Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2006, 22:44   #1
Member.

Ian Dunbavin

Ian Dunbavin. This man is earning tremendous respect in my eyes. In Robbie’s absence he’s done us proud. Following tonight’s effort I just thought I’d like to put that on record.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2006, 22:52   #2

Re: Ian Dunbavin

:engsmil: i would agree with that,1st to games a bit shaky but the last 2-3 games he has played excellently,makes you wonder what will happen when rob elliot is match fit, as with his performance tonite i dont think that jc can justify dropping him when elliot is fit again:engsmil:
kerrie l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2006, 23:02   #3
God Member

Immense keeper.
I was very prejudiced against him joining us with his past reputations as reckless off the field, but as far as I'm concerned he can do what he likes off the pitch aslong as he's still performing like that!

...reminiscent of Jamo methinks.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2006, 23:14   #4
God Member

dunbavin dun drinking dun driving dah dah dah dah dah dah!!!
Old 22-08-2006, 00:26   #5
God Member

wrong wrong wrong. Where did that song come from?
Old 22-08-2006, 07:44   #6
God Member

Got to admit I had my doubts about him but they have all gone now with his last few performances, well done, hope he keeps it up.
Just 1 more point, we all slag ref's off, though the one last night did well I thought, not giving too much credit though, it doesn't seem normal

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 08:43   #7
Senior Member+

He made three or four top saves, the one near the end where he was blindsighted but had the reactions to get down andstop the header was the best off the lot. He nearly got caught out by a Grant Holt shot but did very well. He looks to be loving it here..His reaction at the full time whistle showed this, he was going crazy! Well done and keep going Ian..
Old 22-08-2006, 08:53   #8

I to had reservations about bavo but i have got to say he has been very impressive and now he seems to have settled into the team and is not afraid to give the back line a piece of his mind just like robbie.it must make coley feel good when he has to pick between two outstanding keepers.

Last edited by stanley convert; 22-08-2006 at 09:12. Reason: spelling
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 10:00   #9

Million miles away from John Kennedy isn't it ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 11:38   #10
I am Banned

Must admit i was nervous about Dunbarvin [as Rob Elliot has done so well for us & him being injured] but have to say he's impressed me of late - specially last night. Mmm is there now comp for the no1 spot & wonders how that will effect the both keepers??? As we got 2 good keepers in Elliot & Dunbarvin are we going to keep them both??
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 11:59   #11
Resting in Peace

Must admit that 1st I saw Bavo thought he was nervous and not too commanding in his box.

Well after last night he proved me soooooooooooooo wrong.

Think that compition for the goalie shirt is the best way to keep the both of them sharp.

Liked Rob last season think he made a big difference and helped to clinch title with plenty of clean sheets let hope that both of these lads can do the same again this season
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 13:42   #12
Senior Member+

what a player!!!

i can seriously see a big challenge for the goalkeeping department this season, which can only be a good thing!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 15:17   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF
Million miles away from John Kennedy isn't it ?
You just leave Jon out of this!!!

I was one of the first to be wary of Ian Dunbavin due to his off field record, but I'm delighted for the lad that he's proving to be a tremendous asset to us.

Well done Ian
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 17:35   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
....reminiscent of Jamo methinks.
Except he can kick, and with both feet.

Much as I loved Jamo there was always a certain frisson with his kicking, which is now apparently being enjoyed by the remaining Barrow fans, just look at their messageboard. They don't know how lucky they are.

Dunbavin/Elliott it's got to be good, I'll be happier when we have a goalie on the bench.

Anybody know who'd have gone in nets last night if needed?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.

Last edited by Oggy; 22-08-2006 at 20:54.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 19:58   #15
God Member

Phil Edwards or so I've heard.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..