Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2008, 00:59   #1
Junior Member+

Let's not be shy

Let's not be shy about this one. All season, most of us have been calling for Williams to be dropped. When he is, we win 2 on the bounce. When we are winning against Chester and cruising, he comes on and we concede within a minute!

He starts against Stockport?

If 1400 people each week (and that's generous!) can see that he is not up to this standard (good squad player if that) what's going on?

I think Coley has worked wonders for this club but Rocky makes me think it's an old boys act going on!

If I am wrong on this one please feel free to shoot me down.
Gazlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2008, 01:38   #2
God Member

Re: Let's not be shy

I can't offer up any 'physical' opinion, BUT there does seem to be alot of you singing from the same song sheet.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 08:28   #3
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

If Webb was injured yesterday I still wouldn't have played Williams, why drop Richardson?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 09:09   #4
God Member

Webb wasn't injured.

Can only think that Coley was rotating his squad and saving Leam and Webb for tuesday
Old 13-01-2008, 09:20   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Can only think that Coley was rotating his squad and saving Leam and Webb for tuesday
I could understand that way of thinking if the team was pushing for promotion, & Coley felt that Stockport were there for the taking. Quite frankly that's not the case. Also ASFC don't exactly have the biggest squad.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 10:06   #6
Senior Member+

Slightly confused here, are we saying Rocky was at fault for the goals, or is he being prejudged?
Wasn't at game, and don't understand Coley's position on Webb, either.

Always uneasy with threads that purport to speak for the majority.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 11:39   #7
Senior Member+

I don't think you can blame individuals for our defensive problems, but it is very frustrating when week after week we see the same problems and nothing seems to change. Williams has become a scapegoat I'm sure, but the situation with Webb is bemusing (to say the least).
Coleman has been saying for weeks and weeks that 'something will have to change', but it doesn't. Jeff has been saying for years that 'if we had a defence we'd be dangerous'...... we're still waiting.
Old 13-01-2008, 12:54   #8
God Member

you cant blame the defence when for the majority of time our midfielders lose possesion with trying fancy flicks when a basic pass will do like pass or cross a ball into the penalty box
Old 13-01-2008, 12:56   #9
God Member

well maybe you can like basic defender on the back post
Old 13-01-2008, 12:58   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
well maybe you can like basic defender on the back post
Even I know thats not what happens, I get told about it often enough and I believe HR is always telling him about it during the game
Old 13-01-2008, 13:05   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Even I know thats not what happens, I get told about it often enough and I believe HR is always telling him about it during the game
Ooooo don't go there, it frustrates the hell out of me, but not the players fault, that is what they have been told NOT to do!!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 13:34   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
... it frustrates the hell out of me, but not the players fault, that is what they have been told NOT to do!!!!!!
I don't understand it, either, but were are they? Certainly not marking anyone.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 15:58   #13
God Member

Funny (not).. but I to noticed last week that our Hawkes Bay Utd didn't have defenders on the inside of the posts when defending corners...hadn't noticed it before, must be a new directive from FIFA ...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 16:08   #14
God Member

no its coaches and defenders that think they know better.plonkers its one of the basics of defending covering your line because no defender or goalkeeper is perfect and mistakes will be made at least you have better chance of clearing off the line.i wonder if its coaches trying to make other teams repetitive .
Old 13-01-2008, 16:14   #15
God Member

You watch other premiership & championship teams do that, defend their line as much as it goes the other way popping one in at tother end - was'nt Gary Lineker famous for it???

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..