Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2013, 17:47   #1

Friday night footy

According to the ever reliable Lancashire telegraph, we may hold more Friday night matches next season. The justification is that we pulled a decent crowd for a game v Morecambe last season.

So a big crowd for a local Derby equals another big crowd for the visit of e.g Dagenham and Redbridge?
Sounds a bit spurious to me. Fridays would be a bit trickier for me than Saturdays although I'm happy try anything out to get the numbers up.
What do the rest of you think?
shadsworthcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-06-2013, 17:51   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Friday night footy

Personally prefer night games, but i'm retired, when working woulda been hard work to get on, Think if stanley "Carefully" pick the games though, would/should provide decent revenue.?
Old 17-06-2013, 17:59   #3
Full Member+

I like the Friday night games. Though i think the slight increase in gate receipts will be swallowed up by the power bill for the floodlights!
cashman likes this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 18:04   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
I like the Friday night games. Though i think the slight increase in gate receipts will be swallowed up by the power bill for the floodlights!
Good Point, it does need proper evaluation.
Old 17-06-2013, 18:06   #5

if so maybe they should tell season ticket holders this before you buy, has not all stanley supporters live in accy or close by
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 18:12   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
if so maybe they should tell season ticket holders this before you buy, has not all stanley supporters live in accy or close by
Or if someone who has already bought cannot manage attendance fer whatever reason "Work" or "Distance" then only fair to offer refunds.
Old 17-06-2013, 19:21   #7

There is absolutely no way the club - or any club for that matter - will offer refunds on season tickets on the basis that kick off times/dates are inconvenient.

Someone I know has a season ticket for Manchester United and has to agree to buy tickets for all cup matches as well. If they get good cup runs in the league cup, fa cup and champions league that can cost more than the original season ticket.
Ok, hardly likely to be a problem for us......
Old 17-06-2013, 19:31   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadsworthcloud View Post
There is absolutely no way the club - or any club for that matter - will offer refunds on season tickets on the basis that kick off times/dates are inconvenient.
O.K.show me a rule that says that? People bought season tickets without any prior knowledge, that this was going to be the case. in other words "In Good Faith"
Old 17-06-2013, 20:43   #9
Junior Member+

Quote:
Sounds a bit spurious to me. Fridays would be a bit trickier for me than Saturdays although I'm happy try anything out to get the numbers up.
The only way to get numbers up would be to offer a £50 season ticket to people who already have one at Rovers/Burnley.
jenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 20:56   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglish View Post
The only way to get numbers up would be to offer a £50 season ticket to people who already have one at Rovers/Burnley.
yeah. Why not give a discount to other team's supporters while charging full whack to Stanley supporters? How to win friends and influence people.
Old 17-06-2013, 21:03   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
O.K.show me a rule that says that? People bought season tickets without any prior knowledge, that this was going to be the case. in other words "In Good Faith"
And that is what a season ticket is. Many people buy season tickets not even knowing what league the team are in. Never mind who opponents are or what dates the matches are or what time is kick off or who plays left-back or who the manager is.
Some people bought season tickets last year on the basis they would be watching Paul cook' s team. Should they get a refund? Or be charged extra?

Buying a season ticket is to watch the team all season. If you can't face that level of commitment, just pay game to game. It's unlikely to be an issue at t'crown.
Old 17-06-2013, 21:18   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
And that is what a season ticket is. Many people buy season tickets not even knowing what league the team are in. Never mind who opponents are or what dates the matches are or what time is kick off or who plays left-back or who the manager is.
Some people bought season tickets last year on the basis they would be watching Paul cook' s team. Should they get a refund? Or be charged extra?

Buying a season ticket is to watch the team all season. If you can't face that level of commitment, just pay game to game. It's unlikely to be an issue at t'crown.
I buy me season ticket not bothered what league or when matches will be, but easy fer me i'm retired, some who have to work fer a living, may well expect matches played on sat in the main. as that is normal usually in lower divisions, are yeh saying those people are not commited? The lower leagues are not controlled by Sky,like the Premier.
Old 17-06-2013, 21:29   #13
bdc

Don't really see any major issues with having an odd Friday night kick off, it will bring much needed extra income into the coffers and increase crowds.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 21:32   #14
Senior Member+

Although I am one of the longer distance supporters, I don't mind Friday night games even though it costs me a bit extra. What is important, though, is to plan and announce these early enough in the season then suitable travel and domestic arrangements can be made.
AccyMad likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 21:36   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Don't really see any major issues with having an odd Friday night kick off, it will bring much needed extra income into the coffers and increase crowds.
I agree, don't see meself, just thinking of those who work shifts etc. in fact i said i prefer night games meself. but ive been educated to consider other people.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..