Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2006, 15:51   #1
God Member

hooligan threat

Seeing as how GSH has brought it up:

we all know that hooligans are an unfortunate part of football and we will encounter more of it the higher we climb. Do we want our own firm? No - we don't. If anybody knows of any specific threat of violence relating to any of our games then they should report it immediately.

If you hear any whispers relating to games coming up - report it.

Don't bring comment to this board about a specific game, because it will be read by the other club who may or may not react to a threat which may or may not materialise.

The potential of having idiots travelling with us, is that the real fans will not go. We have spent too long trying to get a decent away following to have a dozen or so buffoons spoil it.

If you are on a terrace near to people who start to cause any aggro, move away from them. The people who stand around, to look harder or get a better view or whatever, just make it harder for the policce or stewards to work out how many they are dealing with. Stand apart from them and let them look like pricks on their own. It also lets any rival idiots know exactly who to run after later.
Old 19-03-2006, 16:40   #2
Senior Member+

Re: hooligan threat

spot on macca...theres no room for it in the game...
Old 19-03-2006, 17:21   #3
Senior Member+

funny u should mention that, i went in the crown the other week and got stopped by two blokes both wearing ur classic so called 'firm' clothes asking if i was a home supporter.

Thers no point trying to hide from it whether we like it or not the hooligans are lurking in and around every club
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 17:26   #4

i have bin told by quite a few people by other clubs that they was walking past pubs just walking to the game not wearing any casual gear also with girls and the other team has cum running out of a pub after them and started chucking pint pots at them.... that just aint rite. also ive herd that a southern team attacks any fan that comes off the train.. what if that ever happens to us we aint just going to stand there and take a beating youll retaliate in some way... but if you do retalite does this mean that you will be hated by are club 4 just sticking up for yourself
Old 19-03-2006, 19:18   #5
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
Seeing as how GSH has brought it up:

we all know that hooligans are an unfortunate part of football and we will encounter more of it the higher we climb. Do we want our own firm? No - we don't. If anybody knows of any specific threat of violence relating to any of our games then they should report it immediately.

If you hear any whispers relating to games coming up - report it.

Don't bring comment to this board about a specific game, because it will be read by the other club who may or may not react to a threat which may or may not materialise.

The potential of having idiots travelling with us, is that the real fans will not go. We have spent too long trying to get a decent away following to have a dozen or so buffoons spoil it.

If you are on a terrace near to people who start to cause any aggro, move away from them. The people who stand around, to look harder or get a better view or whatever, just make it harder for the policce or stewards to work out how many they are dealing with. Stand apart from them and let them look like pricks on their own. It also lets any rival idiots know exactly who to run after later.
ARE YOU REAL? TALK ABOUT A RESPONSE FROM A WELCOME....SORT OF PERSON TO STIR UP TROUBLE YOU SEEM!!!!!!
BRISTOLS_FINEST_GHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 19:40   #6

Exclamation Re: hooligan threat

Yes but youre welcome was make sure we go to a pub in Bristol where all the hoolys hang out!!! Not much of a welcome in my opinion...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 19:46   #7
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower
Yes but youre welcome was make sure we go to a pub in Bristol where all the hoolys hang out!!! Not much of a welcome in my opinion...

Jimbo T blower
THAT PUB WAS USED BY US A WHILE BACK NOW NOT ANY MORE IT IS USE BY AWAY AND HOME FANS AS WELL AS THE DUKE OF WELLINGTON SO DONT TAKE IT IN THE WRONG CONTEXT BEFORE FACT SPEAKS....WE HAVE RESPECT TO ALL NEWCOMMERS....AND FAIR PLAY TO YOUR CLUB ITS ONLY THE GOBBY TYPES.
Old 19-03-2006, 20:07   #8
God Member

if your welcome was genuine, then thank you. I'm sure we will receive many more welcomes and we look forward to visiting all the new grounds and making many new friends along the way.

