Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2012, 18:40   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Late Dagenham Thread

Tony Roberts is about 150, and he's still registered for the Daggers despite being the Arsenal youth goalkeeping coach!
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2012, 18:42   #17
God Member

I wondered when somebody would spot the number 16 issue

Leam would have to re-register as a player and be given a new squad number.
Old 24-03-2012, 19:32   #18

Trying to be fair here, though it isn't easy. Dagenham deserved a point for the way they pushed us back in the second-half. However, the manner of their win sticks in the craw. Their left-winger takes an expertly-crafted dive to win a free-kick on the edge of the box; our protests succeed in ratcheting up the atmosphere to the extent that they successfully conspire to get Toto sent off for nothing but a bit of 50-50 jostling. The free-kick, when it is eventually taken, produces the winner. As posters have already mentioned, this happens after we have been reduced to three defenders, with two stretchered off. Coid's looked to be a 50-50 with no blame attached. Didn't see the Kiernan incident, though he knew right away that he'd done some damage. All this may obscure the fact that Stanley were in total control in the first-half and deserved their lead - Bobby Grant beautifully curled in a shot from the edge of the box, illustrating the quality that can make all the difference at this level. Second-half we were made to play on the counter but even so had a great chance for 2-0 shortly before their equaliser. All in all, a bitterly disappointing outcome that wasn't deserved. All the same, good to have the Ultras back with us and in good voice.

Have a good evening everyone
Phil
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 23:57   #19
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyGsStanleyUltras View Post
What happens Tuesday night, what with the loan rules and injuries we'll have to play with youth lads??
Let's face it.... we ain't going up and were safe ( unless the sides at the bottom suddenly get promotion form !!! )

I'd say blood a few of the kids between now and the end of the season....let's see what they've got !!! It's also a time for the fringe players to prove to Cooky their worth...When big Kurtis is fit....give the lad a couple of starts / games!!!

I'd imagine Cooky is now getting a picture of who and what needs altering / replacing !!! And I dare say Cooky will have a few lads who ply their trade in Ireland in mind !!! Time for some to step up to the plate and prove they merit a place in Cooky's plans for next term !!!

Opportunity knocks !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 00:59   #20
Senior Member+

Bring on Hughie Green!
Old 25-03-2012, 07:08   #21
Resting in Peace

Good interview with Cooky on fishy. Impresses me every time.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 08:39   #22
Senior Member+

Is Leams number not 13? I seem to remember him joking about it earlier in the season.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 09:09   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Is Leams number not 13? I seem to remember him joking about it earlier in the season.
It was last season, definately WAS 16 this season. The fishy site now has him down without a squad number
Old 25-03-2012, 14:33   #24
Senior Member+

Well my view.......... Rather late. Just on the train back after spending the weekend down there.

The game for me really was deja vu from the Morecambe game. 1st 45 minutes we could have been out of sight, totally dominated the game.

2nd half again the complete opposite, Devitt & Grant start running out of steam so we do, simple really. Up to then Devitt was my MOM, he really was a class apart.

Must admit I feel massively sorry for Cooky and Leam. After 2-3 years of hardly any injuries they have all come at once, in the same positions. Absolute nightmare.

For me Leam, has to play... he is still capable of playing at full back, if he's fit that is???
Willis will also come into the side, who no doubt has talent, from what I have seen of him.

Murphy to Center Back, with Willis then...... god knows.???
Will be an interesting side on Tuesday that's for sure.

Fell so sorry for Coidy, just as he starts getting a decent run in the side

Come on the Reds.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 18:39   #25
Senior Member+

................ oh and a quick mention for the Daggers fans.

Very welcoming and showed their class when applauding Coidy off on the stretcher.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..