Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2006, 16:34   #1
Senior Member+

Talking Is this a timely signing

Just read on the fishy site that Coley has signed George Boyd after he was released from Gretna. Supoosed to be a midfielder and will be available against Morecambe. Hope to see you all there tonight and looking for a big crowd e.g. 3,000+

:engsmil:

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2006, 17:49   #2

Re: Is this a timely signing

its mark boyd from gretna ,george boyd plays stevenage (i think)

we are top of the league say we are top of the league

stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 22:27   #3
Senior Member+

I stand corrected, Mark Boyd then comments please

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 23:03   #4
Senior Member+

I suppose that was him kicking a ball around before the kick off, not a lot to go on really, but we do need midfield cover, and Coley seems to be pulling rabbits out of hats at the moment.

Bit frightened by Burton this Saturday, if they can leave Andy Todd out then they must be some team.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 23:22   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy
Bit frightened by Burton this Saturday, if they can leave Andy Todd out then they must be some team.
Nah don't worry, Cloughie is just a complete dimwit.

Toddy can't play for us anyway against Burton because of a clause in his loan deal.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 23:35   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Nah don't worry, Cloughie is just a complete dimwit.

Toddy can't play for us anyway against Burton because of a clause in his loan deal.
Not as dim as he looks, then. Coley's been keeping Brown keen, or will we see the new boy? Can't wait.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 07:32   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
I stand corrected, Mark Boyd then comments please
He is a holding midfield player..I think he must just be a replacement for Anthony Barry...Lacking match fitness at the moment so should be ready and raring to go in a couple of weeks....
Old 21-02-2006, 11:16   #8
God Member

mayb eagainst burton as rockie is now banned for a match after collecting 5 yellow cards if sky is anything to go by!
Old 21-02-2006, 11:23   #9
Junior Member+

Boyd won't start yet as your manager wants him to get a couple of weeks training under his belt first.

Last edited by sparkycufc; 21-02-2006 at 11:29.
sparkycufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 12:58   #10
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
mayb eagainst burton as rockie is now banned for a match after collecting 5 yellow cards if sky is anything to go by!
I think Rocky may be banned for two games, I am sure that Monday's booking was his tenth of the season.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 13:48   #11
God Member

I think Phil Edwards will more than likely start in Rocky's position against Burton, with Danny Ventre at right-back. I thought Ventre played well in his albeit short spell last night up against Carlton.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 18:08   #12
Senior Member+

personally I would put edwards back in at right back, drop boco back into the midfield and play browny up top with mullers. Up until the worksop game i would have played mango up top but his attitude won't get him through 90 mins to young and tempestuous!!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 18:15   #13
Senior Member+

boco is great up front and i think he is a bit of a waste when he is played deep or in the midfield...what does everyone else feel? i'd also like to see danny ventre have a little run in the side he looks good with the glimpses we have had and i won't forget how he kept clayton donaldson quiet when people on other message boards were saying he was the best striker in the league..Edwards loks cool and composed wherever he plays and i'm sure he could play centre mid as i have seen no-one beat the player for pace or strengh....
Old 21-02-2006, 18:26   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie
Up until the worksop game i would have played mango up top but his attitude won't get him through 90 mins to young and tempestuous!!!!
yeah exactly hes still young he will make mistakes, he is obviously not going to be happy as hes a striker that isnt scoring goals,

So come on give the lad a break

Plus IMHO none of the players showed the right attitudes for either of the worksop games but thats in the past so let it be!
Old 21-02-2006, 18:36   #15
Senior Member+

maybe they didn't show the right attitudes in the sense that they couldn't be ar*ed, but mangos attitude reminded me of that 5 year old kid that takes his ball home when he can't stand being a goal down! He nearly got himself sent off in a cup game for running his mouth FFS!!!

All the other young lads don't have this attitude, so why am i wrong to critisise him when his gob is bigger than everyone elses!!! All I'm saying is he's not prepared yet for 90 mins at this level unless he's got gaffa tape over his mouth!!!

He is young and is one for the future and could be our future when (god forbid) Mully retires but right now he's not ready
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..