Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 10:54   #1

Half-Time Scores

A lot of people have been asking why I don't announce the half-time scores. Simple reason - I don't have them. Most people think that I am given them, and can't be bothered to read them out - TOTALLY WRONG!!!

Last week I brought a radio to the game, and tried to listen to the half-times, but I kept getting interrupted, so I gave it up as a bad job.

I fully appreciate that this is done at nearly all other clubs (as was pointed out to me last week), but if no-one lets me have the info, I can't make the announcements.

Sorry folks, but that's just how it is!!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 14:38   #2
God Member

Re: Half-Time Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannoy Man
I fully appreciate that this is done at nearly all other clubs (as was pointed out to me last week), but if no-one lets me have the info, I can't make the announcements.

Sorry folks, but that's just how it is!!!!
Why don't you just make 'em up...it's better than nowt and should provide some amusement (especially if its chucking it down and everyone is soaked through at the Clayton end)
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 15:04   #3

If you have a phone (relatively new) then you could use the internet on it to get all the half time scores from the Premier League down to League Two, i use mine at half time to check on all the scores, i go on BBC Sport, its no harder than using a computer. Hope this is helpful.
Old 05-10-2006, 17:57   #4
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy17
If you have a phone (relatively new) then you could use the internet on it to get all the half time scores from the Premier League down to League Two, i use mine at half time to check on all the scores, i go on BBC Sport, its no harder than using a computer. Hope this is helpful.
So while you're checking the scores write them down and Tannoy Man will read them out, sorted.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 19:44   #5
God Member

or you could ask one of the radio comentators at the match to guest speak and sponsor the halftime scores when he,s reading them out on the radio just a thought. i dont know how far they sit away from you but its worth a try.
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:46   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Why don't you just make 'em up...it's better than nowt and should provide some amusement (especially if its chucking it down and everyone is soaked through at the Clayton end)

:engsmil: ...........nice one .....i like it...... :engsmil:
Old 06-10-2006, 12:24   #7
Senior Member+

So there isn't one computer up and running on match days? some little kid cound'nt run up to you with a half time print out from skysports or the BBC or something?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 14:20   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
So there isn't one computer up and running on match days? some little kid cound'nt run up to you with a half time print out from skysports or the BBC or something?
What a stupid idea That's exactly what happens at all other clubs.
Old 06-10-2006, 18:51   #9
God Member

Quote:
A lot of people have been asking why I don't announce the half-time scores. Simple reason - I don't have them. Most people think that I am given them, and can't be bothered to read them out - TOTALLY WRONG!!!

think somebody likes the sound of their own voice
Old 06-10-2006, 20:33   #10

Jimmy Bell always on the phone at half time ---------------- not telling me that he's talkin to his mum ? Why cant he tell John [ tannoy ] the half - time scores ?
Old 07-10-2006, 02:02   #11

Never mind that crap just concentrate on the matter in hand.
Who cares what anyone else is doing at half time its about what happens in front of you when they come back out again that matters.

Another good idea would be leaving the announcement about the carpark until the moment the game finishes. Anyone who parks on there should know that by now and it`s very off putting when we`re trying to secure the winner.

Cheers
LUV
Z

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:23   #12
God Member

ZERO I would've thought 99% of patrons would be dead set keen to hear halftime scores(if given at halftime and not during second half.)
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:38   #13

Even Tannoy man says nearly all other clubs do this. So that should give zero a clue. Of course we want to know half time scores and what everyone else is doing. Of course we also want to concentrate on second half. How does one effect the other zero ?

As for the car park announcement. How many people does this affect out of 2thousand. People using the car park should be told the rules when given access. listen to the sighs and moans when it is announced today.

Extra time sponsored by ? still gets a laugh though LOL

I think tannoy man does an excellent job and I hope he doesn't see any of this as a complaint about him. It is not.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:54   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Never mind that crap just concentrate on the matter in hand.
Who cares what anyone else is doing at half time its about what happens in front of you when they come back out again that matters.

Another good idea would be leaving the announcement about the carpark until the moment the game finishes. Anyone who parks on there should know that by now and it`s very off putting when we`re trying to secure the winner.

Cheers
LUV
Z
I have to do the car park announcement 10 mins before the end of the match - Instructions from those who must be obeyed!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:45   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I have to do the car park announcement 10 mins before the end of the match - Instructions from those who must be obeyed!!!
Well it'd time they had a re-think. It really is a terrible atmosphere deflater.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..