Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes
  • 12 Post By Jeg Red
  • 9 Post By maccawozzagod
  • 1 Post By Alvin the chipmunk
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By yonmon
  • 8 Post By Redraine
  • 2 Post By Stevo
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2013, 17:14   #1

Leam Richardson

I've had this post written for the past 2 weeks, but haven't wanted to tempt fate and post it - however, now we've assured ourselves from relegation, I'm safe to continue!

During our poor mid season run, I went on record on this forum and posted that I didn't think the manager was up to the job, that I didn't feel he was good enough or had the force of personality to see us safe in the league. I also questioned the leadership in the Board room on being indecisive at that point in time and changing the manager.

I still have some doubts about how the club is being led at Board level, still feel they took the cheap option on appointing Leam in the first place, and feel the only reason they didn't replace him during that run was that we simply couldn't afford to financially.

However, I was wrong about Leam having the managerial ability to keep us in the football league. Every one of his signings has improved the squad. I also questioned the acquisition of Linganzi, based on the limited time I saw him at Blackburn - he has simply been colossal for us. Leam appears to have been able to tap into something to get the best from Molyneux. I also feel that given the number of late goals we've scored recently, the fitness levels and team spirit are high. I do know they work on the positive thinking/psychological side of things a lot with the players.

If I was to be extremely picky, I would add that I'm still not sure what Leam's footballing style philosophy is, and that Hatfield should have got his chance sooner, however, we were in a situation where results were paramount over any pretty football, and I do not want to detract from what an achievement it has been for Leam to have kept us in the division. We may even end up being a reasonable placing, position wise.

For me, Leam deserves the opportunity to continue this good work, try and get more of his own men in during the summer, have his own pre season regime with the players and lets take stock of we are end Oct/early Nov. I've no doubt that this summer will be a normal, difficult'Stanley summer' for the manager, with many of our players being linked with other clubs. Some will sign for other clubs, some will be released, and a plethora of new faces will come and go throughout the pre season period, as the manager wheels and deals to get a squad together.

I was wrong and not afraid to acknowledge I was. Leam's a very young manager in his first job trying to make his way and this experience will only serve him well. And before I, or too many other Stanley fans get too carried away, given our resources and the position we were in, it's a magnificent achievement.

Leam, thank you.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2013, 17:37   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Leam Richardson

Sod all wrong wi a bloke that will hold his hand up.
Old 21-04-2013, 17:44   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
I've had this post written for the past 2 weeks, but haven't wanted to tempt fate and post it - however, now we've assured ourselves from relegation, I'm safe to continue!

During our poor mid season run, I went on record on this forum and posted that I didn't think the manager was up to the job, that I didn't feel he was good enough or had the force of personality to see us safe in the league. I also questioned the leadership in the Board room on being indecisive at that point in time and changing the manager.

I still have some doubts about how the club is being led at Board level, still feel they took the cheap option on appointing Leam in the first place, and feel the only reason they didn't replace him during that run was that we simply couldn't afford to financially.

However, I was wrong about Leam having the managerial ability to keep us in the football league. Every one of his signings has improved the squad. I also questioned the acquisition of Linganzi, based on the limited time I saw him at Blackburn - he has simply been colossal for us. Leam appears to have been able to tap into something to get the best from Molyneux. I also feel that given the number of late goals we've scored recently, the fitness levels and team spirit are high. I do know they work on the positive thinking/psychological side of things a lot with the players.

If I was to be extremely picky, I would add that I'm still not sure what Leam's footballing style philosophy is, and that Hatfield should have got his chance sooner, however, we were in a situation where results were paramount over any pretty football, and I do not want to detract from what an achievement it has been for Leam to have kept us in the division. We may even end up being a reasonable placing, position wise.

For me, Leam deserves the opportunity to continue this good work, try and get more of his own men in during the summer, have his own pre season regime with the players and lets take stock of we are end Oct/early Nov. I've no doubt that this summer will be a normal, difficult'Stanley summer' for the manager, with many of our players being linked with other clubs. Some will sign for other clubs, some will be released, and a plethora of new faces will come and go throughout the pre season period, as the manager wheels and deals to get a squad together.

I was wrong and not afraid to acknowledge I was. Leam's a very young manager in his first job trying to make his way and this experience will only serve him well. And before I, or too many other Stanley fans get too carried away, given our resources and the position we were in, it's a magnificent achievement.

Leam, thank you.
seconded.

I do think Leam has a footballing philosophy, that he adapts depending on the opposition.
Its a bit more direct than Cook's style thats for sure.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 18:04   #4
God Member

if we were a richer club then I have no doubt that Leam would have walked during his difficult spell, however, thank god that we aren't. The only real success for smaller clubs is based on continuity and being able to build an ethos that everyone follows.

