Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 08:11   #1
Senior Member+

Hereford United Match Thread............

Looking forward to this today.

Sounds like Cooky maybe making a few changes
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2012, 08:53   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Hereford United Match Thread............

All i require today is a win that sends Hereford,back into oblivion.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:16   #3
Senior Member+

Agreed.

Its one away ground I will not miss
Old 09-04-2012, 10:13   #4

Do they still take the cow on the pitch?
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:53   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
Do they still take the cow on the pitch?
No, It's just BULL
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 13:53   #6
Junior Member+

JC & JB are in the ground :-)
OscarUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 16:02   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

A good 2-1 win today, some much needed points, well done the lads.
Old 09-04-2012, 16:25   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Good win,though the Reds shoulda been outa site at half time, Hereford have keeper to thank fer fact we weren't,
Old 09-04-2012, 16:35   #9
Resting in Peace

Some good performances today from Lindfield, Liddle, Charlie, Murphy.... I could go on and on. Paddy got the reward his non-stop nuisance making deserved and Bobby came good with one of his specials. the subs worked well but I would have liked Guthrie to have had some time on the pitch. Felt a bit sorry for Hereford who played well in spells and their travelling support were great. They silenced the Clayton End for long spells and gave their lads an outstanding ovation when it was all over.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 17:40   #10

i don't think they silenced the clayton end the clayton end is quite anyway
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 19:14   #11
Senior Member+

A strange game really.

I enjoyed the first half, despite there being no goals. Thought it was great entertainment. We played some lovely stuff. Devitt was far improved from Friday and looked hungry for it. Thought Liddle also did well in an unfamiliar position.

Second half was the opposite, pretty average despite the goals with Hereford bossing a large part of the second period. Big positive for me was the partnership between Toto and Murph, which looked great for 1st time out. I wonder if people will now listen when I say Peter is a center back.

However for me, Hughes made all the difference when he came on, he really is a class apart. I would do anything to keep him next season !! He could be the difference between mid table and a crazy run at the playoff's next season, he is that good.

Nice to see Podge score, I hope he gets into double figures for the season.

Credit to the Hereford fans for travelling in decent numbers and made decent noise all game as well as clapping their side off, top marks.

With the Torquay expense im going to have to miss the trip to Cheltenham but cant wait for Shrewsbury and the return of Jacobsen & Gornell. I really hope they get a decent reception.
Old 09-04-2012, 19:20   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
A strange game really.

I enjoyed the first half, despite there being no goals. Thought it was great entertainment. We played some lovely stuff. Devitt was far improved from Friday and looked hungry for it. Thought Liddle also did well in an unfamiliar position.

Second half was the opposite, pretty average despite the goals with Hereford bossing a large part of the second period. Big positive for me was the partnership between Toto and Murph, which looked great for 1st time out. I wonder if people will now listen when I say Peter is a center back.

However for me, Hughes made all the difference when he came on, he really is a class apart. I would do anything to keep him next season !! He could be the difference between mid table and a crazy run at the playoff's next season, he is that good.

Nice to see Podge score, I hope he gets into double figures for the season.

Credit to the Hereford fans for travelling in decent numbers and made decent noise all game as well as clapping their side off, top marks.

With the Torquay expense im going to have to miss the trip to Cheltenham but cant wait for Shrewsbury and the return of Jacobsen & Gornell. I really hope they get a decent reception.
I would love to keep hold of Hughes, but Hughes or not i don't think we will have a crazy run at play offs next season, i predict we will be yon all season. Might sound nuts but then i never was sane.
Old 09-04-2012, 19:25   #13
Senior Member+

Dont get me wrong, 40 points is ALWAYS the aim, for a start.
Old 09-04-2012, 20:36   #14
God Member

First half we did everything but score, I must admit to being slightly dissapointed that there was not more wholesale changes with fringe players being involved especially if some of them are still playing for contracts.

Back to the game some nice stuff played pinning the Bulls back for long periods but lacking the cutting edge to put us two or three goals in front which was no more than the link up play deserved in the first half.

Second half was a bit more even with it seemed at times like Stanley attack followed by a Hereford attack as the game ebbed back and forth in the end we shaded it and deserved the win but credit to Hereford they kept going and were vocally well supported by their travelling support.

We do seem to play real high tempo stuff first half and then it seems we start to run out of steam during the second half so it leaves me a little unsure sometimes of the gameplan?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:19   #15
Full Member+

Their keeper must have made 5 crucial(aren't they all) saves in the first half, otherwise we'd have been safe by half time. They had a decent following, i heard they had four free coaches laid on(sorry if it's been mentioned before on this thread). Their fans must have set off on the long journey back home, soaked and dejected.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..