Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007, 10:20   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Graham Branch signs

Great signing! Can play anywhere according to my Burnley supporting mate at work. Not the quickest of players, though!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2007, 10:26   #17
Resting In Peace

Personally I would rather us sign an experienced centre half. Maybe that is to come. We had the worst defence in the league last season but we don't seem to have strengthened it, possibly weakened it with Antwi and Welchy leaving.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:30   #18
God Member

I would say my only dissapointment in the close season is not getting Antwi back.. But I don't think the club could have got him under any deal and I don't think it's there fault.. he had a seson with us. now a season at a higher club and maybe a season after that even higher.. he is destined for the top.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:18   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Personally I would rather us sign an experienced centre half. Maybe that is to come. We had the worst defence in the league last season but we don't seem to have strengthened it, possibly weakened it with Antwi and Welchy leaving.
Is Roberts not an experienced centre-half?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:51   #20
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Is Roberts not an experienced centre-half?
Do you call a 24 year old who has only played seven football league games (the last on in February 2006) an experienced centre half ? I don't.
My point is that we have lost two centre halves and a full back, we have replaced one centre half only. Last season we had the worst defencive record in the league, surely we should be concentrating on bolstering the defence, but time will tell, I hope Coley has an ace up his sleeve.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 13:09   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Great signing! Can play anywhere according to my Burnley supporting mate at work. Not the quickest of players, though!
From what I've been told he is quite quick for a big fella.....I remember a couple of years ago when he played for Burnley Res at the FES and scored an absolute belter! Hope for more of those this season. IMO very good signing, experienced, can play in every position, big and strong and knows where the goal is.

I'd say we need 3 more signings, an experienced centre half....(John Mcgreal??) he's available after his release from Burnley, a winger and another striker?
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 13:47   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Do you call a 24 year old who has only played seven football league games (the last on in February 2006) an experienced centre half ? I don't.
My point is that we have lost two centre halves and a full back, we have replaced one centre half only. Last season we had the worst defencive record in the league, surely we should be concentrating on bolstering the defence, but time will tell, I hope Coley has an ace up his sleeve.
I agree we need at least one more centre half - just thought you had forgotten about Roberts!
Old 10-07-2007, 13:53   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You wouldn't have said Antwi was an experienced centre half, either, but we all know how good he was. Has Coley unearthed another gem? I wouldn't bet against it!
Old 10-07-2007, 14:11   #24
Full Member+

Could turn out to be yet another astute signing by Coley. With the exception of a certain Mr Grant all the other vastly experienced players Coley has brought in have performed admirably. Onwards and upwards !
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 14:24   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Could turn out to be yet another astute signing by Coley. With the exception of a certain Mr Grant all the other vastly experienced players Coley has brought in have performed admirably. Onwards and upwards !
Wouldn't go that far, we did sign Gordon Armstrong you know

However signing Branch seems like good sense, we needed a left footed player & Branch can fill in many positions. Well done Coley.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 18:54   #26
God Member

A Good signing, will fill a variety of roles but is probably best suited to left wing, always gives 100% through the up's and downs a very good aquasition!!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 19:05   #27
God Member

who is the oldest player in this season squad at BUrnley?

will he be coming this time next year?
Old 10-07-2007, 19:10   #28
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
With the exception of a certain Mr Grant all the other vastly experienced players Coley has brought in have performed admirably.
Don't forget fat b*****d Alan Rogers

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 18:42   #29
Senior Member+

Don't know much about Branch, but it all became clear on Wikipedia, born Feb 12th, 1972 in.............Liverpool.

Didn't see that one coming.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:12   #30
God Member

Branch played left back in the first half last night and I thought did ok, he looks like he'll fit in just fine
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..