Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2011, 15:26   #1

Kempson & Rochdale

get ready for it all chaps,
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2011, 17:02   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Kempson & Rochdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
get ready for it all chaps,
Since they've just sacked Steve Eyre their manager (after a whole 6 months!) who's going to deal with signing Kempo?
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 18:16   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Since they've just sacked Steve Eyre their manager (after a whole 6 months!) who's going to deal with signing Kempo?
Who cares?
Old 19-12-2011, 20:26   #4

Coly and Jim are favourites to go to dale hope not .
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 20:29   #5
Senior Member+

Heard it all before, will they have the money to buy out their contracts?

Not a chance.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 21:05   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

More chance of me grimps.
Old 20-12-2011, 09:19   #7
Senior Member+

Kempo has had his contract terminated at Grimsby,wonder if hes being lined up as a replacement for Longy if he returns to Burnley in january??,
Think he played his best football under Coley
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 09:35   #8
God Member

For my money Kempson is a good rugged defender suited to a poor and struggling team, the type of guy you'd want in the trenches with you. But when they run off at the first sight of a few extra pieces of silver then it says a lot about their character.
Old 20-12-2011, 17:48   #9
God Member

I don't think Kempson would get within sniffing distance of our first eleven. I'd rather have Murphy, Bender, even Procter start ahead of him at centre-half in Longy's absence. Our game has developed well beyond his capabilities since his departure.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 17:52   #10
Senior Member+

Well said shaker.

He was a liability when we had him, and still is.

Does anybody remember Fulham, Lincoln, Torquay, Northampton????? Obviously not !
Old 21-12-2011, 09:15   #11
Senior Member+

Bit harsh that smudgie,just think we dont have a big strong CB to replace Long.All the others are similar,ie decent on the ball,good readers of the game etc.. but not really physically imposing,which sometimes you need
Old 21-12-2011, 17:09   #12
Senior Member+

Not harsh at all, Blue Square Premier defender. Simple
Old 21-12-2011, 22:06   #13
God Member

I don't necessarily buy into the idea that a combination of two differently skilled centre halves are required for a successful defensive partnership. Tom Bender for instance has aerial presence, good positioning and seems to know where to put the ball. That's not to mention enthusiasm in abundance. With experienced Hessey beside him and perhaps some reigning in, I'm sure he could fill the Long role given the chance.

Agree with Smudgie, Kempson is not of Football League standard for me.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 12:03   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker;957298[I
]...even Procter start ahead of him at centre-half in Longy's absence.....[/I]
I've often wondered whether anyone else thinks the Doctor might make a useful centre half, if only as a stand-in. He's not beefy, but is tall, can head the ball, and is not frightened of tackling. Being centre half might also suit his eccentric passing abilities.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 14:31   #15
Senior Member+

I just can't get my head around the comments about young Bender being a replacement for long. Hes a young lad,only played one game for us,been loaned out by an average first division team. Imho he's way off being a cb at this level, maybe a fullback but not a cb.
Remember the kid from everton the other year ?, came with a name and was quickly dispatched . There's not many teenage cb,s at this level because they get found out as there still growing,filling out and a bit green. I would judge him as a cb when he's around 21-22,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..