Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2017, 21:39   #61

Re: From Parker's Piece Cambridge to Wham Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
The boy Rodgers had a great game tonight. The defence is so solid.
Matty P still lost in midfield. The difference between him and Noor is vast. I really rate our new midfield general.
I really enjoyed the second half - got a bit bored during the first.
we deserved 3 points.
We concur Milord!
Thought tonight was a real 'team' performance & everyone played their part.
Harvey Rodgers put in a real shift, making last minute tackles & heading more balls than both teams combined.
McCarten & Clark were again outstanding, terrorising the opposition defence.
The whole defence, including Chapman, were superb & super Sean chipped in with the vital opener.
Billy Kee gave his usual unselfish 100% for the team.
But one player who I feel deserves special mention is Noor Husin. He went about his allotted midfield task in a quiet, professional manner,
making some important interceptions & even better killer passes to the forwards.
Who knows how far this momentum will carry us?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2017, 21:43   #62
Senior Member+

I know it's personal but made up for Jordan Clark. Some loon was saying get shut a few weeks ago - madness.
Just needs to add a few goals and Accy have a gem on their hands.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 21:46   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I know it's personal but made up for Jordan Clark. Some loon was saying get shut a few weeks ago - madness.
Just needs to add a few goals and Accy have a gem on their hands.
Agree 100% a gem is that lad.
choirboy likes this.
Old 28-03-2017, 21:46   #64

Well what a great advert for League 2 football that was. Both teams getting the ball down and passing it. Probably one of the best performances I've seen from ALL the Stanley players out there tonight. Difficult to single anyone out so I'm not going to. Anybody criticising any of the players must have been watching a different game to me, we were terrific!!!!!!!We played some fantastic football, one touch passes, great movement, brilliant performance.

I must applaud the Cambridge team who never gave up and kept trying to play football and create chances right up until the end.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 21:46   #65
Senior Member+

A well earned three points tonight.
After a difficult start for both teams in the pouring rain we then started to take control and scored a deserved goal on 19 minutes in front of the Clayton End!On nineteen minutes after some good attacking play Clarke got the ball about eight yards out and held on to it superbly, trying to find a shot, then he laid it on a plate for Sean Mac to power the ball into the net. We only looked at risk an odd time when Omar was just being a bit too casual on the ball in the greasy underfoot conditions. Gradually we took charge of the match and started to play our trademark passing game. Billy was winning a lot in the air in spite of the usual physical treatment he was getting from the Cambridge centre backs. Shay was playing full of confidence and he was driving at their defence constantly with a hunger for goals! On the balance of play we probably deserved to be two up at half time.
The game continued in the second half in similar fashion and Clarke was doing some great things down the wings interplaying triangular passing movements with Billy and Shay to good effect. Cambridge made three substitutions more or less simultaneously and they became quite physical in their efforts to get back into the match. I thought that the referee had done quite well up to this point but he let a few things go that he should have dealt with. The game could have boiled over at this time but Stanley's calmness and coolness, exemplified by a masterful performance by Hughes at the back, kept us well on top and we coped really well.
Harvey Rodgers was a having a tremendous second half too and his ability to 'Watch the Ball' and time his tackles was just superb. It was certainly a good lesson for all youngsters in how to play at full back! He was also marauding forward in the lovely passing sequences that we were creating.
The second goal was a peach! Billy collected the ball forty yards out and played a super diagonal pass for Shay to run onto and into the penalty box before slotting it into the net across the advancing keeper. Well deserved as Shay had another cracking game tonight!
All the Stanley players played well tonight and although Coley did not use any subs you can see how he is just happy to keep the eleven playing so sweetly.
I think it was a close call between Shay and Harvey for the MOM award but Shay was given it over the Tannoy tonight.
At times tonight our football was scintillating and a joy to watch!
ONWARD AND UPWARD
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 21:48   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Husin for me is much better midfielder than some who aint playing at the moment imho.
DAV007 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 28-03-2017, 23:11   #67

Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 07:47   #68
God Member

much better than last saturday for me. great team performance and there should have been 11 men of the match. for me jordan clarke had his best game for us. funny how we seem to have got better since o.sullivan departed. coincidence or what.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 08:04   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
much better than last saturday for me. great team performance and there should have been 11 men of the match. for me jordan clarke had his best game for us. funny how we seem to have got better since o.sullivan departed. coincidence or what.
Have to say i thought Grimsby were a much better side than Cambridge?
Old 29-03-2017, 08:56   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to say i thought Grimsby were a much better side than Cambridge?
i was thinking about the stanley performance. thought a few didn,t really get going on saturday unlike last night. might just have been me but was glad when saturdays game was over.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 09:34   #71
Senior Member+

The Rollercoaster, a ride which thrilled me week after week is,or so it would appear, totally redundant and out of operation!.
Why ?..because our team is so predictable !. One leaves the ground after a game, having watched for the umpteenth time the Reds remaining unbeaten. One notices the sea of despondent faces of the visiting team's fans heading towards their transport and thinks, whilst stifling a yawn...how predictable is this !.
One reads the heaps of glowing praise on our Forum, and apart from a few tongue in cheek posts regarding the quality of Pies, with not a 'sack Coley' bleat to be seen anywhere, the thought 'how predictable' springs to mind once again !.
STANLEY you are so predictable !!
And I for one just love it !!.
AccyMad and choirboy like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 09:52   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i was thinking about the stanley performance. thought a few didn,t really get going on saturday unlike last night. might just have been me but was glad when saturdays game was over.
Oh agree 2 or 3 certainly weren't at the races sat, but have to say i enjoyed sats game, was 2 good sides i thought, and grimsby made it much harder fer us than yon lot last night i thought,
Old 29-03-2017, 11:18   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Oh agree 2 or 3 certainly weren't at the races sat, but have to say i enjoyed sats game, was 2 good sides i thought, and grimsby made it much harder fer us than yon lot last night i thought,
You are right old friend !...Grimsby were ,in my opinion, perhaps one of the best teams we have seen this season and the Reds handled them well. Was a draw a fair result?, maybe not but it was a hard earned point I think !.
cashman likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 12:05   #74
Full Member+

Can only describe last nights match in one word M A G I C !!!!
cashman likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 12:37   #75
Senior Member+

Really enjoyed the game and the weather gave the passing plenty of zip.
Cambridge are a decent team but Acci were on their game and thoroughly deserved the three points.
What a player Harvey is turning into,must admit i was on the fence whether he needed to "fill out"a little for league two football,but thats been put to bed !!
Ticks all the boxes and he will move up the divisions if he stays clear of injuries.
Billy seems to have rediscovered his appetite for the game and put a real shift in.
Must admit i am going against a few posters,but i have been impressed how Matty has coped with playing in midfield after only a couple of games.
He played a massive part in pinning them back for large periods of the game and was a threat when he sprung forward ( instrumental in the first goal).
Indeed,he was inches away from scoring a third.
The balance of the team looked good,but the captain has to come back into the side at the weekend,hes simply one of our best players
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..