Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 10:10   #46
Super Moderator

Re: Lazarus Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton View Post
What's happened to the good people of the football club I love?
I'll tell you exactly what's happened to them, Henry. They've been treated like dirt by the people who run the football club they also love. They've been misled, fed false promises, taken for granted, kept in the dark and their heartfelt passion has been totally abused. Given those circumstances, even the most decent human beings will react badly and that's what's happening now.

As for the hapless Marcelle, her intentions were probably good, but she was obviously totally unsuited for the role. The fact that she got the job in the first place says a lot about the judgement of the person who appointed her!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:54   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I'll tell you exactly what's happened to them, Henry. They've been treated like dirt by the people who run the football club they also love. They've been misled, fed false promises, taken for granted, kept in the dark and their heartfelt passion has been totally abused. Given those circumstances, even the most decent human beings will react badly and that's what's happening now.

As for the hapless Marcelle, her intentions were probably good, but she was obviously totally unsuited for the role. The fact that she got the job in the first place says a lot about the judgement of the person who appointed her!
well said,perfectly true, None so blind as those who will not see.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:55   #48
Senior Member+

Adios !,

Would like D'ON to walk now.
Rob can stay, after all he does for the club he has been a loyal servant and was only doing his job at the end of the day.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 13:16   #49
Senior Member+

AT least thats 1 gone!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:37   #50

more on why she left here:

Marcelle Lazarus stands down from Accrington Stanley | The Jewish Chronicle

shakes head in disbelief
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:46   #51
God Member

cracking thrupennies
Old 11-11-2009, 11:05   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

apart from no money its hard to give a reason fer what she actually acheived.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:05   #53
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Lazarus, 47, joined the club in July and played a key role in keeping the team’s afloat as they faced a race against time to pay an outstanding tax bill.
I've no idea what key role she played and I don't think anybody else knows.

Quote:
“I’ve been approached by another club and definitely want to stay involved in football. It’s my life.”
Maybe she is going to play a key role in keeping Chester City afloat
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:15   #54
Resting In Peace

In this article football is her life
Quote:
“I’ve been approached by another club and definitely want to stay involved in football. It’s my life.”
In this article she is not a mad football fan
Quote:
“I do check the scores on Sky News every weekend because I want to see the players doing well but, to be honest with you, I'm not a mad football fan. People get so obsessed with football it's unbelievable.”
Full article
Quote:
Ignorance is just bliss for Mrs Lazarus

Last updated: 14/08/2009 10:29:00

Football hooligans? Well, there are 92 club chairmen for a start. So went Brian Clough's view on football club chairmen. Len Shackleton left a blank page in his autobiography for a chapter entitled: What Chairmen Know About Football.

Wonder how they'd have tackled one Marcelle Lazarus, the 47-year-old businesswoman who is at the helm of Accrington Stanley.

Before we have a look at Lazarus, let's make one thing clear: this isn't about the ability of a woman to be the chairperson of a football club. It is nothing to do with her gender. It's to do with her knowledge of football - and whether she needs to do some homework.

“I do check the scores on Sky News every weekend because I want to see the players doing well but, to be honest with you, I'm not a mad football fan. People get so obsessed with football it's unbelievable.”

Like the 699 Norwich fans who were at Yeovil on Tuesday, three days after seeing their side beaten 7-1 at home?

And then there's her master-plan for making the Crown Ground, Accrington, THE place to be for Premier League players and managers - because she flogs them the mobile telephones which have to be surgically removed from their ears before they can go out on to the pitch.

“I'm friendly with quite a lot of players and managers from other clubs and I'd like to see them come to visit Accrington. I've already had a word with a few of them and I'm hopeful it will happen. They would just come as our guests on match days - and watch a game at Accrington Stanley.

“It would be good publicity for us, and for Accrington fans, they can meet players from the Premier League.”

I really can't work out whether she is brilliant or barking - up the wrong tree. Lazarus was appointed because of her commercial skills and her contacts book: her job, presumably, also to bring in new business interests.

“There is an awful lot of potential at this club. I would like to see Accrington run as a Premier League club - but to a smaller level.”

I'm thinking here that she needs to be a bit more ambitious, because Wayne and Coleen aren't going to watch League Two football every time they pop out for a cocktail and lager shandy.

Of course, there is a price to pay for over-ambition. Take Mike Ashley, who has failed miserably to turn his personal business profits into a dream at Newcastle and has succeeded only in making them a laughing stock.

Or Michael Knighton, the man who would have been king of Manchester United in 1989 - until his backers dropped out and he was left with just the memory of a decent set of keepy-uppies on the hallowed turf.

He went on to buy Carlisle and in a few years took them from the Fourth Division to the Second Division and then ruined it all when he saw a UFO. His crime was to tell everyone about it.

Then he became Carlisle manager - and guess what, they were relegated.

Perhaps Peter Ridsdale gets the vote, after deciding to fund manager David O'Leary's transfers at Leeds by gambling on future success. It didn't come. Leeds were crippled financially and are now in League One alongside Norwich.

Or perhaps it should be spectacularly misguided American Terry Smith, who bought Chester in 1999 and couldn't resist making himself manager.

A TV documentary showed what the players felt about his methods: they practically laughed out loud. One team talk included the Lord's Prayer. He won four games in four months.

Perhaps Mrs Marcelle Lazarus has got it right. Just admit you don't know much about football - and let those who do get on with it!
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:20   #55

With six bin lids, its a wonder she had time for anything else!
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:05   #56

Give the lady some credit, didn't she organise the Sportsmans Dinner at the Dunkenhalgh. ?????????
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 15:01   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long time red View Post
Give the lady some credit, didn't she organise the Sportsmans Dinner at the Dunkenhalgh. ?????????

I actually laughed out loud!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 15:07   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I actually laughed out loud!!!
did one better i pished meself.
Old 11-11-2009, 15:25   #59

It had the desired affect then.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 16:12   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long time red View Post
It had the desired affect then.
it sure did cheers.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..