Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2013, 20:09   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Fleetwood thread

Just viewed the goals and to be fair the first was a great ball and even better finish,the second we lost possession(Bocco) on the half way line and were done with a early thro ball before we could react,the last,although a decent cross and flick,the keeper will have nightmares at getting beaten at the near post from six yards out and nearly on the bye line .
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2013, 20:23   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be honest i'm a Boco fan, but fail to grasp how he got MoM, when to my mind the second goal really did us up like a kipper.
Old 13-03-2013, 20:35   #93
Senior Member+

To be fair cashy he showed a lot of effort,not everything came off,but I don't mind that.Thought Liddle had a great game,but the defence splitting pass was from his man ( brown),cutting inside for the first goal.
Toss up between those two for me
Old 13-03-2013, 20:41   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Liddle n Hunt to me were 2 that came out of that wi any credit. i would have edged liddle, Boco had a great move n shot in second half which probably got him the award? but fer my money the 2nd goal destroyed us n i think probably heads dropped n cost the match.
Old 13-03-2013, 20:50   #95
Senior Member+

Forgot about Hunt !, I think I just accept he's going to have a good game.Can I change my mind lol
Old 13-03-2013, 21:01   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The first goal was a great through ball n great goal, no question, but i question were the marking was?
Old 13-03-2013, 21:29   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The difference between being a class apart and being washed up was made visible by the opposite strike forces. Jon Parkin was the best player on the park. Beattie & Jeffers were embarrassing.

View From The Cow Shed: The Dark Night: Fleetwood's Revenge
This Fleetwood Blog is one of your best Shaker.....Hope that everyone concerned with and about Stanley's future finds a minute or two to read it !!,,
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 06:31   #98
Senior Member+

Shakers views,as always,are spot on.To be fair cashy,on the night,my first reaction was it was crap defending,but after viewing it you have to give credit to the ball and Parkin .
Just before the ballis passed,you would be happy with the line and positions of the back four,but with a drop of the shoulder he pulled off deano and he knew he couldn't take a touch and passed/volleyed into the far corner whilst facing away from goal--credit were credits due.
If you were being really critical,maybe hunt and deans gap could have been tighter,
Old 14-03-2013, 06:38   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Fair enough i aint seen any replays.
Old 14-03-2013, 09:05   #100
Senior Member+

Dean Winnard had one of the worst performances in a stanley shirt ive seen. He couldnt mark, he looked clumsy, he couldnt pass the ball, he couldnt find feet! Hes extrememly unreliable!! Id rather have his pace as a winger! Should of stuck Murphy there , least he looks comfortable!

Funniest bit of Deans performance was when in the box he needed to clear it out and instead of using his left foot to just hoof it clear he liked toe popped it out over the cowshed.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:13   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Liddle n Hunt to me were 2 that came out of that wi any credit. i would have edged liddle, Boco had a great move n shot in second half which probably got him the award? but fer my money the 2nd goal destroyed us n i think probably heads dropped n cost the match.

And this was the factor that really annoyed me the most Cashy !!...This was literally a make or break match...the players must have known this but were unable to sustain their belief, concentration and sheer determination to the final whistle !!.
This situation always tends to make me question the personal qualities of an individual be they Footballer, Manager...or whatever !. On Tuesday night many did not measure up to the task, and like you
and many others my disappointment went very deep indeed.

So for Saturday I would ask that the players question their motivation for being at the Stadium in the first place( Hope they get their wages too !!)....and that they might still have enough reserves of guts and desire to win remaining in their respective lockers.

ps. I strongly echo the sanity in The Red Darreners plea for the services of a Sports Psychologist to be garnered on behalf of the Club...because some Heads certainly need sorting out !!

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 11:50   #102
Senior Member+

FC wasn't going to reply to your comments,but here goes, your probably closer to the club than I am,so will be aware that deans ankle has only 50% mobility,indeed he can't train on AstroTurf.You will also be aware that he spent last week at fa in burton,trying to get to the bottom of it.
He's not been 100% fit for nearly two years,but you probably are aware of that as well.
To compound that he turned the same ankle in the first minute,right in front of the cow shed,presume you saw that as well.
I fully expected him to come off,but chose to stay on ( he will tell you his reasons ).
Getting back to facts,he's marked four of the leagues top scorers recently,all have failed to net.
Saying all that,despite playing on one leg,he was crap !!!.
From a positive angle he couldn't walk yesterday,so you may get your wish
Old 14-03-2013, 12:14   #103
Junior Member+

Was more of an observation rather than something worthy of commenting on. However as you asked. It wasn't lost on SamF, yonmon or lancsdave. Neither hat-tricksters are fat, except maybe on a BMI chart. Google Akinfenwa images with his shirt off. what better way to silence your critics than to let your boots do the talking. Perhaps it made them more determined. As you can see by our respective number of posts I have other things to occupy my time and consider this matter closed.
Mr Whippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 12:26   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
FC wasn't going to reply to your comments,but here goes, your probably closer to the club than I am,so will be aware that deans ankle has only 50% mobility,indeed he can't train on AstroTurf.You will also be aware that he spent last week at fa in burton,trying to get to the bottom of it.
He's not been 100% fit for nearly two years,but you probably are aware of that as well.
To compound that he turned the same ankle in the first minute,right in front of the cow shed,presume you saw that as well.
I fully expected him to come off,but chose to stay on ( he will tell you his reasons ).
Getting back to facts,he's marked four of the leagues top scorers recently,all have failed to net.
Saying all that,despite playing on one leg,he was crap !!!.
From a positive angle he couldn't walk yesterday,so you may get your wish
So in conclusion:
  • Hes not 100% FIT
  • He has 50% mobility in his ankle
  • Cant train with the lads on the astro turf
  • Spent last week all the way at Burton trying to find out the problem thus not training with the team
  • Not been fully right for 2 years
So the conclusion is its all Leams fault for playing a crock in one of the most important games of this season! If all that is true that you have just said then why would any football league manager play that kind of player who is in that condition AND play him as captain! I cant be the only one when reading this about Dean Winnard is thinking is Leam Richardson on another planet!

On another note, if Dean knows hes buggered himself then he should of just come off. Not carry on and cost the team goals.

This club and management is a joke at the minute, it really is.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 12:27   #105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Whippy View Post
Was more of an observation rather than something worthy of commenting on. However as you asked. It wasn't lost on SamF, yonmon or lancsdave. Neither hat-tricksters are fat, except maybe on a BMI chart. Google Akinfenwa images with his shirt off. what better way to silence your critics than to let your boots do the talking. Perhaps it made them more determined. As you can see by our respective number of posts I have other things to occupy my time and consider this matter closed.
Well as yeh mentioned respective posts, can only be surprised n honoured yeh had time to come on here n close the matter.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..