Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2009, 11:11   #1

Hyde United

Another club in trouble with the HMRC.

Hyde United FC unofficial supporters' forum • View topic - Statement From The Board
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-09-2009, 11:49   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Hyde United

Not just in trouble, but wound up! Which just goes to show that you can't mess around with HMRC. Going to them at the end of October with £200K or some other partial sum and hoping they'll accept it is not a gamble I would like to take with our club.
Old 24-09-2009, 12:11   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Not just in trouble, but wound up! Which just goes to show that you can't mess around with HMRC. Going to them at the end of October with £200K or some other partial sum and hoping they'll accept it is not a gamble I would like to take with our club.
this is what ive feared all along, my sympathy to the "Hyde Faithfull" but fear a lack of openess n foresight may come back to bite our arse.
Old 24-09-2009, 13:12   #4
Super Moderator

The thing is, poor Hyde went to court hoping to get a final adjournment. They didn't.

As for Stanley, Rob Heys said when the present crisis first broke that they were looking at ways to pay off £200,000 "and then they'll hopefully give us extra time to pay off any more we might have to find."

Do you want to take a gamble like that with the future of the club you love?...I don't.
Old 24-09-2009, 13:29   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
The thing is, poor Hyde went to court hoping to get a final adjournment. They didn't.

As for Stanley, Rob Heys said when the present crisis first broke that they were looking at ways to pay off £200,000 "and then they'll hopefully give us extra time to pay off any more we might have to find."

Do you want to take a gamble like that with the future of the club you love?...I don't.
The worrying thing is Wyn.........Looking at the picture THEY are presenting to us...they just might !!!!...

'QUO VADIS STANLEY ???'....(Do tell us, in honest and forthright terms, just where you are going!!!...and, more importantly, how you intend getting there!!)

ps. I fear that this thread is going to Duplicate what is being posted elsewhere !...so I too am so sorry for the good folk at Hyde United..an important piece of non-league history vanishing into HMRC prompted oblivion!!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 13:56   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

thats exactly what it is, as i have already said to em the other week, whilst rob has been quoted as saying ya can't blame the taxman only doing his job, fair enough! if things don't work out, BLAME CAN be put firmly at the door of those who are at the helm, for despite all the transparency bullsh1t, have not clearly told the fans the real position or the options.
Old 25-09-2009, 09:19   #7
Full Member+

This piece about Hyde contains info that may be relevant to ASFC if things don't go to plan.... I hope it becomes irrelevant

NonLeagueDaily.com
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 09:32   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
This piece about Hyde contains info that may be relevant to ASFC if things don't go to plan.... I hope it becomes irrelevant

NonLeagueDaily.com
As Accrington Stanley are 'Bigger' than Hyde United...and thus more resourceful ...or is it SHOULD BE more resourceful ?...the reported position should never have to be faced Reamer!!......BUT ????

I share your Hopes!!!

'ON STANLEY!!!.....ON!!!!'
Old 25-09-2009, 09:51   #9
Resting in Peace

My Daughter used to work for Revenue and Customs, and when all this flared up she just said, they will have to have all their ducks in a row by the set date or its curtains, the people who deal with that sort of case were kicked out of the gestapo for cruelty, they don't take prisoners and they are ruthless, down to the last penny
Old 25-09-2009, 12:28   #10
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
As Accrington Stanley are 'Bigger' than Hyde United...and thus more resourceful ...or is it SHOULD BE more resourceful ?...the reported position should never have to be faced Reamer!!......BUT ????

I share your Hopes!!!

'ON STANLEY!!!.....ON!!!!'

Yonmon, I'm shocked to the core to see that your unbounded optimism is showing signs of wear. You've inserted a big BUT???? in your reply. Trust that this is just a minor blip and you'll be in fine fettle for tonight's game. A win against the Crewe would be a big lift after a week of dearth
Old 25-09-2009, 12:32   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

Yonmon, I'm shocked to the core to see that your unbounded optimism is showing signs of wear. You've inserted a big BUT???? in your reply. Trust that this is just a minor blip and you'll be in fine fettle for tonight's game. A win against the Crewe would be a big lift after a week of dearth
Fear not reamer Yonmon will be in top nick this evening, cashy will make sure of that.
Old 25-09-2009, 12:46   #12
Full Member+

Glad to hear it
Old 25-09-2009, 13:15   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:

With the aid of Cashy and Wyn and the gang who could not be in fine fettle for a Football League match at 'The Crown'!

BUT.....Yes, I am afraid that with the thought of £200+K to be raised in an impossibly short period of time...with images of apathetic management of the emergency emanating from 'The Powers that be??'...with insufficient, inaccurate, and conflicting snippets of information from one source and another being placed in front of my unbelieving eyes....and armed with the same accurate knowledge as Jaysay...That the faceless ones at HMRC are utterly ruthless beings , who see sentiment and flexibility as words non-existent in their Vocabularies !....Then my current image of the Status Quo is one of the Club appearing as a wounded Antelope surrounded by a flock of
burping Vultures !...and Tarzan being almost totally deaf to it's imminent demise! ....So whilst Alfred.E. ...'HIM'...and myself still cling to Alfred's admonition 'What me Worry ?'....I'm feeling just a little concerned !!...
and there's apparently no-one, other than the wonderful fundraising fans, wanting to convince me otherwise!!....

Being a student of Physiognomy (Still a useful Science!)...I intend to make a close study of several VIP Phyzogs tonight to determine the demeanour and emotions displayed thereon......If they're as long and dejected as those they were displaying following the great win over Darlington, then this should tell us a lot...

SO...go on Reamer...you have a good stare at them as well...and post your analysis at a later date !..

ps...Alfred.E. 's just pointed out that Once I get started, I don't know where to begin....so I'll shut up!!

'QUO VADIS STANLEY ????'
Old 25-09-2009, 15:38   #14
Full Member+

Nice to see you're gettin a bit pumped up for this one, Yonmon ...

.....Flock of Burping Vultures...... is that Vic Reeves new band ?
Old 25-09-2009, 15:56   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Nice to see you're gettin a bit pumped up for this one, Yonmon ...

.....Flock of Burping Vultures...... is that Vic Reeves new band ?
Now, that riposte will, I have no doubt, fly straight over the heads of many !!
But I bet that Wyn will find a more apposite bit of irony...if we wait long enough......

Alfred.E. remarks, in his usually droll manner ...' And Pink Indians might fly by in a flux !!'

Badinage.....or Goodinage ??

'ON STANLEY...ON !!'

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..