Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2015, 09:26   #1
God Member

James Gray

... arrested for drink driving
Old 03-11-2015, 09:36   #2
Senior Member+

Re: James Gray

He was arrested at 9:30am on the way to training!

Makes you wonder, Was he intoxicated the whole way through is Stanley career?

Hope he gets help and is able to get off the drink and help him stay on his feet during games!
Old 03-11-2015, 10:34   #3
Full Member+

O dear , what a silly lad.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:51   #4
God Member

Sounds like maybe he'd been out the night before & the alcohol was still in his system, silly lad but not the first to be caught out like that
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 13:59   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Sounds like maybe he'd been out the night before & the alcohol was still in his system, silly lad but not the first to be caught out like that
Thats probably what the score is, Happened to guy on Little Blackburn Rd years ago, They gotta have a reason to stop yeh in the first place though.
Old 03-11-2015, 14:06   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats probably what the score is, Happened to guy on Little Blackburn Rd years ago, They gotta have a reason to stop yeh in the first place though.
Dodgy haircut maybe??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 15:21   #7
God Member

Quote:
Dodgy haircut maybe??
More likely the Alice band.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:07   #8
God Member

Quote:
there but for the grace of god etc. probably most of us have been in this position.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:28   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
They gotta have a reason to stop yeh in the first place though.
No they don't, Cashy - as long as they haven't stopped you for the specific and pre-decided purpose of breathalyzing you .........In theory a Police Officer can stop you to ask what the time is, and if he then smells alcohol on you (and you're driving, attempting to drive or "in charge") he can require you to take a test

Random STOPS are lawful; random TESTS are not
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:18   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
No they don't, Cashy - as long as they haven't stopped you for the specific and pre-decided purpose of breathalyzing you .........In theory a Police Officer can stop you to ask what the time is, and if he then smells alcohol on you (and you're driving, attempting to drive or "in charge") he can require you to take a test

Random STOPS are lawful; random TESTS are not
Aye in theory, never aware of it though? The guy i was on about in accy was stopped going to work, cos he had a brake light out. They then can easily say, I think i smell alcohol, have to ask yeh to take a test.
Old 05-11-2015, 13:00   #11
Senior Member+

Round Preston they used to do it routinely every Christmas; funnel the traffic, speak to every driver, and any they smelled alcohol on got tested. Perfectly lawful. Normally the vehicle has to attract an Offiecr's attention before they engage with the driver.

"Morning after" tests and convictions are very common indeed ....which makes you wonder, given the average alcohol dispersal rate, just how ratted the driver was at the end of the previous night's drinking session
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 13:11   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The guy i was on about had a few no doubt, but stopped drinking and went home approx 10-00, thinking he would be fine in the morning, just shows to me it aint worth the risk.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:15   #13
God Member

Quote:
The guy i was on about had a few no doubt, but stopped drinking and went home approx 10-00, thinking he would be fine in the morning, just shows to me it aint worth the risk.
I bet he felt stone cold sober when he set off as well. don't like these morning breath tests. I know there,s some out there who like an alcoholic drink with their cornflakes so there must be a way to differentiat between the two. I once drove a mate of mine up to Scotland with his kids after a 10 hour driving shift and come strait back home. I imagine my reactions would have been more impaired than the guy above. as my old man said to me nearly 50 years ago when I past my driving test, welcolm to the criminal classes.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..