Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2004, 19:17   #1
Junior Member+

Exclamation Left Back

why does the manager keep bringing players in on loan for left back and then drop them.
we have a perfectly adequate player in howson who has been allowed to go on loan to droylsden who is playing brilliantly by all accounts.
i was told that if howson played more than eight games his wages would be increased as he was the lowest payed at the club.
surely this isn`t the reason,or is it.there is no doubt about him being good enough from what i have seen.
confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-10-2004, 14:21   #2
I am Banned

Re: Left Back

what has happened to gerrard, did his loan finish?
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2004, 16:31   #3
Senior Member+

yes last week.......
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2004, 20:47   #4
I am Banned

How did everyone feel he performed throughout his loan? not a lot has been said on him so far!
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004, 07:08   #5
Senior Member+

Is it me or has that advert just doubled in size?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004, 10:56   #6

he was good on loan when in his position, but what does he have to do with it? he's a centre half, he was awful at full back, im not knocking him as a player though, a good central defender
Old 18-10-2004, 13:23   #7
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Left Back

as far as im concerned the key 2 a good defence is consistency, and u cant get that if u dont play the same back 4, obviousley injuries and suspensions always appear but we should try and get a settled back 4 if poss!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..