Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2006, 19:37   #1
God Member

Halifax folding?

seems like the Shaymen could be about to fold

http://www.shaymenonline.org/sol2/news.php?id=933

would be a shayme if they did, but its a lesson to all clubs that they are never far from the wolves at the door.

Good luck<!--msgend-->
Old 25-08-2006, 19:44   #2
God Member

Re: Halifax folding?

Halifax Rugby.....
Old 25-08-2006, 19:52   #3

Read it all Kipax, it affects both the Rugby and the Football Club.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 19:54   #4
Senior Member+

Inexplicably connected....

Miss that awsay end Good Luck Shaymen!!!!!!!!!!!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 20:07   #5
God Member

I did read it thanks diesel.. The story is about the rugby club folding not about the football club folding.. it goes in to link the two and a bit of scare mongering but at the end of the day i think you will find that halifax Town FC are not in danger of folding in the next three weeks..

But if it makes you feel better then go for it.. lets say there folding and offer lots of tea and sympathy.
Old 26-08-2006, 07:54   #6
Senior Member+

Its one set of owners for both clubs, the shay trust

& they aint gettin any of my tea

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2006, 08:05   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I did read it thanks diesel.. The story is about the rugby club folding not about the football club folding.. it goes in to link the two and a bit of scare mongering but at the end of the day i think you will find that halifax Town FC are not in danger of folding in the next three weeks..

But if it makes you feel better then go for it.. lets say there folding and offer lots of tea and sympathy.
C'mon Tony - it says that Halifax Town FC are losing £170K per season and cannot sustain the Shay on their own. Therefore if Halifax Blue Sox (Rugby) go under, it is more than likely that the football club and the SST members will also go under. I agree it does not say definitely, but likely. Somehow, I think the Conference bosses will want clarification. But I am with most if not all on here, good luck to both teams.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2006, 08:34   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
C'mon Tony - it says that Halifax Town FC are losing £170K per season and cannot sustain the Shay on their own. Therefore if Halifax Blue Sox (Rugby) go under, it is more than likely that the football club and the SST members will also go under. I agree it does not say definitely, but likely. Somehow, I think the Conference bosses will want clarification. But I am with most if not all on here, good luck to both teams.

Seriously... didnt you read it all?

It's written on an unofficial website..
It's about the rugby club with theories about the FC
It's the views of the person writing and no facts re the FC
It says that not all halifax fans will agree with what he is writing
It says that the club don't agree with what he is writing
It's full of ........if,but,maybe

and from that otherwise sensible people decide halifax town fc is going to fold..

Have a look on the halifax fc website or forum .. how come the only people worried about the football club folding are the guy who wrote the article and a couple of gullible stanley fans..

Like I say... if it makes you feel better then feel free to feed the rumour... Me I prefer the real world.. its got women and beer in it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..