Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2007, 22:18   #1
Senior Member+

Ince to manage Franchise FC

I can only wish him as much success as Dennis Wise at Leeds.

Two managers whom I hold in the same high regard.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-06-2007, 08:53   #2
God Member

Re: Ince to manage Franchise FC

I'l second that Oggy, and the Dons are already Ince's sort of players - a load of dirty cloggers - but unless he takes Ray Mathias with him he'll be on the dole queue before long as I reckon it's Mathias who has the nouse, Ince is only a front man as far as managing is concerned
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 10:05   #3

"Taking this club forward is going to take time, and we have a long-term plan," - Paul Ince on November 22nd
I should think Mathias is going with him seeing as he also quit Macc yesterday.
Old 25-06-2007, 10:29   #4
God Member

Yea, it's just been confirmed that Mathias & fitness coach Duncan Russell have gone with him. Made me laugh that he's comparing his decision to quit Macc with Thierry Henry's decision to quit Arsenal, bloody drama queen!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 13:35   #5
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Made me laugh that he's comparing his decision to quit Macc with Thierry Henry's decision to quit Arsenal, bloody drama queen!
Trouble with Ince is he will always be a big time charlie, I have no time for him.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 15:26   #6

Well here,s me thinking mr Ince was destind for bigger and better things, doh sideways move me thinks, but your right accymad he should fit right in with no problem at all.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 16:44   #7

Ince was a REAL lion for England and makes Lampard look like mary poppins. He masterminded the survival of Macclesfield in his first spell of management. I hate MK Dons though, disgraceful moving wimbeldon 60 miles then killing the history and milton keynes getting a team near enough the top of the pyramid for nothing. I thinkhe will do well though.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 16:45   #8
God Member

much as I dislike Ince I don't think it's a sideways move. He couldn't really have asked for a bigger move IMHO.

MK Dons will become a reasonable large club owing to the amounts of investment going in. The ground will be fit for the Premiership and I would imagine that the off field facilities such as training etc will match it. The management of the club are moving heaven and earth to attract the money from Milton Keynes and they will become happier and happier at the decision to ship in an existing football club. If the money is there for transfer fees then I would expect Ince and the ground to have no problems attracting the cream of the lower league talent to ensure a speedy rise to the Championship. I hope not for many reasons, but until they get to a level playing field then the scales are currently tipping heavily in their favour and they are my tip for the title this year.
Old 25-06-2007, 16:46   #9
Senior Member+

I think Macclesfield may struggle next season. Thy have lost a lot of players and now all the management have gone too.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..