Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2010, 19:32   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Hereford Match Thread

Gutting!!!!!!!!!!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2010, 19:39   #32

Poor display on show today. Hope Miles and Joyce are "rested" next game as they were both very poor today and thats from players wanting a contract. Roll on next game and hope we get back to winning ways.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 19:39   #33
Full Member+

Rats!, hate losing to Hereford
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 19:46   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new red View Post
Poor display on show today. Hope Miles and Joyce are "rested" next game as they were both very poor today and thats from players wanting a contract. Roll on next game and hope we get back to winning ways.
Miles was limping quite badly going back to his car
Old 17-04-2010, 19:59   #35
Senior Member+

anyone see what happend at the end involing bobby grant and one of out other players or management?

Old 17-04-2010, 22:05   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
anyone see what happend at the end involing bobby grant and one of out other players or management?
I didn't MCR, but what i see every home match is the "Ultras" giving 100% support, commitement, passion, n energy, wish i could say the same fer all the team, some do, some do but aint good enough, but some............... those young lads put to shame n deserve better. IMHO.
Old 17-04-2010, 22:18   #37
Senior Member+

thought it was an absoutly brillant display by jase today, well thought off and worked very well, really load and proud today!!! after the pen thought we had a really chance of grabbing a 2nd and third!

Old 17-04-2010, 23:28   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
thought it was an absoutly brillant display by jase today, well thought off and worked very well, really load and proud today!!! after the pen thought we had a really chance of grabbing a 2nd and third!
we did mate but they were offside. thought unlucky wi the first un, but second un definatly was.
Old 18-04-2010, 00:06   #39
Full Member+

Ultras were excellent today - in great voice but have to say the 'wind' section made us chuckle........ a bit bullish wannit?

Last edited by Reamer; 18-04-2010 at 00:06. Reason: crap spell
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 09:11   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by new red View Post
Hope Miles and Joyce are "rested" next game as they were both very poor today.
Sorry, but I just cannot agree with that. The main threats came from John Miles - even this Match Thread suggests that. He was the only player to run at the opposition and to try to open the Bulls' defence. He created an excellent chance from a quick throw-in. Certainly the Bulls saw him as a real threat - they tried to get 2 defenders near him as soon as he got the ball.

We urgently need a left-footed left back who can overlap confidently and draw defenders out of position. This would give Miles even more options.

I felt the real weak link yesterday was Michael Symes. His ball control was very poor and his shooting was equally poor.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 10:22   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i also thought Miles was the main threat yesterday, even think we would have won had he remained fer 90 mins, thought a favourite of mine "Winnard" had a very poor game, by his own excellent standards.
Old 18-04-2010, 10:32   #42

I agree that Miles was our best player yesterday, the poorest performances for me were in central midfield, Proctor & Joyce - constantly giving the ball away, running around like headless chickens. I would rest Proctor & Joyce for the next game, whats the story with John Mullin? if he's fit to play - play him & Jimmy Ryan in the centre & Turner & Miles on the wings.
Preston Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 12:17   #43
Senior Member+

Agrre that we were not very good again today. I thought the first disallowed goal was a wrong call by the liner! Grant was in an offside position beyond th far post but he was totally passive, (according to referees guidance), Symes walked past their centre half to tap in the rebound from their keeper. Second effort ; yes Turner was offside. We should not be losing to teams like Hereford. Agrre that Ultras were brilliant AGAIN
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 13:18   #44
God Member

The team spirit seems to be at its nadir; there's no cohesion whatsoever. I'm really struggling to remember the last time we put two decent passes together in the opposition's half. If only the team could replicate some of the energy and 'Red Army' mentality shown by the Ultras yesterday! It's down to Coley and Jim to bring the team together and give the fans something to get excited about for next season. With things on the field the way they are at the moment, the end of the season can't come soon enough.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 13:54   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Sorry, but I just cannot agree with that. The main threats came from John Miles - even this Match Thread suggests that. He was the only player to run at the opposition and to try to open the Bulls' defence. He created an excellent chance from a quick throw-in. Certainly the Bulls saw him as a real threat - they tried to get 2 defenders near him as soon as he got the ball.

We urgently need a left-footed left back who can overlap confidently and draw defenders out of position. This would give Miles even more options.

I felt the real weak link yesterday was Michael Symes. His ball control was very poor and his shooting was equally poor.
Fully agree about Miles, and am getting fed up with people constantly on his back. He was our one forward who looked capable of opening up their defence, but of course was subbed! Also agree that Proccy and Joyce were abysmal throughout and need dropping, but can't see it happening.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..