Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By Lord Stiffupperlip
  • 1 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 1 Post By VALAIRIAN
  • 4 Post By Crown Grounder

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2023, 10:36   #1

Happy New Year!

Feeling rather guilty after watching Coley's post-match interview following Thursday's game, which I thought both pragmatic & honest.
The barrage of criticism which followed was borne largely from the sheer frustration of defeat at the hands of rock-bottom shrimps - and yes, we were the better team.
It's easy to forget how lucky we are to be in League 1, a fact which flies in the face of all the rules of logic & economics.
The fact that we still are is largely down to one man. Both John Coleman & the players are doing their best under the most difficult of circumstances.
We've lost most of our best players, either from transfer or a calamitous list of injuries that would cripple any team.
Football is a cyclic sport of highs & lows. Presently we are suffering from a period of the latter but its important we don't panic.
So, my New Year's resolution is to be less critical & more positive about our little club.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE AT THE CLUB & STANLEY FANS EVERYWHERE - ON STANLEY ON!

PS. Good luck to Morecambe in their battle for survival.
MikeA, AccyMad, Kiwi John and 2 others like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2023, 15:54   #2
God Member

Re: Happy New Year!

Looks like Morecambe are making the most of your good luck wishes!
Greger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 16:32   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

what do people expect when strikers are not played?our manager tells us every week he plays to win.
Old 01-01-2023, 17:03   #4
God Member

Happy New Year to all

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 17:07   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Looks like Morecambe are making the most of your good luck wishes!
And thanks to Morecambe for getting us out of the bottom four

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 17:58   #6
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
And thanks to Morecambe for getting us out of the bottom four
We could have scored 10 today. Burton were murdered !
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 18:10   #7

Lord S's thoughts on the present situation are "spot on" in my view.

I also felt very angry and very low whilst watching the Shrimps show us how simple it is to win a game of football with very little possession but by being clinical in front of goal.

So it's on to 2023 with just over half the games and points to play for. Whilst I don't expect to get anything out of our game at Pride Park tomorrow, football is a funny old game and I will be watching with hope.......... sat on the edge of my seat and cheering on my team Accrington Stanley.

May I wish all contributors on this forum a happy and prosperous New Year. And I hope that any of you who are facing adversity at the moment the best of luck in overcoming your difficulties and challenges.

And finally, all the best in 2023 to our Chairman, Manager, Players and all those working with them at our great little football club.....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 22:29   #8
God Member

Hope you all have a great new year. May you all be healthy and happy .
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 22:37   #9
God Member

I honestly (and foolishly?)believe we will get at least a point at Derby. The players won't turn in 2 shockers in a row, and playing in front of a big crowd will only motivate them to higher levels-remember 2-2 at Sunderland a couple of years ago? We were great that day (watched it live on Bet365) and first decent ( large) crowd most had preformed to.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..