Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 23:47   #1
Resting in Peace

Hereford fan's bitterness has no bounds

From the Hereford forum:-

They did not deduct them because of WEST HAM. Surely now that this is being challenged in court the teams at the bottom of League 2 should mount a legal challenge againts ACCY for breaching the league rules for the second season in a row - and getting away with it for the second time in a row.

I think we can all see now that football is VERY corrupt when it comes to these sorts of things.

In fact Brighton were allowed to stay in the League without a ground at the expense of a club WITH a ground. I wonder who that was........
SHOCKING !

Sense of proportion missing, big time! <!--msgend-->
[ post follow-up ]
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-05-2007, 07:54   #2
God Member

Re: Hereford fan's bitterness has no bounds

West Ham deliberatly misled the FA, and hid paperwork. We forgot to put dots over the i's. it's totaly different.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 13:11   #3

And even if we had have had four points deducted (as was predicted) we'd still have stayed up on goal difference.
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 14:04   #4
Senior Member+

With no more than 7 points at stake who would bother to fund the legal action? Boston United who finished 14 points behind us because they have gone into administration and could not keep on top of their player's wages let alone fund a pointless legal action or Torquay United who finished 15 points behind us?

Wouldn't help their position one iota. The other teams survived any way. Haven't they anything better to spend what money they have on?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 22:17   #5
Resting in Peace

Bull******rs still having a go!:-

"Lets hope the LEAGUE looks again at the Points Deduction.
If they now deduct from West Ham or it goes to court I can see the Accy case having to go too - although with Boston losing 10 points it becomes irrelevent.
Next season they will go down - get your money on it - they have to stay within the WAGE CAP of 60% of attendance at home and their attendance is so small that surely they will not survive - Macclesfield likewise."
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:52   #6
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
they have to stay within the WAGE CAP of 60% of attendance at home and their attendance is so small that surely they will not survive - Macclesfield likewise."
Don't know much on this point but it could lead to some interesting crowd figures for next season. It has been said that the attendences given where lower than the real attendence figure, maybe next season we will be discussing why Eric said 4000 when it was obvious there where only 3000.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:59   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Don't know much on this point but it could lead to some interesting crowd figures for next season. It has been said that the attendences given where lower than the real attendence figure, maybe next season we will be discussing why Eric said 4000 when it was obvious there where only 3000.

I thought the same Bagpuss, but I thought it better left to you!!
Old 08-05-2007, 03:11   #8

Quote:
From the Hereford forum:-

They did not deduct them because of WEST HAM. Surely now that this is being challenged in court the teams at the bottom of League 2 should mount a legal challenge againts ACCY for breaching the league rules for the second season in a row - and getting away with it for the second time in a row.

I think we can all see now that football is VERY corrupt when it comes to these sorts of things.

In fact Brighton were allowed to stay in the League without a ground at the expense of a club WITH a ground. I wonder who that was........
SHOCKING !

Sense of proportion missing, big time! <!--msgend-->
[ post follow-up ]
2 posts from our resident idiot which hardly got a reply.
In fact I only saw this myself when I came on this forum to say:-

'Congrats on your relegation escape & good luck next season.'

Isn't it time to grow up & leave the past where it is?
bullmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 17:48   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmac View Post
2 posts from our resident idiot which hardly got a reply.
In fact I only saw this myself when I came on this forum to say:-

'Congrats on your relegation escape & good luck next season.'

Isn't it time to grow up & leave the past where it is?
Well said Bullmac and thanks for your kind thoughts ....

On the day when Ian Paisley sat down with Martin McGuinness I would like to think we (Stanley and Bulls) could have a season with no references to Welshness or sheep, whippets or pub football pitches - but we both know our respective resident idiots (sorry, comic geniuses) won't let that happen.

See you next season
Old 14-05-2007, 19:23   #10
Senior Member+

Any legal challenge to the league panel decision on Stanley would not have stood a snow ball's anyway. See:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle1774779.ece

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 11:17   #11
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Next season they will go down - get your money on it - they have to stay within the WAGE CAP of 60% of attendance at home and their attendance is so small that surely they will not survive - Macclesfield likewise."
I think that you will find that the WAGE CAP is 60% of previous year's turnover. Turnover includes all income, including transfer fees. Our turnover for last season was well up on the season before thanks to transfer fees of £250,000 for Gary Roberts and £75,000 for Ian Craney. The WAGE CAP is not solely a percentage of attendance at home.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_Two

Last edited by JEFF; 15-05-2007 at 11:20.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..