Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 14:44   #1
Junior Member+

Jimmy Ryan - AFCB

Hi all,

AFC Bournemouth fan in peace here.

Lots of rumours linking us to Jimmy Ryan, who I see is out of contract this summer. Any news of it round your way?

I've had a quick google and see he's been linked with Zaragoza, so don't fancy our chances, but we're in the market for a midfield as everyone expects Marc Pugh to be on his way to either Burnley or Leeds for the best part of £1m.

Symes has settled in well at Dean Court and apparently he and Ryan and pretty good pals.
tindallshairband is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2011, 14:56   #2

Re: Jimmy Ryan - AFCB

He's also rumoured to join pretty much every other club in League 1 & 2.

Could well end up with you but there is nothing in particular to link him with Bournemouth I wouldn't think.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 15:09   #3
Junior Member+

What kind of midfielder is he? Is he an out and out winger?

We're looking to plug a few gaps, especially in midfield and our chairman said he's aiming to tie up 3 'big deals' next week.
Old 05-06-2011, 15:19   #4
God Member

he's more of an attacking midfielder that could play in pretty much any position, although for me he's better through the middle. Likes to play very direct, he gets on the ball and drives through the opposition. If he didn't play football he'd be useful at Amercian Football for yardage!

Wherever he ends up will have a bargain, though you won't get him for nowt. He will command a fee under the Bosman doo-dah and it could be argued that it should be sizeable given how many clubs are supposedly looking at him, and the fact that we have developed him beyond all recognition after being discarded by Liverpool and Shrewsbury. 3 years of almost every game, 30 odd goals (mostly screamers) should mean that we get around half of the 750k that Jimmy Bell wants for him.

If he isn't going to sign the new contract then I hope that his agent is doing the right thing by him and touting him around properly. The more clubs that offer him a deal, the better a deal we'll get. I also hope that we really did offer him a cracking new contract to stay, as the deal on the table (assuming there is one) is king when the tribunal look at a settlement for him. If we offer him a fiver a week extra then we'll get next to nowt, if we have offered a 3 year deal on £3k a week then we'll get big bucks.
Old 05-06-2011, 15:32   #5
Junior Member+

Cheers for the replies.

We signed Pugh from Hereford in a similar deal last summer, with the tribunal setting the fee at £100k in instalments and a chunk of anything more than that we sell him for. Hopefully we'll keep hold of him this summer, but our ex-boss Eddie Howe is keen to take him up north.

From what I've heard about Jimmy Ryan I'd love to bring him to AFCB, as it sounds like he plays football 'the right way'.
Old 05-06-2011, 16:51   #6
Resting in Peace

He is a gem, and I wouldn't be surprised if a Championship club came in for him.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 18:45   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindallshairband View Post
as everyone expects Marc Pugh to be on his way to either Burnley or Leeds for the best part of £1m.

Who's everyone ? On that basis Jimmy Ryan should command a few million from the tribunal
Old 06-06-2011, 07:35   #8
Junior Member+

It's just general rumours down here. He's been linked to Burnley for a while and with Eddie How managing the club and Pugh being a Burnley fan, there's likely to be some substance in it. From what I hear, the Leeds bid is dependent on Snodgrass going.

If there's no bidding war, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for closer to £600k which might price us out of a move for Jimmy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..