Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 22:06   #1
God Member

itv now

bang it on
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2007, 22:08   #2
God Member

Re: itv now

Nevermind. There was just a short bit about attendances & things.
Old 04-09-2007, 22:17   #3
Member.

Crass, dim-witted and unnecessary. Why did the club permit these dim wits from ITV on the ground? Using these poor outdated jokes to highlight our position just serves to undermine the situation in my opinion.

If we want to encourage people to join us inside the ground then push a different door, tonight’s report made us look like second rate armatures. Who was the bird? She should have her nails pulled out just for participating in the diabolical display of uncoordinated display of chronic chorography.

Wake up Stanley, Tat like this will see buried. We have pride in what we are and what we have achieved, try displaying that in the media and we might encourage people to join us.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 22:24   #4
God Member

Well, the BBC were filming up at the game tonight (and interviewed my mam - oh dear) so maybe we'll see something with a bit more substance.
Old 04-09-2007, 22:24   #5
God Member

i know what your saying doug but any publicity is good publicity in my book at the momentwere not going to get wet on saturday but them cod will
Old 04-09-2007, 22:28   #6
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Well, the BBC were filming up at the game tonight (and interviewed my mam - oh dear) so maybe we'll see something with a bit more substance.
Nail on the head there Shakey. Interview the people that care about the club, let the public hear about passion, sportmanship and whats there is on offer, not silly jokey "take the **** reporting" by second rate presenters, Thank god it was that dick from Burnley, sorry I mean BBC.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 04-09-2007, 22:30   #7
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
i know what your saying doug but any publicity is good publicity in my book at the momentwere not going to get wet on saturday but them cod will
Insane................, but I think your OK.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 04-09-2007, 23:33   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Insane................, but I think your OK.
Yes, so do I, think they're referred to as Cod 'eads though.

With you all the way on this one Doug, particularly liked, "crass, dimwitted and unnecessary".

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:32   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Somehow I don't think you will, they caught me by surprise and I was shaking all the time I was talking - can't even remember what I said so I'll apologise now - just in case
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 18:36   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Somehow I don't think you will, they caught me by surprise and I was shaking all the time I was talking - can't even remember what I said so I'll apologise now - just in case
Would you be on this?
Stanley - North West Tonight
768x576 WMV (2 minutes 15 seconds long 17.9Mb)

Not too flattering but hey, we're on telly
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 18:44   #11
Super Moderator

At least they didn't resort to the cheap gimmickry of ITV. AccyMad, you were fine...short and sweet and straight to the point!

Cheers for the clip, Redash.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 05-09-2007 at 18:52.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 18:55   #12
Member.

Cheers Redash, much better than that bucket of ****e that ITV put on the night before. Can I say a thank you to those fans that featured in tonight’s report at least they where open and honest? Can I an also say sorry to that bloke from Burnley, I always though he against the club, but I was wrong; yes come on Accrington can out and support the club.

I like to see more positive reporting from the club and the supporters, maybe the OSC could do a bit, fund raising perhaps, maybe the re erection of Kipax’s exhibition somewhere? Anything but something positive. I understand what the club is trying to do, but it’s falling on barren ground as it did last year, let’s have something new, something positive that raises the pride of the people so that they want to associate we the club.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 05-09-2007, 20:58   #13
God Member

Thank you Wynonie, there was quite a bit more to the interview but they must've just shown the bit when the least shaking occurred ! Seem to remember I said something about getting the kids interested from a young age & that mine had been coming to Stanley since they were very young & are Stanley through & through at which point the cheeky reporter asked if i'd brainwashed them. I said 'no, I just brought them up to watch proper football'
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 21:19   #14
God Member

I'm glad they showed the Clayton End at the very end of it because all the way through they were being canny not to show any areas where there was some fans - and that was a good gate for the paint pot trophy
Old 05-09-2007, 21:33   #15
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I'm glad they showed the Clayton End at the very end of it because all the way through they were being canny not to show any areas where there was some fans - and that was a good gate for the paint pot trophy
Not to mention as dim Tuesday night…… That’s a good point Macca, they where making it look far worse than it was which can be counter productive, ten minutes of the first half on Tuesday would have given a different picture, even would have encouraged more of the younger (15 to 30) age group to get off their backsides and join in supporting the team, Positives attract Positives and all that.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..