Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2007, 12:03   #1
God Member

Lets Stanley Be World Leaders

Here's an interesting proposal for Stanley , Surridge & Fraser Eagle regarding the New Kit and proposed "Mega Launch"! The launch for the kit now being delayed and hopefully launched into a blaze of publicity why not take the "Bull by the Horns" and Stanley speak to Surridgre & Fraser Eagle about contributing back £2 each for each shirt sold or put it another way reducing the price down from £40 to £36 coupled alongside the 10% discount would reduce the price down from £40 to £32 or in laymans terms 20%. We captured the nations spotlight last year with the Torquay game with T.V. coverage and national press headlines this could do the same again raise the profile of Stanley, Fraser Eagle and also Surridge I do not know what the cost of the finished shirt is etc. But if you work on the principle of selling 1,000 shirts a £2 reduction is £2000 which is probably money you would spend to advertise on Local Radio and for this you would probably recieve Mega Media Coverage if handled in the correct manner. At a time when Blackburn are cutting prices for season tickets and Burnley are offering the Premiership pledge it would be nice to see something being given back "nothing ventured nothing gained" Does anybody know of any other club that perhaps already does this?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2007, 12:34   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Lets Stanley Be World Leaders

Maybe I'm being thick, but I don't understand what you are suggesting?

Where is this £2000 coming from? The manufacturer? Who would they be contributing it back to? The club? And then who is spending the £2000 on local radio?

I'm lost
Old 23-06-2007, 13:44   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
would reduce the price down from £40 to £32 or in laymans terms 20%. Does anybody know of any other club that perhaps already does this?

Yes
Old 23-06-2007, 15:26   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Maybe I'm being thick, but I don't understand what you are suggesting?

Where is this £2000 coming from? The manufacturer? Who would they be contributing it back to? The club? And then who is spending the £2000 on local radio?

I'm lost
Based on the 1000 Tops the £2000 would come from both Kit Supplier & Kit Sponsor making £4000 total or 10%, they would give this to the Club, nobody is spending £2000 on local radio this was suggested in terms of promoting your product the best you would probably get for that sum would be an ad campaign on local radio rather than with this incentive you would be more likely to grab the national media spotlight and mega publicity for not a massive outlay.

SFFS
Old 23-06-2007, 15:48   #5
God Member

Quote:
you would be more likely to grab the national media spotlight and mega publicity for not a massive outlay.

On what basis ?

If your'e going to get mega publicity as a non-premiership club these days you have to do something really big. I've read this a few times and even discussed it with my Stanley housemate and still can't see what it does to create national and mega publicity.
Old 23-06-2007, 17:15   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
On what basis ?

If your'e going to get mega publicity as a non-premiership club these days you have to do something really big. I've read this a few times and even discussed it with my Stanley housemate and still can't see what it does to create national and mega publicity.
We Created it last season with the Torquay game being made free admission I seem to remember it being on Television, Radio, Newspapers, Teletext and other clubs trying to follow a similar route to put bums on seats and it was as far as I know something that had never been done before. The Backburn price cut has caught on nationally unfortunately with the Burnley Premiership Pledge you have to outlay and hope you get promotion before this comes to fruition. With the suggestion for this proposal no matter how small you are breaking the mould and giving something back to the fans which is what the national press are clamouring for has got to be good publicity!!

SFFS
Old 23-06-2007, 17:22   #7
Senior Member+

I still can't see a sponsor paying to have their name on the shirts, then giving £2 to the club for every shirt sold. It's like paying twice.
Old 23-06-2007, 17:27   #8
God Member

The best publicity going would be to make the shirts affordable to more people in the first place. I daresay the markup is several hundred % on club shirts, and that applies to all clubs.
Old 23-06-2007, 17:32   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The best publicity going would be to make the shirts affordable to more people in the first place. I daresay the markup is several hundred % on club shirts, and that applies to all clubs.
I agree and this is exactly what this sets out to do!!
If this was one of the Top Premiership clubs doing this how big would it be then?

SFFS
Old 23-06-2007, 18:34   #10
Senior Member+

I would like to add my two-penneth. Wigan Athletic have just released a new shirt for the coming season and it is priced at £30. Mind you JJB is a helluva lot bigger in profile than Surridge and even 20,000 Wigan fans is a lot more sales than Accy are going to get this season. But has anyone said yet just how much the new shirts are going to be, or are we all assuming that because last years were £40, this years are going to be the same price?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 19:45   #11
God Member

Quote:
I agree and this is exactly what this sets out to do!!
If this was one of the Top Premiership clubs doing this how big would it be then?

Honest truth ? I doubt it would make a line in the press unless they were halving the price of a shirt. Outback Ozzy said Wigan were going to sell their shirts at £30 which to my knowledge has not been big news except perhaps in Wigan.

At the Turf a season ticket holder gets a voucher to get 20% off a shirt, but it's been like that for a few years now.

Out of curiosity has anyone been in the club shop lately and noticed if they still have quite a few shirts left from last season ? I was in a few weeks ago and they seemed to have a lot which I thought was strange if they are having a new shirt this season.
Old 23-06-2007, 20:12   #12
Senior Member+

They were selling them off for £19 last week.
Old 24-06-2007, 08:58   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I would like to add my two-penneth. Wigan Athletic have just released a new shirt for the coming season and it is priced at £30. Mind you JJB is a helluva lot bigger in profile than Surridge and even 20,000 Wigan fans is a lot more sales than Accy are going to get this season. But has anyone said yet just how much the new shirts are going to be, or are we all assuming that because last years were £40, this years are going to be the same price?
On JJB website home shirt for Wigan Home shirt is £35

SFFS
Old 28-06-2007, 16:32   #14

We are currently looking into avenues to incorporate loyalty discount for merchandise, as and when I manage to install a proper EPOS system within the club that will be able to generate loyalty cards and supporters discount I will convey that message to you.

Hold tight supporter service is around the corner.
LewCarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 19:46   #15
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
same as last seasons prices £30 ju £40 Adults
mab is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..