Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2006, 14:25   #1
Junior Member+

Forest Green

How do you think your team will get on against a go ahead club like Forest Green.Any chance of getting one over on Accy.
Downwego Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2006, 14:39   #2
God Member

Re: Forest Green

erm. no, not really.
but much stranger things have happened!!
if we play against youse like against york then prepare for a thrashing!
...but then again if the team that plays southport turns up then you've got a good chance to get a result (i doubt that team will ever grace a pitch again though!)
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2006, 08:37   #3
Junior Member+

Agree with you mate.But I am an outsider and I really would like Accrington to give this Forest mob a good wacking.Look at their forum its full of whining bumpkin dics.Most of their players are no marks so it should be a pushover.All the best it really will be excellent to see Accy back in the real league next season.

Bristol City fan.......
Old 30-03-2006, 11:13   #4

Bristol City fan eh!!! you best be with us next season when we give Bristol Rovers a tubbing!!!
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2006, 08:47   #5
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanerlee
Bristol City fan eh!!! you best be with us next season when we give Bristol Rovers a tubbing!!!

Yes no problems there.We will be giving you total support,may increase the attendance at the game against the sags heads, whenever that might be.
Never know might even watch Accy stuff the other useless crowd forest green.The forest lot certainly are a club that should be relegated to make way for a decent club.This mob seem to stay in the Nationwide Con league by the skin of their teeth or default.
All the best to you and Accrington Stanley.Celebrate in Style!!!!
Old 31-03-2006, 15:54   #6

Personally, I admire clubs like FGR who manage to compete at a higher level than might be expected with their limited resources. All we've ever got at The Lawn to date are cuppas and `nil points`. In our winning run of home games earlier in the season we had to battle hard for the points (2-0) against them. If anyone's expecting we'll thrash them I'd say think again.
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2006, 17:33   #7
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Forest Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualtrough
Personally, I admire clubs like FGR who manage to compete at a higher level than might be expected with their limited resources. All we've ever got at The Lawn to date are cuppas and `nil points`. In our winning run of home games earlier in the season we had to battle hard for the points (2-0) against them. If anyone's expecting we'll thrash them I'd say think again.

One nil will do nicely!
Old 31-03-2006, 17:40   #8

They also have some great and friendly fans. The bar staff, less so...

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..