Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2010, 18:52   #61

Re: Get O'Neill Out - NOW

At the end of the day its the same old problem thats been covered up for years, Stanley does not generate enough income to support itself properly and relies on donations from people to keep afloat.

I'm grateful to Mr Khan for stepping in to help the club just as I'm as grateful to the people of Accrington for their fundraising efforts to keep the club alive, however without any reconstruction of the club or new revenue streams appearing its always going to be an uphill battle I'm afraid.

I'm amazed the team has done so well this season with all thats been going on and thats a credit to management team and players, well done.
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2010, 18:52   #62
bdc

Ilyas,

I think I understand what you are saying, it is quite apparent that the management side of the club has improved tenfold. I guess it goes back to the phrase that Rome wasn't built in a day and you could only improve things step by step. I do think that the main bulk of extra money to improve working capital can come from further commercial tweeks. The main sources being ground sponsorship and matchday sponsors.

One final question is would you be able to find when next season tickets prices will be released?

Many thanks for your feedback Ilyas, you have done a great job in keeping the club afloat and improving the behind the scenes management. Long may it continue!
Old 28-02-2010, 18:58   #63

Katie. Good evening. i hope this is not taking you away from your antiques roadshow ! thanks for your message. One quick thing - I am NOT happy with the current set up. These things are hard to explain face to face never mind on a bulletin board, but i think our current audience has now been through a few months of full and frank discussion, so i hope this is not going to be misunderstood.

After the salisbury game (and go back to see my posts if you have the time), I told you all that I wanted to look forward, not backwards, and that despite my clear and obvious differences of opinion with David O Neil, i felt it was important for the club to be united after such an awful few months. In this respect I wanted to ensure that I was true to my word, and that my actions matched my words. Thats why in the past week, when it woudl have been easy for me to simply point the other way, I must stand up and take responsibility for the oversight. My view (however) is that if I can ensure there is transparency, and that I can be available on this site to answer all qustions, then we can continue to move forward on this incredible journey.

One more thing. I fully appreciate that this board is not read by many beyond the hard core fans, and that we have only limited access. However, its a start, and since I made my commitment to be available for all questions to fans and the community, I think this is the best forum that i can think of.

Finally, Katie, just on DON etc on a personal basis, I really have avoided, and will continue to avoid personal comment. right now the club is foremost. I cant recall if you were at the recent shareholder meeting, but you will have seen at that time when the last petition was still fresh in our minds, I totally accepted responsibility. And now, with this recent screw up, Please do not blame DON but please blame me.

Ilyas
Old 28-02-2010, 19:03   #64

Shurm. good sunday evening to you. You r right to draw attention to Coley and the team. they are the real focus and teh real heroes. You should have seen Kempson on the ground at the end of the game. He really felt it, and his pain was real. with loyalty and commitment like that, no wonder we are doing so well.

BDC - i dont know about the timing for season tickets but if you can email or call Rob (do you know him well enough) he will tell you.
Old 28-02-2010, 19:08   #65
God Member

Ilyas

Could I suggest maybe a Fans Forum at the Club with yourself and the rest of the Board some time in the not too distant future as not everyone has access to the www

Give everyone a chance to ask questions?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Old 28-02-2010, 19:09   #66

thanks for the reply Ilyas

i was not blaming dave Ilyas but stating he is not the fans most favourite person within the club but he is in charge of the day to day running and calling him etc...will not change this

where i said you seem happy with the set up i meant in the sence you had asked the fans to allow time for the changes within the club,i would like to think if you thought people within the club should not be there and trusted you would say so and not ask the fans to allow time for the changes to take place

the club is the formost and that is why i said allow the club time to make changes and for these changes to work

like i said before rome wasnt built in a day

Last edited by katei77; 28-02-2010 at 19:11.
Old 28-02-2010, 19:12   #67

Pendle I think a fans forum/meeting is long overdue. with so many people working during the day, and with weekends being so precious, I wonder what would work. would it have to be an evening ? By the way I am going to be in Accy this thursday and could make time in the early evening after 5pm, but i woudl need to be away by 7.15pm. If people here think that works I will book a place (at the club).
Old 28-02-2010, 19:13   #68
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Evening Ilyas! may i start in saying thankyou for your openness when replying to posts on this forum..Q..On the subject of long turm funding for the club or (new funding) whats the feasibility using you banking knollage of creating a stanley bank or stanley building society or is this a non-starter
Old 28-02-2010, 19:14   #69

By the way, I dont want to make a separate thread on this, but the BBC are doing a special piece on Football Finance and will concentrate on ASFC. the programme is by Tony Livesey and apparently will air on Tuesday at approx 6.15pm. The bbc sent a camera man and TOny to the club on Friday and interviewed me. I dont think it will shed any new light on matters for people on this forum, but it will go to a wide audience, and hopefully continue the process of elevating ASFC in public profile.
Old 28-02-2010, 19:15   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
Pendle I think a fans forum/meeting is long overdue. with so many people working during the day, and with weekends being so precious, I wonder what would work. would it have to be an evening ? By the way I am going to be in Accy this thursday and could make time in the early evening after 5pm, but i woudl need to be away by 7.15pm. If people here think that works I will book a place (at the club).
Works for me Ilyas, maybe pre-draw up some questions, to save some time! Plus there is to be a shareholders meeting sometime this month, isn't there??

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 28-02-2010, 19:18   #71

MAB - what a great idea. Sadly, in this current regulatory environment it would not be possible to get a building society or similar organisation built under the auspices of ASFC. However your broader question of long term sustainability is very relevant. If and when we get to the point of a fans forum, I will elaborate, but for the purposes of this forum, the short answer is that it is entirely possible for asfc to be totally 100% self sustaining. the key is to get slightly better crowds (even 1000 more per game totally changes the economics). on top of that we need a ground sponsor and a few more game sponsors. these minor things all add up to the modest amount that is the difference between break even and constantly running behind schedule. i hope these rather obvious answers will help.
Old 28-02-2010, 19:20   #72

a fans forum meeting would allow people to air their views but IMHO for bigger things to take shape and action to be taken we have to wait till the end of season when everyone at club staff boardroom and fans will have the time to look at the bigger picture and plan for next season instead of going from one problem to another as we are now this season

yes plans should be in place to ensure the club runs and pays bills etc till the end of season but we are asking for a business,yes as much as we are a football club it is still a business to be overhauled over night and TBH this will not happen no matter who is in charge
Old 28-02-2010, 19:20   #73

Pendle, I will start a new thread on the meeting for thursday. thank you again for the idea. On the shareholder meeting, the accounts need to be adopted. ON friday i went across to pierces and met the new accounting partner. I dont know exactly when we will call the meeting, but i am really pleased that we have a top class firm now doing the accounts (ie credibility and much greater financial discipline)
Old 28-02-2010, 19:22   #74
Super Moderator

Thursday 5-till 7 will be OK for some

HOWEVER, we currently have a commitment to host a very senior match that evening:

Burnley FC v Everton FC in the FA Premier League (Reserve North)

Currently our standing within this organasion is very low; although IMHO we have some good reasons why BFC have only played 1 home game since September.

It's down to Google Page Ranking, attention to detail and the Accy weather!!

In order to host this match, the vast majority of our superb match day staff, will be working yet another shift!!
Old 28-02-2010, 19:28   #75

Mark, what time will that game start ?
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..