Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2014, 08:24   #31
Senior Member+

Re: James Beattie's last game in charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
BBC radio oxford reporting beattie has been interviewed?

BBC got it wrong?

Tisdale | Yellows Forum - Oxford United (OUFC) fans forum
DAV007 nip down to Qegs and pull JB's shorts down and you'll see he's got Stanley tattooed on his balls...he's going nowhere soon till he's completed the incredible journey he's on with his squad....I'll have a Madras please.
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2014, 10:02   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
BBC radio oxford reporting beattie has been interviewed?

BBC got it wrong?

Tisdale | Yellows Forum - Oxford United (OUFC) fans forum
No the BBC have correctly reported, You Davo as per usual have got it wrong!
smobile likes this.
Old 21-03-2014, 10:03   #33
Senior Member+

Well hes definately not going anywhere today. A few of us got to have a cuppa with him in Cuppa Cabana this morning and he was totally focused on tomorrow (and his butty! Lol)
cashman likes this.
Old 21-03-2014, 11:09   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Well hes definately not going anywhere today. A few of us got to have a cuppa with him in Cuppa Cabana this morning and he was totally focused on tomorrow (and his butty! Lol)
Yep i notice this idiot "Anonstan" aint returned to gloat.
Old 21-03-2014, 15:18   #35
Senior Member+

Hot news! A mate who knows a builder who has done some work for the uncle of one of the programme sellers at Plymouth tells me that John Sheridan is up for the Oxford job.
Old 21-03-2014, 17:15   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Hot news! A mate who knows a builder who has done some work for the uncle of one of the programme sellers at Plymouth tells me that John Sheridan is up for the Oxford job.
How longs DAV been selling Plymouths programmes?
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 22-03-2014, 07:53   #37
Senior Member+

1. I misread the oxford thread, sorry.
2. Despite a disastrous start James Beattie has turned us into a half decent team and the prospects for 2014/15 look promising (provide we stay up).
3. James Beattie is learning on the job; he has been given then 2013/14 season to learn at the expense the club, maybe he should show is gratitude for being given the opportunity by sticking with the club for 2014/15?
I hope he does.
He has proven me wrong, and he will continue to improve as a manager and his team will continue to benefit from such improvement.

The biggest question and problem at the club continues to be the gates and finances.
If we cant attract substantial gates in the the football league, will we ever?

This may not go down well with all the supporters, but hopefully one of our rising stars like Aldred will get the attention of a bigger club a division or two higher up and can attract a decent transfer fee to kelp keep the cash flowing.
Old 22-03-2014, 08:49   #38

If Stanley win today they will be 8 points or less off a play off place - Now that would be a feather in Beatie's cap
Old 22-03-2014, 09:16   #39

Might have been answered elsewhere - but how close is he to getting his coaching qualification?
Old 22-03-2014, 09:59   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Might have been answered elsewhere - but how close is he to getting his coaching qualification?
Very close he told me yesterday morning.dont panic.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:15   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
1. I misread the oxford thread, sorry.
2. Despite a disastrous start James Beattie has turned us into a half decent team and the prospects for 2014/15 look promising (provide we stay up).
3. James Beattie is learning on the job; he has been given then 2013/14 season to learn at the expense the club, maybe he should show is gratitude for being given the opportunity by sticking with the club for 2014/15?
I hope he does.
He has proven me wrong, and he will continue to improve as a manager and his team will continue to benefit from such improvement.

The biggest question and problem at the club continues to be the gates and finances.
If we cant attract substantial gates in the the football league, will we ever?

This may not go down well with all the supporters, but hopefully one of our rising stars like Aldred will get the attention of a bigger club a division or two higher up and can attract a decent transfer fee to kelp keep the cash flowing.
Dav, Stanley will always be a selling club, unless we do a Wigan Athletic and get a meteoric rise through the leagues and end up with a new ground holding 25,000 and be better than Rovers and t'Dingles.
one thing I do like, is the number of players on 2 year contracts, so that even if clubs come sniffing in the summer, they are going to have to fork out a fee for those players. Would also like to see Lee Molyneux return to the club, but big question is, will Crewe let him go. It is obvious that BT manages to get the best out of him. Would also like to keep Marcus Bettenelli, but that is definitely not going to happen, so the search will be on for a goalie in the summer.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 22-03-2014, 11:22   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Stanley will never attract enough people through the gates to sustain, everyone wi any oil in there lamp knows that Dav, The answer must be in the commercial field to sustain us, its the only way imho. not n easy task, but one that must be better explored.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:51   #43

We have coming through the youth set up a number of exciting players with sell on potential
who might comand a fee , sell on clause etc, our revenue from this avenue is a must and any ideas of raising money among supporters should be invested in this project.
we have tried cheap tickets for games etc has not worked at all , 1600 crowd at a knock down price for the cardiff game. Its time to say look every game £17 and £12 and thats it.
Old 22-03-2014, 12:15   #44
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Consistency & winning, without these there'll never be the desire amongst the locals & those further afield to continually turn to, lay out hard earned cash & support the club to the utmost!

A true, if somewhat bitter fact unfortunately.
Old 22-03-2014, 12:35   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Dav, Stanley will always be a selling club, unless we do a Wigan Athletic and get a meteoric rise through the leagues and end up with a new ground holding 25,000 and be better than Rovers and t'Dingles.
one thing I do like, is the number of players on 2 year contracts, so that even if clubs come sniffing in the summer, they are going to have to fork out a fee for those players. Would also like to see Lee Molyneux return to the club, but big question is, will Crewe let him go. It is obvious that BT manages to get the best out of him. Would also like to keep Marcus Bettenelli, but that is definitely not going to happen, so the search will be on for a goalie in the summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Stanley will never attract enough people through the gates to sustain, everyone wi any oil in there lamp knows that Dav, The answer must be in the commercial field to sustain us, its the only way imho. not n easy task, but one that must be better explored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley nick View Post
We have coming through the youth set up a number of exciting players with sell on potential
who might comand a fee , sell on clause etc, our revenue from this avenue is a must and any ideas of raising money among supporters should be invested in this project.
we have tried cheap tickets for games etc has not worked at all , 1600 crowd at a knock down price for the cardiff game. Its time to say look every game £17 and £12 and thats it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Consistency & winning, without these there'll never be the desire amongst the locals & those further afield to continually turn to, lay out hard earned cash & support the club to the utmost!

A true, if somewhat bitter fact unfortunately.

Nothing much to add to those answers, apart from putting my £2 on the lottery, thought there's more chance of the FA sharing out the greed money fairer

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..