Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2010, 16:51   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ground announcer?

is it just us owd farts or does this guy just mumble? none of us could decifer owt he said today on clayton end, also why no 50/50 draw announcement? its poor do summat about it please.
Old 20-02-2010, 16:54   #2
God Member

Re: ground announcer?

It sounded like a different fella today, wasn't the best was he. The 50/50 was announced at least three times though cashy.
Can't remember what it was, like!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 17:23   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

we never heard it, n asked a good few people on way back fer second half, thing is it must put folk off buying em,
Old 20-02-2010, 17:47   #4
Senior Member+

Can't have put too many people off, prize was £266. I head the number and it started with 113*** but just cannot remember the last 3 digits.
Personally though, I liked his choice of music (Planet Suite played before the match kicked off) just a pity he didn't read his programme for one of the Bradford subs - forgot the name. Oops

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 17:53   #5
Senior Member+

New P/A System is needed for the full ground I think.

Job number 26718 to do on the ground in the summer
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 18:07   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Can't have put too many people off, prize was £266. I head the number and it started with 113*** but just cannot remember the last 3 digits.
Personally though, I liked his choice of music (Planet Suite played before the match kicked off) just a pity he didn't read his programme for one of the Bradford subs - forgot the name. Oops
£266 aint that good,given todays gate, n the point is may put people off in future, if many that bought today never heard the number.
Old 20-02-2010, 18:13   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
New P/A System is needed for the full ground I think.

Job number 26718 to do on the ground in the summer
Mumbling is Mumbling smudgie a new P.A. wont improve todays announcer much.
Old 20-02-2010, 18:15   #8
Senior Member+

Do they sell the tickets to the away fans ?
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 18:16   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
Do they sell the tickets to the away fans ?
as far as i'm aware they do david. think n opposition director won it earlier this season.
Old 20-02-2010, 18:28   #10
Senior Member+

He was sat a few seats away from me in the main stand near the dug out . I think it maybe a missed opportunity , but they must just sell them to the stanley fans . which was just an average crowd from where i was sat today for Stanley fans
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 18:56   #11

50/50 were sold to the away fans to-day, as they were for the Fulham and Morecambe matches.

Fulham supporters were delighted that entry cost was so low that they were 'eager' to buy tickets hence the record pay-out of £700+.

The other two were 'locals' and financially in the same boat as us, but it did make a difference.

Without away end sales the average winnings are between £120 and £150. To-day was £200+.

The winning numbers, there was a second prize of a £10 gift voucher, were announced three times.

Sorry that you didn't hear them cashman, but they are posted in the Reception Office for all to see if there is a future problem where you are.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 19:53   #12
God Member

why dont they take the numbers round to the ultras and they can sing the numbers
Old 20-02-2010, 22:49   #13
God Member

Smile Re: ground announcer?

Today's winning number was 116320 and it was as stated above, £266.00, I got this from the club door, it was announced over tannoy, but it could have been 52XC£% for all the good it was, the tannoy is poor to say the least and it was a different guy, who was not as good. Well done again to all the ticket sellers, especially the new recruits, who are doing a FANtastic job at selling to away fans

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 01:48   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
why dont they take the numbers round to the ultras and they can sing the numbers
what a great idea i'm sure that jase and the crew could come up with a choice half time songs
Old 21-02-2010, 05:22   #15

Was stood in the Clayton End, as usual, and had no trouble hearing the draw being announced at half-time.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..