Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2012, 13:56   #1
Senior Member+

Jon Bateson

Released by Macc. I for one would like to see him back at the Crown.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-05-2012, 14:27   #2
Resting In Peace

Re: Jon Bateson

I think he only played about a dozen league games for Macc last season, so unless he was injured, if he is not good enough for a relegated team then he is not good enough for Stanley
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 15:16   #3
Senior Member+

I would also have him back, good quality at Right Back.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 15:21   #4
Senior Member+

great player,so unlucky its untrue.
At Acci - playing well,gets sent off,team goes on a run to the play-offs,loses his place
At Macc - playing well,prem teams come sniffing around a young lad (who in my opinion wasnt as good as jon)and again loses out.
His lucky must change soon,although i wouldnt let him pick my lottery numbers
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 20:20   #5

Jonathan played 30 matches for Macclesfield in League and cup, but never played more than 6 on the bounce before being left out again. As F19 says, Macc were so desperate to sell their young starlet (Elliot Hewitt) in January that Jon was dropped to allow the lad to play in front of the watching Prem scouts. Nothing came of it other than Jons confidence taking a hit.

He's pretty cheesed off with football at the moment and just doesn't seem to have had much luck. In 3 seasons, he's played under 7 managers!! He's still managed to play 79 games in those 3 seasons though, so I'm hoping he'll get a chance somewhere else, maybe in the BSP.

I'm know he'd jump at the chance of a return to Stanley, He never fully understood why he was frozen out by John Coleman after such a good start. I'd love it as well. I've mentioned on this forum before that his time at Stanley was the best I've had watching him play.

Last edited by Larry Lobster; 22-05-2012 at 20:22.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 20:49   #6
Senior Member+

Think I mentioned before,Jon would suit cookys style of play and what folk don't realise he's a very very good centre back as well
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 21:00   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Think I mentioned before,Jon would suit cookys style of play and what folk don't realise he's a very very good centre back as well
I agree with that. I could even see him working well in a Proccy role.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 21:11   #8
Resting in Peace

A good attacking wing back too!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 21:26   #9
God Member

Certainly worth a look.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 11:52   #10
God Member

[quote=Larry Lobster;993424]He never fully understood why he was frozen out by John Coleman after such a good start.

He wasn't the only one.
But now Professor Coleman has gone and is collecting his favourites elsewhere, it may be a good oportunity to give the lad another chance with Stanley.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 13:06   #11
Senior Member+

Totally agree Exile !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..