wont see you! but thank you for the info given we'd actually pencilled in the oxford game a few weeks back to go to the crown ground but had to change it sadly, but anyway enjoy your day out mate! i'll have a pint in the crown for ya ....or 2!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..