Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2006, 18:41   #16

Re: How will Accrington do next season?

I believe that truely nobody can predict what is going to happen. People are getting more and more expectant, with talks of emulating Carlisle and all that. But I think now we are in the league success will become harder to come by. Theres only 3 promotions Stanley can ever get now remeber..... I believe we will finish mid-table, but like I say you cant say. On one hand we could do a Carlisle, or we could be another Rochdale and spend 30 years in this league(hope not!!!). Whatever happens, we will enjoy the season, knowing that every man who pulls on an Accrington shirt will give 110%.
Old 14-05-2006, 18:45   #17

For every Carlisle and Doncaster there is a Barnet, Shrewsbury or Chester, struggling in the bottom 6 after promotion.

I can't see you going straight up, but like you say, its a difficult League to predict!

I'd be surprised if you are top half though, your immediate aim should be to retain League status after having waited 44 years to get it back.
Quakerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 18:50   #18

On the subject of Darlington, do you not find the atmosphere poor in your 25000 capacity stadium with all the empty seats?

PS: This is not a jibe or criticism, just an honest question as I believe it might be a struggle to make noise. Plus Darlo have good crowds for league 2, it just doesn't look like it with the ground.
Old 14-05-2006, 19:02   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk
On the subject of Darlington, do you not find the atmosphere poor in your 25000 capacity stadium with all the empty seats?

PS: This is not a jibe or criticism, just an honest question as I believe it might be a struggle to make noise. Plus Darlo have good crowds for league 2, it just doesn't look like it with the ground.
Well 4-5,000 in Feethams which held 8,000, makes the same amount of noise as 4-5,000 in a 25,000 seater stadium. However, because the stadium is so huge, the noise just doesn't carry very far at all. So yes the atmosphere is worse.
Old 14-05-2006, 19:04   #20

And how many supporters do you think you'll bring to the Fraser Eagle Stadium?
Old 14-05-2006, 19:07   #21

Depends on what time of the year, how we are doing etc.

Say if its mid season and we aren't doing well, probably 4-500. First game of the season 1,000+.
Old 14-05-2006, 23:02   #22
God Member

I think we will be celebrating at the end of next season..... celebrating a close finish in the relegation zone and JUST managing to stay in the league

and that will do me nicely
Old 14-05-2006, 23:02   #23
Senior Member+

anywhere above the relegation zone will do

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 08:38   #24
Senior Member+

If we emulate what we did in the Conference- then I for one will be perfectly happy. 2 years at 10th and then auto promotion as champs. Never mind Carlisle, lets emulate Wigan and at least I can shut my family up then!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 11:13   #25
Junior Member+

Are you bored of the Carlisle message board Quakerz? I've not seen you on there for a bit.
sparkycufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 19:13   #26

I have to agree with Kipax i think the first season is going to be a struggle, but i think (na Hope) we will manage to stay up, but like already said its nearly impossible to predict what will happen over the season, so as long as we dont go down and play the best we can then i for one will enjoy the forthcoming season.
Old 16-05-2006, 04:47   #27

I think a mid table finish for a couple of season's will do me fine
Old 16-05-2006, 09:37   #28
God Member

It's impossible to predict how we will do next season and that's half of the excitement of going into a new league, I for one will just enjoy playing against new teams and visiting new grounds and I'll be happy if we just hold our own and stay up in the first season
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2006, 12:40   #29

And its impossible to say how we will do BEFORE the summer's coming's and going's
Old 19-05-2006, 20:25   #30
Junior Member+

i watched playoff matches in league 2 pretty woeful and has been same all season with teams i have seen only on tv some of these boys are lucky to kick straight let alone combine a one two. A few good signings will see stanley easily mid table finish. positive thinking:engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil:
accyred&blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..