Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2006, 19:24   #1
God Member

Leighton McGivern

Got a run out today.. Got stuck in a bit.. made one or two nice passes.. looks like he will do ok when he has a few games under his belt... definitely not one to back out of tackles thats for sure. if he was 6ft he would be the perfect striker... no dissrespect re his size.... My fav accy striker of all time is lutel james and he was a little un

Old 11-11-2006, 19:48   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Leighton McGivern

Lol Wasnt Bad Really , Made a couple of chances and had a shot on goal aswell

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 20:17   #3
God Member

And made himself availiable for the ball.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 20:35   #4
Senior Member+

Tony funny you should mention lutel.

I saw a likeness with Lutel, He was fast, clever and did not get tangled up or shoved of the ball by the bigger guys defending,

VERY promising, if he and Paul can gel then it could be good.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 20:51   #5
Senior Member+

He was at Waterloo Dock before he came too us

this is a bit old but

NonLeagueDaily.com
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 21:01   #6
God Member

The commentator on Radio Nottingham said he looked like Andy Johnson but then said he couldn't possibly be as good as that cos he was only playing for Accy Stanley - cheeky git!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 18:58   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
The commentator on Radio Nottingham said he looked like Andy Johnson but then said he couldn't possibly be as good as that cos he was only playing for Accy Stanley - cheeky git!
Thought he played in the style of Andy Johnson, too. A pacy and aggressive player who definitely could be our "fox in the box". I was disappointed in Mangan yesterday - he didn't seem able to escape his markers at all, so maybe the new signing will mean he's even further down the pecking order. Would like to know the ball speed when Craney blasted one from distance in the first half which their goalie did well to keep out.
My first taste of the Mansfield "experience" - friendly fans in the pub but arsey stewards did their best to spoil the whole day. Good swim by Jase, though!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 09:52   #8
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
He was at Waterloo Dock before he came too us

this is a bit old but
Oct 31 2006
TITLE favourites Waterloo Dock increased their lead in the Premier Division to six points and maintained their 100% record, with a 3-0 win at Penlake with another goal for Leighton McGivern - his 20th of the season
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 11:45   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine
Thought he played in the style of Andy Johnson, too. A pacy and aggressive player who definitely could be our "fox in the box". I was disappointed in Mangan yesterday - he didn't seem able to escape his markers at all, so maybe the new signing will mean he's even further down the pecking order. Would like to know the ball speed when Craney blasted one from distance in the first half which their goalie did well to keep out.
My first taste of the Mansfield "experience" - friendly fans in the pub but arsey stewards did their best to spoil the whole day. Good swim by Jase, though!
Whats Browny thinking if Mangy is starting before him, Not that i dont rate Mangy its just that hes most affective coming on for last 15 mins and browny knows when not to chase after a lost ball 5 mins into a game, but then again i dont see them training during the week.
Old 13-11-2006, 12:11   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
Whats Browny thinking if Mangy is starting before him
I still think it was correct to start Mangan, not Brown, even if he didn't get a lot of joy at Mansfield. I have several times asked for Brown's qualities to outlined on here, as they escape me, but nobody has ever come up with any answers.
I'll try again - reply below, please, someone!
1)
2)
3)
4)
Is that enough space?
Old 13-11-2006, 12:20   #11
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine
I still think it was correct to start Mangan, not Brown, even if he didn't get a lot of joy at Mansfield. I have several times asked for Brown's qualities to outlined on here, as they escape me, but nobody has ever come up with any answers.
I'll try again - reply below, please, someone!
1)
2)
3)
4)
Is that enough space?
I thought the subject of this post was Leighton McGivern
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2006, 10:24   #12

Any player that battles and tackles for the full 90 in my eyes deserves to wear the red of Accrington anyday of the week

Whilst we might be struggling at the moment, everybody has a bad patch, and to start pointing fingers at this stage would be just stupid
Old 14-11-2006, 12:13   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMonkey
Any player that battles and tackles for the full 90 in my eyes deserves to wear the red of Accrington anyday of the week

Whilst we might be struggling at the moment, everybody has a bad patch, and to start pointing fingers at this stage would be just stupid
Who is pointing fingers at whom?
Old 14-11-2006, 21:34   #14
Junior Member+

Davey this lad as all what we have been looking for,lets get behind him. come on the reds.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 17:55   #15

McGivern was restricted to mainly substitute appearances for us the other year but scored a great goal away at Wycombe. He seemed to give away a lot of fouls and became known as angry little man by our fans! Still I thought he was worth a bit longer, if he didn't give away so many fouls he would have been quite useful.
RochdaleAFC is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..