Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 13:13   #1
God Member

How will the press strike affect Stanley

I noticed this in today's paper regarding access for the press into football league grounds.

Football chiefs have refused to back down in row over press coverage set to restrict reporting Premier League kickoff - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

It seems the football authorities are trying to stop websites from uploading more than 15 pictures during live play. I know this is unlikely to affect Stanley, but the authorities also want to restrict text commentaries and interactivity through websites during games. This is precisely the thing that Dan is doing on the fishy site.

Maybe Dan knows more about this, and will know if it's for all football or is just restricted to the premier league.

Regardless, I don't like the connotations, is this protecting the sponsors or is it censorship?
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2011, 13:20   #2
God Member

Re: How will the press strike affect Stanley

I read in the Guardian yesterday that we are one of three clubs to defy the order to bar journalists from games.

Times and Telegraph hit out at football bodies over lockout | Media | guardian.co.uk
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 13:35   #3
Dan
Senior Member+

The mention of Stanley in the Guardian story is not just incorrect it's factually impossible.

Were we or were we not AWAY from home on Saturday...? Therefore how could we have any say over who was admitted?

On this issue in general, it's a pain in the backside but nothing that's worrying me too much. We've had no correspondence from either Football League or dataco (their licensing people) about the text commentary service so it will continue.

As for national media, would it be cynical to say that I suspect it'll all be sorted by the time the Premier League starts on Saturday???

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 14:00   #4

Henry Winter the Football Correspondent on the Telegraph said that he was refused entry at Notts Forest on Sat due to this ongoing problem.
He simply joined the queue, paid and went in with the true speccy's.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 21:09   #5
Senior Member+

I am moving slightly off-thread here, but I feel that the Evening Telegraph has imposed its own ban, as when I receive a daily email from them about the Stanley-related headlines, in the main there is very little new information given .The Rovers headlines vary most days but not t'Stanley's. Are they in touch with Dan and the staff? Did they report on the recent meeting ? I saw nowt.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 21:26   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Did they report on the recent meeting ? I saw nowt.
Yes they did on Saturday, which if I recall was the day after the minutes appeared on the Fishy site, so that tells you where the information came from

Accrington Stanley hope for new £7m ground (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 10-08-2011, 09:38   #7
Junior Member+

King Coley has banned himself, Jimmy and all of the players from talking to Chris Flannelagain or the LET. He told the rags editor on the phone last week
Oldgrumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:22   #8
God Member

That's a very sensible approach, from Coley
Now the reporter will have to make up stories, but at least it will be confirmed "Made Up"
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 16:39   #9
Senior Member+

Good move from Coley, the bloke is a clown.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 22:02   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Complete ****** is Flanagan, should do very well if he moves to Fleet Street.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:20   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Complete ****** is Flanagan, should do very well if he moves to Fleet Street.
Not that there are any newspapers there any more. But would Flanagan know that?

Has anyone else noticed the similarity between photos of him and yonmon's alter ego, Alfred E?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..