Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2014, 13:01   #76
God Member

Re: Game off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
(1) We have a bigger squad this season from an increased playing budget. That is when your manager is given more money to recruit players than he had in the previous season.

(2) We are developing our own training ground and facilities at a base within Morecambe. The drainage work was done last Summer and passed Kevin's test !

(3) Our Chairman who spends more time in China than England expects us to be selling more Morecambe FC replica kit in China than here within a few years.

(4) Plans are being drawn up and price estimates sought for an extension at the rear of the home terrace.

(5) We have never been in the High court to fight any winding up orders for none payment of P.A.Y.E. etc.

(6) We have covers for the entire playing surface for helping to keep the frost away.

Listening to Coley on the Radio on Sunday it sounded like paying your players their December salaries might be difficult after the Burton postponement and the loss of around £6k which Burton fans would have brought.
Bully for you maybe one day we might get a sugar daddy won,t make us bigger or better than anyone else though arse hole.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2014, 13:34   #77
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Bully for you maybe one day we might get a sugar daddy won,t make us bigger or better than anyone else though arse hole.
There's a difference between investment and a sugar daddy and there's no need for personal abuse.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 14:06   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
There's a difference between investment and a sugar daddy and there's no need for personal abuse.
Damn right there isn't.
Old 30-12-2014, 15:22   #79
Super Moderator

Gents;

Can we please keep this "healthy" debate civil!! Don't want to close the thread as some valid points are being made
andyd likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 15:25   #80
God Member

Thumbs up Re: Game off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Gents;

Can we please keep this "healthy" debate civil!! Don't want to close the thread as some valid points are being made
Totally agree Mr.T.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 15:31   #81
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Morecambe_Red;1127709]I went back to edit it and unless its done within 10 minutes one has to contact admin. !

Then for your own self dignity if nothing else why did you not contact the Administrator ?...
Therefore we must all conclude that your spelling, or your ability to check your posts for errors, particularly when making an unnecessary attempt to criticise another's slip of the finger, leaves much to be desired !.
On the other hand, and quoting Benjamin Franklin :-
" He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else ". This might go some way to explain the quality of your occasional posts and the thoughts expressed therein !.
andyd and Chubbyman like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 15:56   #82
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=yonmon;1127744]
Quote:
I went back to edit it and unless its done within 10 minutes one has to contact admin. !

Then for your own self dignity if nothing else why did you not contact the Administrator ?...
Therefore we must all conclude that your spelling, or your ability to check your posts for errors, particularly when making an unnecessary attempt to criticise another's slip of the finger, leaves much to be desired !.
On the other hand, and quoting Benjamin Franklin :-
" He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else ". This might go some way to explain the quality of your occasional posts and the thoughts expressed therein !.

In other words cross Yonmon at your peril !!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 17:40   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
In other words cross Yonmon at your peril !!!
Well perhaps - but while Yonmon's responses may be sharp, they are always polite and amusing, unlike many ..........
Old 30-12-2014, 17:56   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Well perhaps - but while Yonmon's responses may be sharp, they are always polite and amusing, unlike many ..........
Oh stop moaning chimer, its a football forum not a night school.
Old 30-12-2014, 18:14   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
This is exactly why I voted for you as Fan of the Year !...... What was the result of Dav's poll by the way ?

And a happy New Year to Morecambe Red ...... Sincerely !.
Old 30-12-2014, 18:15   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Quite right. Compared with some football forums I have seen, ours is a model of decorum.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 18:47   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Quite right. Compared with some football forums I have seen, ours is a model of decorum.
I once saw a model of Dacorum in Berkhampstead town hall.
Revived Red, yonmon and Chubbyman like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 19:01   #88
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Was that the one with 'er chebs out?
Redraine and yonmon like this.
Old 30-12-2014, 19:51   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Love it Exile !.....banter par excellence !.
Old 31-12-2014, 11:31   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Gents;

If my memory serves me right, this is an 100% unofficial stanley forum???

I remember signing up 10 years ago and the reason for it moving to accyweb from the fishy was that the club didn't want anything on the forum being officially associated with the club.

So why are members of club threatening to close threads???
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..