Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Haggis316
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2009, 21:02   #1
Senior Member+

Harvey McCreadie

Daughter in Blackburn News:

New chef at Blackburn Cathedral cafe (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Am wake up call likes this.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2009, 22:20   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Harvey McCreadie

i reckon she favours her dad.
Am wake up call likes this.
Old 27-02-2009, 22:25   #3
Resting in Peace

No way ... just like her Mum.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 08:00   #4
Senior Member+

It all happens in Blackburn! There's a link on that page to a story about 'Two nights in custody for Blackburn drunk who stole a fishcake'.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 10:16   #5
Resting in Peace

In remember watching Harvey playing for Stanley in the early 60s. Some years later I became friends with him when he played darts for the Fox Hill pub in Ossy, he was a mate big Jack Mcgregor, one time landlord of the Palatine in Accy
Old 10-05-2012, 16:23   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea View Post
it all happens in blackburn! There's a link on that page to a story about 'two nights in custody for blackburn drunk who stole a fishcake'.
just read your blog, my dad was a footballer, i haven"t seen him since i was 3 yrs old. And now he is dead, what does your message mean
Am wake up call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 16:25   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
in remember watching harvey playing for stanley in the early 60s. Some years later i became friends with him when he played darts for the fox hill pub in ossy, he was a mate big jack mcgregor, one time landlord of the palatine in accy
ref harvey mccreadie my dad died in 2008 i have only just found out. That is how close we were!!
Old 10-05-2012, 16:30   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
in remember watching harvey playing for stanley in the early 60s. Some years later i became friends with him when he played darts for the fox hill pub in ossy, he was a mate big jack mcgregor, one time landlord of the palatine in accy
ref amanda mccreadie. I recently found out my dad is dead. He died at the age of 66 yrs. From a massive heart attack, having had a stroke. Never saw him from the age of 3 yrs . Moved down to london, never saw him again. So you tell me, how he was such a great person. Probably coz he bought you a few drinks!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 17:54   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am wake up call View Post
ref amanda mccready. I recently found out my dad is dead. He died at the age of 66 yrs. From a massive heart attack, having had a stroke. Never saw him from the age of 3 yrs . Moved down to london, never saw him again. So you tell me, how he was such a great person. Probably cuz he bought you a few drinks!!!!!!
Sorry about your problems, but Harvey was around my age, never did anything wrong to me and I knew little or nothing about his private life, only got to know the chap in the mid to late seventies, like you meet lots of people, I judge people as I find them, never did me any harm so can't find a reason to call the chap, the fact that he didn't do right by you, is hardly the fault of people who never know anything about his personal life, don't be quick to judge others for things they had nothing to do with and certainly no control over
Old 15-05-2012, 18:51   #10

hi my names katie and harvey mccreadie was my dad too im from london
xxkatie29xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 19:53   #11

Hi, im new to this site but Harvey was my uncle. My dad Stewart and uncle charles brought Harvey to Scotland after they found out he had a stroke. The last time i saw him was just after i was married maybe 2001. Found him to be a bit of a loner
uanaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 19:57   #12

hi jaysay, its nice to know uncle harvey had some good friends
uanaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 09:38   #13
Resting in Peace

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...POoZ4mEl1-kM5A
For those interested here are his career details

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..