My post regards hooligans still stands.
Old 19-03-2006, 20:16   #9

to be honest for me i aint an hooligan far from it but away games if going on the train anyone starts then ill retaliate.. no one can put me down here but its life i aint going to stand there and let 10 bells of sh*t kicked out of me and also aint gunna run because id end up getting lost and then meet more of a mob. as for dresisng casual you cant put people down as you can get some smart clothes from the likes of hacket and stone island high prices but if they suit you then its your opion not anyone else's. also smudgie every piece of clothing is a firms clothing. lacoste, rockport, adidas. does that mean if i wear a rockport jacket that ill be part of a firm to you..

Last edited by Scott_ASFC; 19-03-2006 at 20:18.
Scott_ASFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 20:48   #10
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
if your welcome was genuine, then thank you. I'm sure we will receive many more welcomes and we look forward to visiting all the new grounds and making many new friends along the way.

My post regards hooligans still stands.
thats fine everyone has the right to air their opinion.
Old 19-03-2006, 21:24   #11

its a problem that imo will never ever go away

they have stopped the fighting in and around grounds
they now do it away from grounds, surely they are not football hooligans away from grounds, they are just a bunch of nobs meeting for a scrap.

i dont think accy has a problem at all, ive never heard of any trouble, which is good news. but i would think every team in the league has one

me and my mates got attacked in bolton this year, from the "cuckoo squad"

very manly of them, 20 of em after fighting 5 of us.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 22:02   #12

Talking Re: hooligan threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRISTOLS_FINEST_GHS
THAT PUB WAS USED BY US A WHILE BACK NOW NOT ANY MORE IT IS USE BY AWAY AND HOME FANS AS WELL AS THE DUKE OF WELLINGTON SO DONT TAKE IT IN THE WRONG CONTEXT BEFORE FACT SPEAKS....WE HAVE RESPECT TO ALL NEWCOMMERS....AND FAIR PLAY TO YOUR CLUB ITS ONLY THE GOBBY TYPES.
Youve got to admit it was easy for most of us to get the wrong end of the stick with your welcome message. Signing up with GHS at the end of your name then tellin us to come to a pub that everyone knows is dangerous or was dangerous (according to you) for away fans to venture into... But if it was genuine, then I also say ta very much - everyone connected with the club is very much looking forward to watching and playing league football but nonetheless, I doubt any fans will go to the John Cabot

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 19-03-2006 at 22:05.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2006, 07:37   #13
Super Moderator

Is all this not just a tad premature at the moment? We haven't done it yet!
Old 20-03-2006, 07:39   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_ASFC
to be honest for me i aint an hooligan far from it but away games if going on the train anyone starts then ill retaliate.. no one can put me down here but its life i aint going to stand there and let 10 bells of sh*t kicked out of me and also aint gunna run because id end up getting lost and then meet more of a mob. as for dresisng casual you cant put people down as you can get some smart clothes from the likes of hacket and stone island high prices but if they suit you then its your opion not anyone else's. also smudgie every piece of clothing is a firms clothing. lacoste, rockport, adidas. does that mean if i wear a rockport jacket that ill be part of a firm to you..

no it doesnt but if u where there at the time then u would realise why i mentioned it, i felt very threatened indeed not what i expected from goin for a quiet pint in the crown after a game
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2006, 11:25   #15
God Member

Most clubs seem to have a numpty element that tag along as so called genuine fans. These people are in a minority and should not be allowed to spoil the game for others. If a drink turns them into Saturday afternoon beasts then they have a problem and should avoid it. Its many years since I had any run ins with opposition fans "hard men" section and after ending up in the canal by choice as opposed to hospital I stayed away. If these so called fans are allowed to get their own way through intimidation and violence then the game will go back to the bad old days of running battles and cages at grounds. Anyone going to a match regardless of team should be there for the match and enjoy win lose or draw not to see howmany people they can blouter into next week!!!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..