Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 08:38   #1
Junior Member+

honest assessment

last night was my 1st ever game at stanley, and i was very impressed with what i saw! strong defence, that barely looked under threat until the last 20 minutes. midfield that ran rings around brentford, especially the 14 who scored, ryan? who always made himself space & time on the ball. mullin up front has great feet for a big man & never gave the ball away all night. all in all it was a cruel way for the game to end. very harsh on accrington who looked by far the better team. i felt the need to post this message to show you its not all doom & gloom despite the late equaliser. i also found it surprising that i've read no positive comments about the team or the manager. as i said at the start it was my first game watchin accrington, but it won't be my last!
kevin wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2009, 09:51   #2
Senior Member+

Re: honest assessment

nice to have you on board mate and I hope you stay !!

nice observation about last night , do not feel down hearted about the lack of positive comments on this message board .....it's just the way it is!

Loweiy
Old 11-02-2009, 10:16   #3
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device glad you enjoyed last night hope you come every home game and enjoy it! Where did you sit/stand? a good assessment you wrote! True about this message board aswell sometimes its positive i.e after we won against morecambe but most of time its negative and if you disagree with whats being said! You get shot down!
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:53   #4
Junior Member+

i stood just to the right behind the goal, good atmosphere in that stand. i work most saturdays but have noticed there's couple of midweek games coming up(luton?) so i'll def get to them. i must admit i wasn't expecting stanley to be as good as they were last night. is that an average performance?? bovril was good too!
kevin wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:07   #5
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device good place to stand! Always better standing up! Ye there is quite alot of midweek games this month and next month! Yes we usually play like that most home games!
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:23   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i too stand behind the goal when me health permits,n stanley are my second team, can say that this season in my opinion, the football played has been much better,missed last night but am at a loss to understand why some are bitching to me a point against joint top of division is ok. any club ya will get negative comments,ya can't please everyone, also some get a bit paranoid n think they will always get shot down, ignore it they will grow out of it given time.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:00   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin wesley View Post
i also found it surprising that i've read no positive comments about the team or the manager. as i said at the start it was my first game watchin accrington, but it won't be my last!
Sometimes it takes an outsider to see things the way they are. I was proud of Stanley last night - we gave a good account of ourselves against one of this season's promotion favourites. If the ref had been reasonably competent and played the correct amount of extra time, this forum would be full of posts congratulating Coley!

Glad to hear you're coming back, Kevin. Do you thing you could bring some friends with you?
Old 11-02-2009, 16:57   #8
Senior Member+

Can I just say, I think a lot of the bitching was on one particular substitution by the 'football genius'. The majority think the football played last night was great apart from the last 20 minutes when we went defensive!!!!! Still you cannot have it all ways, welcome to the FES and hope you enjoy your next match just as much.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 18:36   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Can I just say, I think a lot of the bitching was on one particular substitution by the 'football genius'. The majority think the football played last night was great apart from the last 20 minutes when we went defensive!!!!! Still you cannot have it all ways, welcome to the FES and hope you enjoy your next match just as much.
Spot on.
If moaning about our manager's worrying habit of subbing our most dangerous player on the day is seen as being negative, then I plead guilty. Nobody appreciates the good football we have mostly played this season more than I do. I also thought Lindfield was very impressive last night. He harried their defenders to great effect and looked full of pace and trickery and deserved to score with that late missed chance. I think he could turn out to be by far the best partner for Mully we have had for a while, including Gornell and Clarke. We pressured Brentford all over the pitch which is why they just lumped the ball forward, instead of playing the passing game which their fans boast about on their forum, although they don't give us an ounce of credit, of course.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..