Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2004, 08:29   #1

Keeper???

Why r we keeping Ikeme in the net when he has conceded seven goals in his last two games. Surley Allcok was better? does nayone know if the Statement "If we want to kepp him we have to play him" is true?

If so i think we should send him back and get somebody else in on loan!!!
:engsmil: 4-4-2 is the future :engsmil:
Stanleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2004, 09:33   #2
I am Banned

Re: Keeper???

Please before making statements, checks the facts!

The Conference rules state a loan period is for a MINIMUM of 28 days.

Also there are other various rules about loans, including the main one that only 8 per season. We have had 4 already ( Bimson, Gerrard, Banim, & Ikeme)

The season is only 3 months old, so the management team have to be careful about future loan signings, otherwise we will use our quota before Christmas.
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:48   #3

The thing about playing him is correct as mentioned before somewhere, but I asked before and I've seen him play two or 3 times now has anyone seen him make a proper save because I haven't hehehehe
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:37   #4

As far as I am aware, most clubs will only loan payers out to get regular matches, or there would be no point. The clubs will problably have specified that clause in the loan agreement. As we do not now have an understudy goalkeeper, Danny Alcock will have to be it, so that Ikeme can get the number of agreed first team games.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:11   #5

well can you complain about bringing in loaners and then putting them on the bench, then complain about them not being good enough?
Old 05-11-2004, 12:17   #6

Thumbs down Re: Keeper???

Ikeme needs confidence. once he has it he will become more structured within the squad. - why don't we loan Maik Taylor 4 the rest of the season
Old 05-11-2004, 13:26   #7
Senior Member+

Because he plays first team football for Birmingham City.

Ikeme I feel looks good, but I feel Danny deserves a chance and a run in the team whilst JK is out. He looked very good in the Hereford game.
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 14:19   #8
Junior Member+

I feel IKEME can produce into a top shotstopper - GIVE HIM COUPLE MORE GAMES

' Legends can only make themselves '
MarioK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 20:55   #9

Have we got a couple of games spare to give Ikeme the chance?????
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 17:25   #10
I am Banned

T'was Ikeme's last game for stanley today but coley said that he's having talks with wolves to try and keep him a bit longer. if not he said he'd bring someone else in
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 21:09   #11

I think that from what i have seen of danny allcock and of Ikeme i rate danny allcock the better of the two as in a goal keeper i think that one of the most impotant qualities they should have is to plough confidnce i9n the back line and after seeing ikeme he seems to spill the ball too much when catching but luckily re-catches i just think this is a fault in his game were as allcok seems more confindent
Old 08-11-2004, 09:57   #12
God Member

Danny Allcock did look the more confident of the two to me although who knows what being put back on the bench after the Hereford game has done to that confidence, the fact is we need 2 keepers - it's just a shame that the on-loan one is the one we have to play every match.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:08   #13

he only spills the ball to test our a***s!, ikeme is young and has grown into a confident lad while getting fost team games, although he is a big lad and imposes himself well, i think he lacks the agility, danny had when he were in t'reserves earlier in't'season

Last edited by knowsthescore; 08-11-2004 at 15:27. Reason: cock up
knowsthescore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:24   #14
Full Member+

danny wasn't in t'reserves last year
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 15:28   #15

but he has been this season

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..