Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2009, 10:03   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Jimmy confident of three wins in row

It didn't look possible, with Stanley's form, but they did it and against two teams that the sharp end, well done
Old 26-03-2009, 22:13   #17
Senior Member+

Burnley FC forum from footymad.net

Looking through the Burnley forum for some strange reason! but i seen this
Burnley FC forum from footymad.net
also mentions Chris Turner who is destined for big things! Which i agree i think he will go alot higher! Just shows that news is getting around of our players

Also they talk about eric selling
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php...mid=2126473905

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

Last edited by MCR ADIM; 26-03-2009 at 22:15.
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 22:19   #18
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

They have a decent young winger called Chris Turner who has recently broken into the side, who looks destined for bigger things.. they can their hands off our Chris and jimmy
Old 26-03-2009, 22:22   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
They have a decent young winger called Chris Turner who has recently broken into the side, who looks destined for bigger things.. they can their hands off our Chris and jimmy
not to worry mab, what do dingle fans know about football? they will obviously be ignored.
Old 26-03-2009, 22:46   #20
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
not to worry mab, what do dingle fans know about football? they will obviously be ignored.
hope your right cashy lets hope both players sign on the................line sooner rather than latter

Last edited by mab; 26-03-2009 at 22:48.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 23:02   #21
Senior Member+

Finger's crossed that they will and other players will do aswell! The team we have now has alot of potential as we have shown we can win games, just need to keep the team together.

Old 26-03-2009, 23:15   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Finger's crossed that they will and other players will do aswell! The team we have now has alot of potential as we have shown we can win games, just need to keep the team together.
agree potential is there, still feel though need 3 poss 4 more good uns to build a squad capable of sustaining a promotion push, need to shut those that aren't up to it though.injuries plus suspensions etc decimate a team that aint quite strong enough IMHO.
Old 26-03-2009, 23:18   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
'They have a decent young winger called Chris Turner who has recently broken into the side, who looks destined for bigger things.. '
They seem oblivious to the fact that Chris was a Dingles player until they released him back in 2006. Their loss, our gain!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 23:25   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
agree potential is there, still feel though need 3 poss 4 more good uns to build a squad capable of sustaining a promotion push, need to shut those that aren't up to it though.injuries plus suspensions etc decimate a team that aint quite strong enough IMHO.
I agree, would be great to get Lindfield back on a season long loan! Think he has done great since being here and has silenced some of his critics. He works very hard! If we could get another striker like him and also have Mullin than that be great. But i have alot of faith that Coley and Jimmy will already be looking at players for next season and will bring in some great people. If they are anything like Jimmy than we are onto great things! Got a good feeling about next season!

Old 26-03-2009, 23:26   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
They seem oblivious to the fact that Chris was a Dingles player until they released him back in 2006. Their loss, our gain!
Quote:
I REST MY CASE.
Old 26-03-2009, 23:28   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I agree, would be great to get Lindfield back on a season long loan! Think he has done great since being here and has silenced some of his critics. He works very hard! If we could get another striker like him and also have Mullin than that be great. But i have alot of faith that Coley and Jimmy will already be looking at players for next season and will bring in some great people. If they are anything like Jimmy than we are onto great things! Got a good feeling about next season!
Why dya think cashy bought a season ticket a couple of weeks ago.
Old 27-03-2009, 07:25   #27
God Member

Smile Re: Jimmy confident of three wins in row

Quote:

Agree with you on this MCR Might even be able to sign him up fer nowt, he is only a Liverpool youngster and they do not bring that many through. We need another good striker for next season - one who can score from 2 yards, like Ian Rush and we do need something else for midfield as we do not have too many options to swap it around.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 08:10   #28
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Agree with you on this MCR Might even be able to sign him up fer nowt, he is only a Liverpool youngster and they do not bring that many through. We need another good striker for next season - one who can score from 2 yards, like Ian Rush and we do need something else for midfield as we do not have too many options to swap it around.
Think i read it somewhere that we were Craigs last chance at league football,wheather thats true or not its anyones guess,so you might be right and get him either on a seaon long loan deal or sign craig for nowt,you can't fault his commitment that he shows on the pitch week in week out. We have agood young strike force at the moment and are geling well,few more goals will do their confidence and the team a world of good,so if we can sign the lad and the playoffs would be in our sights next season
Old 27-03-2009, 08:42   #29
God Member

Quote:
Think i read it somewhere that we were Craigs last chance at league football,wheather thats true or not its anyones guess,so you might be right and get him either on a seaon long loan deal or sign craig for nowt,you can't fault his commitment that he shows on the pitch week in week out. We have agood young strike force at the moment and are geling well,few more goals will do their confidence and the team a world of good,so if we can sign the lad and the playoffs would be in our sights next season
Yeah Mab, think I have read that somewhere as well, and agree his work rate is fantastic, and I do believe that he can only get better, I also like the way he always acknowledges the crowd when he walks on/off pitch (I personally really like that in a player) If possible would defo keep/sign him.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..