Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2005, 14:18   #1
Senior Member+

Halifax game a Shocker!!!!

What was that all about last night?

Miserable night weather wise turned into a miserable evening on & off the pitch!
Subdued atmosphere on the Clayton End, disappointing crowd, terrible performance.... I thought a few weren't UP FOR IT which is shocking when there is so much to play for
Lets hope JC & JB get em sorted as there are some big games coming up!

Luckily, Craney rescued a point & we are still second. If we keep picking up points then we will be in the shake up!

Bring em on!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2005, 14:21   #2
God Member

Re: Halifax game a Shocker!!!!

Brilliant run of results against the best of the conference.... and the crowd drops....

Someone explain it to me as well...
Old 23-02-2005, 16:07   #3
Senior Member+

Champions League on Terraestrial TV & footie fans from Accy now becoming TV Arsenal fans....

Sat there Arsenal shirt, arsenal mug, arsenal hat TV on - beer in hand in bloody Accrington

It'll get worse before it gets better I think, SKY TV will kill / seriously harm the lower leagues. Everybody seems to be a Premier League (Man Utd , Arsenal, Chelski fan (were where you when they where ****!))

Armchair fans ..... get down to the Crown!!!!!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 16:15   #4
Resting in Peace

Unhappy Re: Halifax game a Shocker!!!!

Couldn't go - still suffering from horrible 'Flu - there's a lot of it about!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 17:46   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
...disappointing crowd
As I was reading through the various match reports last night, I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance figure. Since the average attendance for league matches this season is just over 1500 (it drops a exactly a hundred people if you take out the numbers for the Carlisle match), I thought that 1,400 people coming out for a midweek fixture in bad weather would be a positive event. Were you disappointed with the atmosphere generated by the crowd or with the numbers that came through the gates?
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 18:05   #6
God Member

Numbers.. As there where quite a few from Halifax (Although the figure 600 seems to have been plucked from a hat) it means there wasn't many from Accrington
Old 23-02-2005, 18:21   #7

To be honest if we'd of had a large home following yesterday night the floating fans may have been put off for a long time. It was a pretty grim performance when compared to Saturday. However Saturday was the best ever game at the Crown Ground. Like I said earlier 'theres only two Accy Stanleys
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 08:35   #8

willie, you're dead right on all accounts.
1 the match was terrible but less said the better.
2 the crowd atmosphere was bad but what do we expect with a team performance like that.
3 sky and premier league does knacker thing up for the lower leagues, and as you know we are both rovers converts so we know both sides of the coin.
jase now give me some karma for bigging you up.
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 08:38   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister Onymfo
To be honest if we'd of had a large home following yesterday night the floating fans may have been put off for a long time. It was a pretty grim performance when compared to Saturday. However Saturday was the best ever game at the Crown Ground. Like I said earlier 'theres only two Accy Stanleys
Quite right!
I brought a friend on Saturday, who, come 5pm, couldn't wait for the next game!
Fortunately, as it turned out, he couldn't make it for Tuesday.... so, still chance of another 'convert'....
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 09:35   #10
Resting In Peace

Disappointing performance, but remember, a team can only play as well as the opposition lets them. Halifax played well, closed us down and passed the ball well. We seemed to go back to playing the long ball, but a point is a point and we are still in second place.

Disappointing attendance - cold night (no roof for protection), football on television.

Disappointing atmosphere - give us a roof and you will hear the noise.

All in all over the last three games, Exeter, Barnet and Halifax we have got seven points, I don't think the most optimistic fan would have expected that. We must be happy with seven points from nine. Let's just hope that we don't slip up against Forest Green.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 09:38   #11
Senior Member+

I'm more than happy
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 09:39   #12
God Member

I wouldn't have bet a pair of sweaty socks on us getting 7 points out of those three games...

Also we all agree that we didn't deserve anyhting from the game but got a point...

Getting points we dont deserve.. turning on the style against higher opposition.... other results going for us (even york won at exeter for us) are these all signs of a team destined for the playoffs........ I think so
Old 24-02-2005, 09:44   #13
Senior Member+

Even when we dont play well we still manage to pick up points
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 09:45   #14
Senior Member+

Craney turning into a supersub? he wont like that lol.....
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 09:58   #15
Super Moderator

Cheers, Kipax and Jeff, you've just cheered me up!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..