Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2017, 15:18   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Lincoln's physical imps match thread

2-0 now
Old 16-12-2017, 15:19   #17
Junior Member+

Imps 2 Accy 0. Big Matt Rhead with the Imps second goal.
Salfordimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 15:23   #18
Junior Member+

Gate is 7696 with 135 visitors
Old 16-12-2017, 15:47   #19
Senior Member+

Crawley have had two sent off so, presumably, they'll be missing from their line-up next week.
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 16:05   #20
God Member

%*&!!!4^)*#!!!(**&^%%$4 . !
AccyMad likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 16:08   #21
God Member

Just seen the footage - no way was that a penalty or a sending off, the red card could get rescinded but a goal can't be taken back - terrible decision which must have changed the game, bet Coley's fuming!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 16:21   #22

My view, not the best performance. The penalty was a surprise, some people seen a pull back. I didn't and thought it looked soft. Lincoln had been pushing and pulling are players all game. Lincoln played as you would expect physical. We didn't really deal it with it. Fair play to Lincoln they play there way, there fans create a great atmosphere and influenced the referree. The referree could have booked a couple of Lincoln players for late challenges, there second goal looked off side but from the away end you couldn't really tell. We passed well at times but created very little all game. Kayden Jackson is not in his early season form. As a fan I think Nolan's height would have fitted the game better than Scotty brown. Let's hope we can move forward and get back are 2 point average a game for the whole season.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 16:37   #23
Junior Member+

From a personal Imps perspective it sounded a good game (for us) but with a inconsistent ref.
Old 16-12-2017, 17:38   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salfordimp View Post
From a personal Imps perspective it sounded a good game (for us) but with a inconsistent ref.
Inconsistent's one thing - most that we get are totally inept, beng a ref must be one of the few jobs where you can consistently make cock ups & have no come back, probably a close second to being a weatherman
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 16-12-2017, 18:38   #25
Junior Member+

Just back ..no pen perhaps but Accy keeper made 4 good stops and although you are clearly the best footballing side in the division you will still be next season as the team appear to have no bottle....and I have never seen a team this low down the league throw themselves to the floor so theatrically ..number 7 (Ward?) even had a laugh with us over how easily he conned the (inept pile of crap) 'Ref' . McConartist did much the same ...Imps are tough and Bostwick/Woodyard broke up so much in central midfield.. your 2 shots on target were tricklers from long range and easily Vickers quietest game
Just waiting for footage of that whining manager of yours to cry about ref/pen/sand/tackles/crowd influence again ...He clearly learnt nothing from first meeting
617ontheirgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 18:43   #26
Senior Member+

I've never been so angry over isolated incidents in a game in my life.
Seamus subjected to a late tackle that was bad enough to smash through the shin pad leaving him with a nasty gash which the referee says he didn't see but gives us a free kick.
Seen it after the game - horrendous.
As for the "penalty" .........
Then to wrap it up on the refs blind side and right under the linesman's nose Seamus takes a deliberate elbow straight in the mouth causing a nasty cut and despite being down to ten men he's told to leave the pitch for 3 minutes when we're down to 10 already.
Need to forget this game asap.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 18:47   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 617ontheirgame View Post
Just back ..no pen perhaps but Accy keeper made 4 good stops and although you are clearly the best footballing side in the division you will still be next season as the team appear to have no bottle....and I have never seen a team this low down the league throw themselves to the floor so theatrically ..number 7 (Ward?) even had a laugh with us over how easily he conned the (inept pile of crap) 'Ref' . McConartist did much the same ...Imps are tough and Bostwick/Woodyard broke up so much in central midfield.. your 2 shots on target were tricklers from long range and easily Vickers quietest game
Just waiting for footage of that whining manager of yours to cry about ref/pen/sand/tackles/crowd influence again ...He clearly learnt nothing from first meeting
What's your view on the penalty and the first half tackle on Conneely ?
Wait a minute no doubt you'll develop Wenger itis.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
Old 16-12-2017, 19:11   #28
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
What's your view on the penalty and the first half tackle on Conneely ?
Wait a minute no doubt you'll develop Wenger itis.
The penalty was 80 yards from me and sounds soft but we all know how poor that ref is so hardly a surprise (turned our game at Notts Cunty earlier in season with a poor red) ..he turned down the stonewall one earlier...as for the horrendous tackle don't make me laugh ...it was right in front of us and 2 genuine lads went in strongly ..nothing more nothing less ..you listen too much to that whining scouse git making excuse after excuse ..you were outrun out tackled outheaded and outscored big time before and after the red card ..3 of your midgets are cheats ..no other description for their theatrics ....on a plus side your keeper made several great saves ..before the pen ...and your right back looks class ..he should move to a club with a stadium and fans
617ontheirgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 19:19   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 617ontheirgame View Post
If by tough you mean you're lads are good at physically battering the opposition & getting away with it then yeah, you're probably right - not exactly a trait to be proud of though!
Our no. 7's name is not Ward, not even close so if you got that so wrong maybe you need your eyes testing as to the so-called theatrics you're accusing our players of? As for McConville, I presume that's who you mean, sounds like a touch of jealousy as I doubt any of your players are capable of scoring the calibre of goal he did against you in the tin pot trophy game.
If you listen to our managers post match interview, he's not whining he's bloody fuming - but yeah, maybe we should've learnt from the cup game & brought riot shields onto the pitch to deal with the nethanderal aspect of your game.
maccawozzagod likes this.
Old 16-12-2017, 19:19   #30
Senior Member+

Suggest you disappear up your own arse and get on your own site where you can all play together.
Next you'll be telling me Rhead is better than Messi.
I don't need anyone else to interpret a game I'm good at it myself thanks.
I never once said we deserved to win never once whinged over the result.
You seem to miss that.
We lost the individual battles which means we lost the war but that doesn't excuse the referee from getting it full pelt from me.
AccyMad likes this.

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 16-12-2017 at 19:24. Reason: Spelling

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..