My favourite bit about Leam is that he is a very good talker during his after match interviews. He doesn't moan about referees, pitches, opposition tactics like our godly former manager. He doesn't spout a bunch of cliches, that he thinks the fans and media wants to hear, just like another more recent former manager. He talks. He makes sense and doesn't spout drivel. I find him very believable and very honest. Above all else I feel that he is one of us and really cares.

But I think the most commendable plaudits should come from somone who knows what he is talking about. Somebody who understands the intricasies of a dressing room and what it takes to be a succesful manager. He must have played for some of the biggest profile managers around over the past couple of decades ... Over to Mr Beattie

James Beattie‏@1jamesbeattie3h
Leam has been awesome during my time at Accrington, showing managerial skills way beyond his years. I see a very bright future for him.

Taken from his Twitter account this afternoon.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 18:58   #5

It's a fact. Leam is better than Sven.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 21-04-2013, 19:03   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well at a rough guess, i would say James Beattie is much better qualified to give n opinion on Leam, Than Davo or Meself.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 21-04-2013, 19:28   #7

Looks like harmony has finally broken out
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 19:52   #8
Senior Member+

Firstly.... well said jegred and Macca !
Secondly....The current achievements of Leam Richardson must easily stand in comparison to any of those Managers of the Clubs who now sit comfortably atop the Premier League, when accepting all the facts surrounding Stanley's restricted Income, it's small Fan Base, and the still to be explained cold-shoulder attitude of the population of Hyndburn ! .....If, as I firmly believe, miracles just don't happen spontaneously but are down to the actions of someone special....then we just might have witnessed one over the last couple of monthsfrom a very special young man
!.
Thirdly,
A commentator on Spanish Football TV last week went into wild raptures and blurted out...'There is not a better Left-Foot in Football than that at the end of Lionel Messi's Left leg !'....I smiled inwardly remembering the
goals which have flowed from Lee Molineux,s boots during the Team's current burst of excellent form and thought that here again if a comparison had to be made then would the goals scored by this glittering star in the exalted firmament which is La Liga vary that much in quality and execution from Stanley's combatitive midfielder ?.....Hardly !.
Finally,we as true Fans of The Reds have been so fortunate this season to witness so many good things at The Crown (or whatever it happens to be called at this moment in time)....
but the best gift of all which Leam and hisTeam have bestowed upon us is that by their efforts we can say that we are still members of The Football League, and can without a shadow of doubt look forward to more thrills and spills..and a few more Miracles maybe in the days to come !...
( Starting next Saturday !).
Revived Red likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 08:09   #9
Resting in Peace

It was a pleasure to watch Leam's assured interview on Saturday. For once he looked completely relaxed, a man on top of his game. He must be relishing the task ahead with the confidence that guiding the club to safety will bring. In his previous interview I counted 60+ "Y'knows" but that was all gone on Saturday as he appeared to have suddenly grown a foot taller than before. Wonderful to see. Well done, young man!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 13:30   #10

First and foremost, a BIG THANK YOU, to Leam Richardson, the players and staff of Accrington Stanley for ALL their hard work over the last two months to Keep Accrington Stanley in the football league.
There is no doubt who the MANAGER OF THE MONTH should go to this time....it should be a simple but well deserved decision this time.
Well at least now EVERYONE can relax and thoroughly enjoy the last game of the season with a job well done and a great optimism for the coming season:-)
Time to reflect on a real rollercoaster season yet again and time to enjoy what should be a great day against our old foe Oxford United ...
Once again WELL DONE ACCRINGTON STANLEY!!!:-)
AccyMad and cashman like this.
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 17:43   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
seconded.

I do think Leam has a footballing philosophy, that he adapts depending on the opposition.
Its a bit more direct than Cook's style thats for sure.
I have to agree with you on that Davo,Leam does like 4-4-2,and to be fair,stuck with it. Once he got the players drilled in it,the performances improved,and we became hard to beat.
Loved Cookys set up tho,with width and space all over the park,just don't think we had the right players during his time to do it justice.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 20:22   #12
Junior Member+

I heard that John + Jimmy have been back in an 'advisory role'. Did this coincide with our turn in fortunes or am I being unfair to Mr Richardson?
jenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 21:10   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglish View Post
I heard that John + Jimmy have been back in an 'advisory role'. Did this coincide with our turn in fortunes or am I being unfair to Mr Richardson?
Me own opinion is very unfair.
AccyMad likes this.

« Safe! | Dennis Cook »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..