Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2014, 17:07   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Fleetwood Town Match Thread......

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
And why oh why do we always have to climb a mountain by conceding first !
We didn't last time out! I must agree it always seems to happen when we are away though.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2014, 18:26   #32

Quote:
No passion, Not interested, Abysmal Football, Bad Tactics. All in all very terrible from James Beattie and his team also!

With some cheeky wins Beattie keeps getting he's slipping under the radar but some of his tactics and subs are terrible! It's always like 2 steps forward and then 3 back! And why oh why do we always have to climb a mountain by conceding first !
Totally agree with everything said above.

For those that wernt there today, we were dreadful, from the team selection (again) to the final whistle: woeful defending, nothing going forward, baffling substitutions, absolutely embarrassing.

Would love Dan to actually ask some meaningful questions in his JB interview like
Why is Richardson suddenly 1st choice?
Why was hunt replaced with a lad totally out of his depth when we were 1-0 down (and could have been loads more)?
Why were hatfield (remember him?) and mccarten (zero goals this season) preferred to Webber and Gray when we were chasing the game?
Why did we end the match with 5 centre midfield players on the field when we needed goals?

Really frustrated after today, its easy to be a manager when the luck is going for u and the lads are full of confidence but we really need more considered decisions from our management team - they need to learn quickly
Redraine, fc:stanley and smobile like this.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 18:39   #33
Senior Member+

Sums it up Frank perfectly!! Really agree on the questions!! Let's put a player like Richardson right out of his depth already in midfielder at right back!?
Redraine likes this.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 19:29   #34
Senior Member+

One defeat in four, away to a team in the play-off places, and here we go again

Why would anybody want to be a manager
AccyMad, cashman, carpon and 2 others like this.
Old 01-01-2014, 19:33   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
One defeat in four, away to a team in the play-off places, and here we go again

Why would anybody want to be a manager
Yes, but Beattie's recent selections and substitutions really do defy all reason. No good asking Dan to put the hard questions as he is a master at serving up dollies for JB to return serve!
smudgie likes this.
Old 01-01-2014, 20:06   #36
Senior Member+

I was there.......but can't comment........too upset!!!!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 20:17   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I was there.......but can't comment........too upset!!!!!
Why didn't you reply to my text re. Richardson? Would it not have passed the censor?
Old 01-01-2014, 20:31   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Yes, but Beattie's recent selections and substitutions really do defy all reason. No good asking Dan to put the hard questions as he is a master at serving up dollies for JB to return serve!
Didn't find much wrong with his substitutions at Mansfield!!!
cashman likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:26   #39
Senior Member+

Perhaps the most worrying aspect of yesterday's visit, apart from the fact that a Gentleman Steward found my serious request for a return of my admission money slightly amusing, was the fact that what we witnessed from the whole Team sent out one clear signal, that being RELEGATION AHOY !.
The whole performance was worse than any produced by any League 2 Team which I have seen so far this season and given the fact that we are hovering just above the relegation places with all those around us apparently attempting to reverse their 2013 efforts this situation does not bode well for The Reds !.
As the Red's handed an easily-acquired New Year present to 'the Fishy Ones', one voice in the crowd surrounding me summed up the afternoon as he yelled ' Come on Stanley...give us something to shout about !'. Unfortunately they didn't !!.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:28   #40
God Member

Could be worse we could play that music after each goal!!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:02   #41
Full Member+

I can sum the game up in one word , PATHETIC. Fleetwood wanted the win more than us and it shown. Rather embarassing to watch , knowing we can and usually do play much better. In my eyes Michael Liddle was the only player who put some effort into it. Shame , I just hope they can pick their selves up , dust themselves down and get on with our much improved performance , hope yesterday was a blip.Lets put it behind us now , and cheer the lads on.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:42   #42
Senior Member+

Yes Dawber is young but apparently a professional keeper , if so , he needs to practise his kicking! Lost count of how many he blundered! Slightly embarrassing for the fans and the team!

Suppose we can have Bavs back in the net.... Oh ....

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:48   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Yes Dawber is young but apparently a professional keeper , if so , he needs to practise his kicking! Lost count of how many he blundered! Slightly embarrassing for the fans and the team!

Suppose we can have Bavs back in the net.... Oh ....
Well the one who was training him wasn't the best kicker in the world, never noticed yeh ever commenting on that fact in the past?
sparkie likes this.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:52   #44
Full Member+

to be fair , the wind played a large part , both keepers sent balls adrift .
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:52   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
to be fair ...........
A rare event on this board

In case someone misses the smiley
yonmon and Greeny like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..