Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2007, 06:50   #1
Junior Member+

Liverpool players on loan

First off, congrats on your latest win, you must all be a little more confident about staying up now.

Please don't start throwing things at me but I'm a Liverpool fan *ducks*

How are our lads (David Martin and Godwin Antwi) doing for you?
mandissected is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2007, 07:22   #2

Re: Liverpool players on loan

Oh, I remember them. That other team that plays in Red and werent founder members of the football league? Yeah, so what if you've got 5 champions league wins, have you ever won the Lancashire Cup?

Seriously though, Godwin is immense. As for Martin, he hasnt really been tested as such yer, alhough that might be the mark of a good goalie, the fact he gets himself into positions where he doesnt have to make saves.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:51   #3
Junior Member+

We just can't compete with such quality as the Lancashire cup, it's just one of those trophies that has always eluded us

And no need to worry about me being a big team big head. Growing up in the west country I only have small teams for hundreds of miles around! Liverpool was a family thing (both sides).

Thanks for the updates about the players. I don't know much about Martin other than he really impressed while playing for MK Dons. And is Antwi immense in his footballing ability as well as physically? I haven't seen the lad in person but I hear he's pretty impressive stature wise.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:26   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandissected View Post
Thanks for the updates about the players. I don't know much about Martin other than he really impressed while playing for MK Dons. And is Antwi immense in his footballing ability as well as physically? I haven't seen the lad in person but I hear he's pretty impressive stature wise.
"Godwin Antwi

What a legend! This lad is a right character. He ......has a big heart. Since moving to centre back he has been tremendous. He's fast and very powerful and also a very good tackler. ...."

This is what it says on the Liverpool MAD site and I think all Accrington fans would agree.

Don't expect anything but a welcome from Accy Fans - tell Steven Gerrard to bring his boots next time he comes. We all know what we owe to our association with Liverpool the club especially and also the wider city which has given us so many of our players. We hope to blood Liverpool's young stars well into the future.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:37   #5
Junior Member+

The way we're bringing younsters in you could have quite a pick next year!

I think it's always good to give younsters experience in the lower leagues, especially the foriegn kids to toughen them up a bit. And it's good to look outside the championship as well, it seems the other leagues get forgotten all too esaily.

What's Antwis dirstribution like?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:41   #6
God Member

Have been mightly impressed by antwi...and he's not afraid to take a shot on goal either His first two matches for us he got MOM both times and much deserved too...unfortunately he had to go off on Saturday but I'm hoping it was just a bad case of cramp!!

and from a girly point of view...Mmmmm not bad to look at either

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:05   #7

God Plays for Stanley! Enough said

Everything he does is immense, wins everything in the air, is spot on in his tackles and his passing is good too.

As good as the legendary Anthony Gerrard...?

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:10   #8
Member.

Will you lot stop telling people how good these lads are if you keep it up they'll want to take them back.

Look Liverpool both these lads are absolute crap leave them here with us and we'll try and do something with them, pop back in a year or two. Ta.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:24   #9
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Look Liverpool both these lads are absolute crap leave them here with us and we'll try and do something with them, pop back in a year or two. Ta.
Now that made me laugh!

Thanks for the updates guys. If you don't end up with Martin for next season we have another young keeper (I think we've brought about 4 this season) by the name of Hansen. He's Danish and absolutely huge, he's only a young lad (about 17) but apparently has a big future. Come next season I think a bit of match experience could help him out.

I don't think we really have another Antwi waiting in the wings though. From what I gather there are too many in his mould around!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:43   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandissected View Post
I don't think we really have another Antwi waiting in the wings though. From what I gather there are too many in his mould around!

Well if thats true, we will keep Antwi and you can have as many of the others that you like!!!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 13:03   #11
Junior Member+

now there's a typo and a half! I guess you figured I meant there arn't too many

Thinking about it we do have another player that might turn out to be similar Ronald Huth, a young centre back from Paraguay (with Italian nationality) who is supposed to be a bit of a beast size wise. Haven't heard much on his footbal yet mind (he only signed in January).

Our brightest yound defender (after Antwi) is a 17 year old Argentian left back called Insua (again a recent signing). This lad has been playing for Argentina U20's for awhile and is said to have a very bright future. In his first game for our reserves against Preston reserves he got hacked from behind but got up without a word. Next tackle with the offender (Neil Mellor) and Mellor needed stitches in his knee 'after a routine challenge'. I guess that lad doesn't need much adjustment to the physical side of our game! I'm not sure he will be out on loan though, there's hopes he may break through in to out 1st team squad next year.
Old 09-04-2007, 13:04   #12
Junior Member+

how do i start a new thread any1 help?
LJAY***** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 13:07   #13
Junior Member+

go in to the new forum and click on the new thread button
Old 10-04-2007, 12:34   #14

Whatever you do don't touch Ronald Huth, he's had a nightmare since he arrived.

There are loads of other very good players that will probably be going out on loan though. Are youth side are in the youth cup final again and they should be available next season.
Milner (LFC) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 21:39   #15
Resting in Peace

The Hartlepool fans on their messageboard were mightily impressed with both of them yesterday.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..