Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 09:15   #1

League Charges

Hi, I am an AFC Wimbledon fan and I am gutted to see you may be in the same boat as us. The rules on player registrations are there to protect against cheating and the punishments for cheating are rightly harsh. The problem we have found (and no doubt you will to) is the FA allow no discression between deliberate cheating and a error from which no advantage is gained.
We have been deducted the 18 league points from the 11 league games Jermaine Darlington was involved in before he got booked in his 15th game. The irony that a dirty player would have been spotted sooner is not lost on any of us, especally as the FA rules insist on fair play. We have also been expelled from the FA Trophy and Surrey Senior Cup. As JD played in 3 games of the FAT we lost all the prize money we had earned £12,000.
I don't want to bore you, but if you look at our site http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/ you can see some of the things we have done to raise awareness.
If you want to be treated fairly, you will have to put in a lot of work, don't trust the FA to do the right thing as they are only interested in the Prem.
Good luck - John
johnven is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-03-2007, 09:26   #2
Senior Member+

Re: League Charges

I didnt know about that John,and I'm sorry to here it.How does it effect your league standings? as I know you were doing well,as I keep an eye on your results as you are friends of F.C.United and play us every year.Hope it doesn't stop your push towards football league status.
GOOD LUCK
Old 09-03-2007, 09:39   #3

Thanks, if we lose the appeal we won't go up, but no danger of relegation.
johnven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:09   #4
I am Banned

Its funny that the FA get high & mighty strict on league rules [usually effecting the lower league clubs] yet there are prem players diving all over the show & dubious decisions, yet those are not enforced as much as this. I do think its harsh & picky especially when non premiership are fighting for funds & players with all these restrictions.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:12   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Its funny that the FA get high & mighty strict on league rules [usually effecting the lower league clubs] yet there are prem players diving all over the show & dubious decisions, yet those are not enforced as much as this. I do think its harsh & picky especially when non premiership are fighting for funds & players with all these restrictions.

It's all part of the master plan to rid the game of all but about 20 clubs and give the FA an easy job to do. Thats why they are subsidising admission prices in the Premiership next season.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:37   #6
I am Banned

What get rid of the league 2 or a selection
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 06:41   #7
Senior Member+

Brought this thread back to the top to let folks know that AFC Wimbledon had their points reduction reduced to 3 from 18 by the FA. I know it is the Football League that are charging us, but maybe there is some hope yet!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 13:55   #8
Senior Member+

i heard on the grapevine we are expecting 4 points lost
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..