Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2006, 22:50   #1
Junior Member+

Have to say...

...Accrington Stanley away this season is one of my best football-watching experiences, EVER!

Gorgeous day when we get there, leisurely drink in that pub next to the ground (v. good) and into the ground nice and easy. Game kicks off, starts ****ing down! Wettest I've ever got a football match but man was it fun. Was ashamed to see some of our lot scurrying off into that little side stand; not proper fans. An open game too, although I thought we deserved our 2-0 win in the end.

Have to say, I feared for you after that game, I really didn't think you looked like a team able to fight it out in this league. Plus, was very shocked at the attendance, for such a momentous occasion (not playing Darlo, the other momentous occasion ) I'd have thought it would have been a bumper crowd, shame on the people of Accrington who couldn't be arsed to go and support their team.

Anyway, certainly seems like you've picked yourselves up, whilst we continue to sink into a state of crisis, tables turned somewhat!

-N-
nick_darlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-10-2006, 23:02   #2
God Member

Re: Have to say...

we're still wet, we're still suffering crap crowds although they have been bumped somewhat by good away followings.

We're still singing though!
Old 16-10-2006, 23:07   #3
Junior Member+

Never stop singing boyo, you have a great club to support there. I have to say though, I feel very lucky to have visited your place in August and not February, it was cold and wet enough in the Summer!
Old 16-10-2006, 23:10   #4
Junior Member+

As for the away followings, yeah, you'll be doing really well in league 2 I suspect. Likes of Wrexham, Stockport, Bury, Dale, and even the Mansfields and Notts will probably take/have taken good followings to Stanley.

Thinking about it, we took a fair few to your place...750 odd I seem to remember. Decent following that.
Old 16-10-2006, 23:10   #5
God Member

its our secret weapon.

You should have heard Dennis Wise moaning. 'crap stdium - crap pitch - crap floodlights - crap dressing rooms. Fans were nice though' after singing do you take it up the "£$% Dennis Wise.

Does he not remember Plough Lane.
Old 16-10-2006, 23:12   #6
God Member

764 from Darlo

Rochdale and Wrexham about 800
Boston about 8
Wycombe about 700
Swindon about 1000 (didn't see the official number)
Old 16-10-2006, 23:18   #7
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
8 from Boston
Love it. A following only to be rivaled this year by Macc, no doubt.

1000 from Swindon eh? Credit where due, very good following. Having said that, they were in a rich vein of form at the time no doubt and playing Stanley always has that extra bit of attraction. Wise is a ******, he better be careful or he's gonna get way too big for his boots. This is league 2, hope he didn't expect an easy ride!
Old 17-10-2006, 11:35   #8
Senior Member+

808 from Swindon if i remember rightly, I could be wrong tho.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..