Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2006, 08:39   #1

Greetings from Downunder

News travels slow in Outback South Australia, so I have only just heard that Accrington Stanley are back in the Football League.
I grew up in England in the 60's and being a football fan I knew that Accrington Stanley had resigned from the league, but it's great to see them back.

I will be following your progress so all the best and good luck.

Please excuse my ignorance but I gather that you don't play on your old ground, so what happened to that, has it been redeveloped?

cheers Sydneyfox
sydneyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2006, 08:46   #2
God Member

Re: Greetings from Downunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyfox
News travels slow in Outback South Australia, so I have only just heard that Accrington Stanley are back in the Football League.
I grew up in England in the 60's and being a football fan I knew that Accrington Stanley had resigned from the league, but it's great to see them back.

I will be following your progress so all the best and good luck.

Please excuse my ignorance but I gather that you don't play on your old ground, so what happened to that, has it been redeveloped?

cheers Sydneyfox
Welcome to Accyweb,
The old ground is still there and its a schools pitch now, the new ground is the Fraser eagle stadium, behind the crown pub on Whalley Rd if you remember where that is (go to victoria hospital from the old ground and turn right)

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 09:12   #3

Hope this helps Sydneyfox

http://hem.passagen.se/accringtonsta...eBeginning.htm
PaulMullinsForehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 13:34   #4
God Member

greetings and a warm welcome to aacyweb.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..