Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2006, 23:45   #31
God Member

Re: Jim Harvey

Oh come on...Twissy is a bit of a lard arse.

Do we have good enough players?
Of course we do. But we want MORE!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-05-2006, 08:17   #32

Twiss would be a good signing, he might have a dodgey haircut, and be a bit of a lard arse, but your bound to score goals with him in the team
Also, can you imagine the Mullin-Twiss partnership ?
Old 18-05-2006, 12:22   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMonkey
Twiss would be a good signing, he might have a dodgey haircut, and be a bit of a lard arse, but your bound to score goals with him in the team
Also, can you imagine the Mullin-Twiss partnership ?
Not really, one hard working player with a cracking header playing alongside the laziest player in the Conference? Not convinced myself...

Don't get me wrong, Twiss is talented, but he's really, really lazy.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 17:08   #34
Senior Member+

I'd have Perkins in my team, He has great feet and doesn't stop running, he was the only player that stood out from the Morecambe team that got beat at accy, gave it his all throughout the 90 and would be a top addition to our squad.
Old 19-05-2006, 08:30   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Not really, one hard working player with a cracking header playing alongside the laziest player in the Conference? Not convinced myself...
I really can' see where you have got that from. When we played them a there place, if you watch the highlights on conferencefootball.tv you will see that every move Morcambe was involved in, he had a massive part to play, and in that game, with the ball, never stopped running.
I still belive he WOULD have been a quality signing, but with his new contract signed, not a chance now
Old 19-05-2006, 12:59   #36

Quote:
I really can' see where you have got that from. When we played them a there place, if you watch the highlights on conferencefootball.tv you will see that every move Morcambe was involved in, he had a massive part to play, and in that game, with the ball, never stopped running.
I still belive he WOULD have been a quality signing, but with his new contract signed, not a chance now
Are you sure you're not thinking of Perkins? Twiss is bloody lazy, I've seen him play a few times, and he's never majorly impressed me. Perkins on the other hand...

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
Old 19-05-2006, 13:12   #37
God Member

Sammy McIlroy has been appointed the new manager at Morecambe, so much for some of their fans saying McIlroy wouldn't take the job because of the way Jim Harvey was treated and McIlroy and Harvey being such good mates
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 21:29   #38
Senior Member+

You took the words right out of my keyboard AccyMad

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 06:41   #39

Im not sure, i saw Perkins at our gaff, and he WAS lightning, but i really cant see Coley signing anyone from this league, he is looking higher ...
Old 20-05-2006, 07:47   #40
God Member

I'd have Perkins. What would we nickname him Dorothy or Travis.......?
Old 20-05-2006, 11:37   #41
God Member

I think 'Polly' suits him just fine.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 12:07   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Im not sure, i saw Perkins at our gaff, and he WAS lightning, but i really cant see Coley signing anyone from this league, he is looking higher ...
Coley says in the Observer hes in advanced stages of talks with two midfielders...one from a league 1 club and another from the Conference
Old 20-05-2006, 12:49   #43

According to our local Press Gary Thompson has been made an offer by Coley to join you guys in your first season in the league.

Can't see Thommo joining now that Samy Mc is on board. Same applies to Bury who have also made an offer.

The lad you have signed comes well recommended I understand. A replacement for 'superstar' Craney?
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 13:09   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child
According to our local Press Gary Thompson has been made an offer by Coley to join you guys in your first season in the league.

Can't see Thommo joining now that Samy Mc is on board. Same applies to Bury who have also made an offer.

The lad you have signed comes well recommended I understand. A replacement for 'superstar' Craney?
Nice try there, except the lad we've signed plays on either flank, or up front. Craney plays in the middle, so wouldn't be much of a replacement

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
Old 20-05-2006, 13:37   #45
Senior Member+

Thommo won't be joining but we did make an offer for him but he snubbed us and Bury, he wants to make the big time with Morecambe:

http://www.thelancasterandmorecambec..._gigg_pain.php

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..