Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2005, 20:03   #1

Jaggers & Flits

Thought Jaggers was absolutely outstanding today, what an engine this fella has got he was everywhere. What an astute capture by Coley he seems to get better with every match. Flitcroft.....the most improved player by a long way, this lad can PLAY FOOTBALL. What does anyone think of our most unsung player? by this I mean Kes, or you may know him better as Chris Butler. A real solid consistant performer who seems to be growing in confidence all the time. I may be getting a little carried away with the fact we have played well today but I really do believe that this team is starting to come together at exactly the right time. Lets hope so. Well done Chaps!!!!! (PS, still think we need a quick frontman though)....sorry PM but think your time is almost up.
THE PEEL PARK GHOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2005, 20:31   #2

Talking Re: Jaggers & Flits

I wasnt impressed with Jaggers in the least when he started I must admit, but by all accounts it seems as though he has improved a hell of a lot - he was brilliant against Halifax away. To demolish/tear apart the 'run away' league leaders like we did today, I have to agree with you, and hope when I say - it eventually looks like the team is finally coming together and gelling as it should and yes, just at the right time. Im so pleased for Coley and Jimmy more than anyone else - answered the red herrings and the critics no end today - keeping the faith is no bad thing eh Redskin?!!!!

As regards to Flits, hes been a much better player ever since he came back from loan...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 19-02-2005 at 20:36.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 20:54   #3
God Member

Re: Jaggers & Flits

Flitcroft had one of the best games I have seen him play today. Never been a big fan of his but always steady enough... However today he seemed to have more of the ball and it was as if he had suddenly been given permission to run at players and get in there ... He was stopping and looking for the pass before..

As for Butler.. Well I have always rated him and think he just gets better. His critics mainly had a go at his stature but I have seen him shrug off players twice his size. He doesn't get into trouble or do anything spectacular but he does his job and every now and then gets forward and puts in a decent cross.

Evil.. well he is now concentrating more on his footbal than winding up the opposition and it shows.. he is a brilliant player and can drive through a defence like a knife through hot butter. Well deserved MOTM today from the young sponsors

Mullin.. he did what he is good at. He gets the ball with his back to goal then flicks or passes it on to a runner... that used to be Lutel and he knew exactly where he would be and could instantly pass to him... Its taken a little longer with new front runners but I noticed one or two neat flick on and pases to Evil today and i would say they have a very good partnership of providor and goalscorer coming along nicely. The celebrations when mullin scored between these two tells its own story... they will bea brilliant strike partnership.

Oh and nearly forgot... Special mention to the fans in the seats who when the fourth goal went in.. rose to there feet and chanted EASY EASY EASY! ....

Good on ya main stand

Last edited by KIPAX; 19-02-2005 at 20:59.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 21:02   #4
Senior Member+

Sorry Kipax IMHO I have to agree with PeelParkGhost. I refer to Paul Mullin. As good a player as he is, I thought his workrate today was not up to Evil's or Jaggers or Flitcroft. Admittedly he has been a wonderful servant to Accrington Stanley, and I sincerely hope he can prove the doubters wrong. I know he is the top scorer in the league for Accy, but goals are coming from all over the team. I honestly thought today we could easily have had 6 or 7 but for the keeper having an 'ON' day. Perhaps there is one or two players who haven't been mentioned, Rory and Paul Crichton (who I have to admit is looking a very safe keeper, Sorry Paul for being a doubting thomas) and what of the defence. Pete cavanagh, Robbie Williams, Chris Butler etc etc. Yes I think the whole team deserved man of the match, they soaked up pressure when they had to and played their hearts out for the cause. I think Mr Fairclough might just have seen some new players for his semi pro England set up. :engsmil:
Maybe we should do as J.C. says "KEEP THE FAITH"

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 19-02-2005 at 21:05.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 21:13   #5
Resting in Peace

Smile Re: Jaggers & Flits

Gutted to miss today's performance of the season, as I feel like death warmed up with a nasty bout of flu. Sweet listening on br radio and after the 4 th goal I counted 9 big sneezes in succession. Have used up all my lemsips. etc., and am taking the knockout drops (Drambuie) to put me to sleep. Christ, I hope I can make it on Tuesday!!!!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 22:02   #6

just one word.... brilliant!!
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 22:19   #7
Senior Member+

Absolute top class
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 22:25   #8
Junior Member+

WOT A WIN!!!! dident think anyone had a bad game today for us.. all we need now is a win on tuesday to keep the pressure on everyone around us.....COME ON U REDS!!!!!!!!!!!
Ant04@stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 22:44   #9
I am Banned

Mark this date in red on your calendar, Ladies and Gentlemen, and write "Henry Morton agreed with everything that Kipax said on the subject today".

You've got it spot on , Mr.K .

I was very, very impressed today with Accrington Stanley's performance on the field (so, too, was Mr.Fairclough as he left it).

Somebody has criticised the officials. Not I . From the first couple of minutes it was clear that the robust [McEvillesque] style would be acceptable to the Men In Black, after which the Southern Softies Seemed Somewhat Subdued .

The style of officiality was certainly to Stanley's advantage. Nice change, eh ?
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 23:13   #10

Henry i hope you are refering to barnet when you were talking about southern softies
Old 19-02-2005, 23:17   #11

One word: Marvelous.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2005, 09:40   #12
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Jaggers & Flits

couldent agree more, jaggers was fantastic today, for me rory just pipped him for man of the match, evil was fantastic again, well done lads!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..